Enter to Win: HardBody 160 CD case from Slappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodymechanic

Bodymechanic

Junior Audioholic
I have to say Axiom's! Thanks for the contest. :)

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
I haven't heard enough speakers to give a good answer, but i have polks know and would love to get better speakers.

S

supatrukka

Audiophyte
I live in Australia so that puts me out of the running, but.....

I think the best sounding speakers are the ones that the listener likes the reproduction of his/her music/HT from the best. Audio is such a personal thing :D

Cheers all..

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
I am very happy with my Athena setup. I'd like to try some maggies, though.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
I really like the neutral sound of my Ascends, but probably the best speaker i have had a chance to hear has to be vandersteens

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
havent heard that many different speakers, only jbl studios, axiom, energy, and paradigm. oh yeah and bose.

of those i think i like the paradigm.

all the admin has me wondering about the RBH products though. the t-2 looks cool, and since they are 8500 a pair. ill say they fit much better in my room. if i had the choice i mean.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I think this is a loaded question. Alot of it depends on room acustics, room size, what receiver your using, external amps(if being used), etc.

B&W, M&K, Definitive Technology and Mirage are the top speakers I liked that I have actually auditioned. I cannot remember the exact models. For sub's, hsu, and svs.

Needless to say, I do not have any of them. I am to poor :(

Reorx

Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
majorloser said:
But when I was buying my speakers I narrowed my choice down to B&W, M&K, Canton, Definitive Technology and Mirage. I truly enjoyed the sound of all. Needless to say I ended up buying Canton.

DT makes some awesome speakers....their founder left Polk because they wouldn't build his design I understand. I recently had them demo'd for me and WOW! the really sound awesome, particularly for music! Shame they cost so much....course the ones I heard have a built in 12" Woofer that allows you to hook up the LFE to it.....pretty sweet! Shame it cost $3000 for a pair of them. However, you won't necessarily have to buy a sub them.....hummmmm!!!

Great speakers!

E

ehdelfino

Audiophyte
I have always used Bose for all my audio (when I could afford them). :eek:

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
I have had very limited exposure to speaker brands, but I have been very happy with all the Klipsch speakers I have owned/heard. They are the best speakers I have owned and the ones I have the most experience with. I have heard some very nice speakers in showrooms, but wouldn't be able to say if they were better unless I had an opportunity to put them to the test at home.

P

ptalar

Junior Audioholic
I have heard a number of brands and sometimes it is hard to tell which is the best. At times I have heard two brands of speakers and they both sound good so it boils down to speaker style and cost. Also, what sounds good or bad in the show room may sound entirely different in your listening room in your house. When the question is asked who makes the best speaker I am going to address it from a sound quality, cost, and style/quality standpoint: a system standpoint. I have Bose 701 Series II Mains and they sound excellent on my system. I heard side by side tests comparing them with other speakers at Good Guys at one time, and I was not sure what I heard at the dealer was correct. They were comparing Bose to much more expensive speakers. So the Bose did not sound as good but I felt inside the dealer was putting a bad signal intentionally into the Bose to get me to buy a more expensive brand. I shopped around and felt the Bose was the best bang for the buck and it sounds great in my room for a $1,000 a pair. I even went to a super high end audio store and looked at Nautilus speakers for $15,000 each and they sound great but not $29,000 better for a pair. However, Bose does not make big floor standing speakers anymore other than the 901 so when I replace these I will seriously consider Axiom M80's or M60's for their sound quality, cost, quality build, and great styling. So my pick of the best speaker from a system standpoint (cost, style/quality, sound qualiy) is the Axiom M80 or M60.

K

kiran_sham

Junior Audioholic
First of all, I did not listen to ALL the speaers available. But I did take a tour of several stores like the Magnolia home theater in BestBuy, GoodGuys, CircuitCity etc... looking for speakers. I thought that Boston Acoustics had pretty good performance and the next one was Klipsch. But I ended up buying Polk set from CircuitCity on the day after Thanksgiving, when all speakers were on sale. I got all of them for half the price. But then decided that I needed better center, left and right speakers and so bought Klipsch from GoodGuys, again for a discounted price.

So in short, I think Klipsch sounds better! :)

S

so_cal_forever

Audioholic Intern
RBH sound in my humble opinion. They offer the most value for your money and use top notch components. I'd say Onix is a close second.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Years ago when I was going to buy my first 5.1 speaker system it came down to the B&W 601 series or the Def Techs 2002's. While both sounded great, I ultimately went with the Def Tech due to the predominance of my listening being movies. The B&W sounded better with music because they are direct radiating, but the bi-polor design of the Def Tech allowed them to disappear more across the front soundstage. I have also listened to Infinities, Polk, and Klipsh (too bright), but I still love my Def Techs.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
I think the best that I've heard are the Paradigm Signature series. I was fortunate enough to stumble into my local Hi-Fi shop when Paradigm reps were there demo-ing the Signature setup. They had the whole package in birdseye maple and the had obviously taken the time to properly set up the speakers. They sounded magnificent! Unfortunately, well out of my league as far as price goes.

Jason

R

randymoe

Enthusiast
Speaking of speakers....

Not having heard all speakers out there, I am a bit biased only by what I have heard... Considering all options, I am very pleased w/Cambridge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis