Enter to Win: FREE DVIGear DVI+HDCP 2x1 Switcher!

What features are most important to you in a compact DVI or HDMI switcher?

• Suggested List Price

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Physical Size and Appearance

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Number of Inputs / Outputs

Votes: 44 62.9%
  • Type (DVI, HDMI, Audio, etc) of Inputs / Outputs

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Type of Audio Connectivity

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Ability to Scale Resolution of Output Signals

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Guaranteed to Handle 1080p HDTV

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Other (please specify in thread)

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Haveing some way to switch it remotely would be very important to me. Either through the hookup to my reciever or through my IR repeater system.

M

MDC

Enthusiast
1. Simple to use.
2. Low price.

Not interested in up conversion.

Senior Audioholic
Number of Inputs / Outputs
Type (DVI, HDMI, Audio, etc) of Inputs / Outputs
Type of Audio Connectivity

Thease are by far the most important aspects to me because it needs to have enough inputs to be useful. It has to have the same type of audio and video inputs as my equipment.

P

Packk01

Audioholic Intern
The number of inputs are most important

My TV has one input but I have 3 components with DVI out. It would help to have a switcher with 3 in and 1 out so that I wouldn't have to worry about doing the manual switch.

D

DZP1

Audiophyte
I think 3-4 inputs, 1 output would be much more useful along the sames lines as previous statements. Would like to see it output audio separately also. IR or RS232 control is key.

-sp

K

Kid Red

Audiophyte
Well, I don't really have much need for a regular switcher because I don't have dozens of devices connected. I think for me, the ability to scale the resolution would add a feature that would be of interest to a person with limited devices. I only have 4 devices and my HDTV, and only the TV and my STB are digital inputs/outputs so I don't need 4+ in/ouputs. But a switcher/scaler that doesn't cost $1000-$1400 like some *cough* HD scalers I've seen would be awesome. I just can't justify $1000 for a scaler. But, $250-$500 for a scaler outputting 1080i, up to 4 digital (HDMI, DVI, etc) outs and ins that looks sharp would be good for me.

Looks should be solid. No silver please. Or maybe silver and black versions. And it shouldn't be chunky and small, I'd rather thin and wide to go with average components. Then it would look sharp in a cabinet. If I upgrade to a HDMI/DVI DVD player, then I'd need such a switcher as my TV only has one HDMI. So this contest is actually good research as DVIGear is a respectable company in my yes.

B

beachbum

Audiophyte
all of the items on your list are important, but ease of setup, and multi hookup are the most important to me,

B

BGA

Audiophyte
I would like to see the inputs be switchable with remote and the output that can act as a booster to help longer runs to projectors.
All this for a price around $200 or less would also be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis