Enter to Win: Gefen DAC from Ram Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Ram Electronics wants you to win!

Ram Electronics is giving away the chance to one (1) Gefen GTV-DD-2-AA Digital to Analogue converterto two (2) eligible forum members!

Background:
Many of the new HDTV with built in digital tuner only have optical or coaxial digital audio outputs, analog audio outputs were eliminated. This DAC will convert both PCM and DTS Bitstream digital audio output signals to left and right analog outputs, seamlessly.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the following question in the thread below.

Contest Question: How would you use this DAC(Digital to Analog Converter) in an audio system? Please explain your choice in the thread below.
  1. Digital audio out to a second audio zone.
  2. HDTV toslink/SPDIF out to stereo receiver.
  3. Surround sound audio to powered speakers.
  4. Other - Please explain

Note this contest ends on April 30th, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
dougg

dougg

Junior Audioholic
Number 2

Number 2 as of Now, till i see the Device.
Dougg

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Option #2 (HDTV toslink/SPDIF out to stereo receiver).

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
4. eBay.

Looks like they have a little overstock. :D

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Other - To be able to utilize an old TV in the rec room

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
#4 - Digital out from my Media Server computer to connect to receiver. It's just way cooler than using a 1/8" to RCA adapter. :D Also, it would be a handy little tool in the "connect anything" arsenal!

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: How would you use this DAC(Digital to Analog Converter) in an audio system? Please explain your choice in the thread below.

I would end up converting the RCA outs to a 1/8" stereo plug to use with powered computer speakers.

J

jerico

Audiophyte
1. Digital out from my PC to feed a system for playing lossless files in my bedroom!

Senior Audioholic
<I>Contest Question: How would you use this DAC(Digital to Analog Converter) in an audio system? Please explain your choice in the thread below.</I>

As an outboard DAC on an audio PC plugged in to a receiver. I would use the built in digital out on the motherboard as the source then the DAC would then feed the stereo analog to the receiver.

N

neckthrough

Enthusiast
4. Other - PC soundcard's SPDIF out -> Gefen DAC -> Integrated Analog Amp -> Speakers

A

allargon

Audioholic General
4. Other - I will sell it to get something I really need/want! What? I'm honest.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
4. Other: Convert digital out from laptop for use with receiver

Deadeye

Deadeye

Audioholic Intern
As of right now it's No. 2 for me.
Out to my stereo preamp.

S

Skittles McDuck

Enthusiast
3. Surround sound audio to powered speakers.

I need one. I have multiple sources going into one set of powered speakers and I am tired of trying to get my signals converted by cobbling stuff together every time I need to hook up a different source.

P

project86

Audioholic
Option 1 in a garage setup, so I can pipe sound in while I work out.

JimmyTango

JimmyTango

Audioholic Intern
4) Mac Mini toslink/SPDIF out to stereo receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis