Enter to Win: Gefen DAC from Ram Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
Digital audio out from small LCD TV to stereo receiver in bedroom setup. Less cables = higher WAF.

schuss

schuss

Audiophyte
Option 1. I'd love to put this alongside my Gefen GTV-HT-AUDPROC and feed crisp, clear stereo audio into the next room!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Digital out from DVD player to stereo. The DAC in the DVD player is probably not as good as this one, so it will improve the sound. It could also be used to feed the stereo from my ReQuest server so I can send analog stereo to the distributed audio without needing a separate buffer or using some other inferior method.

N

nitin_mehra20

Audioholic
Roku Soundbridge toslink/SPDIF out to stereo receiver

T

tsteves

Junior Audioholic
Ha ha! We have plenty of stock, but honestly these sell like little hotcakes. My best guess is people with ATSC QAM Tuners built into TV's with only digital outputs going to a stereo system with only analog inputs.
I like the system setup you have, but those chairs are truly awesome!

Tom Steves
RAM Electronics

S

soulrider4ever

Enthusiast
I'd go with 1) Digital audio out to a second audio zone as well. Just curious what DAC chip is this using?

A

Alai

Enthusiast

Btw, is this DAC any good? What kind of DAC chip does it use?

J

jjminch

Junior Audioholic
4. Use this to connect my computer to a receiver. Looks like a cool product.

S

SB Patrick

Audiophyte
crossing the millineum

Use #4
In order to use my HDTV and my 80s vintage audio to push air the old fashioned theater way. Literally going from 21st century back to the 20th.
Thanks!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Contest Question: How would you use this DAC(Digital to Analog Converter) in an audio system? Please explain your choice in the thread below.
  1. Digital audio out to a second audio zone.
  2. HDTV toslink/SPDIF out to stereo receiver.
  3. Surround sound audio to powered speakers.
  4. Other - Please explain

Note this contest ends on April 30th, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
Other (?) - I would be using it to connect my PS3 to my distributed audio system so that I could play games in other rooms and watch/listen to movies in rooms other than my family room. I've been using the Toslink output with a S/PDIF converter, but I've been unable to matrix the PS3 to my audio distribution so the PS3 w/audio in other rooms has been unattainable to this point.

Would be great to be able to add it to the mix!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I'd use it as #2:
HDTV toslink/SPDIF out to stereo receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis