Enter to Win: DVI/HDMI Cable from DVIGear!

What is the longest display cable length in your current system?

• 0.5 - 10 meters (1.6 - 33 feet)

Votes: 57 82.6%
  • 10 - 20 meters (33 - 66 feet)

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • 20 - 50 meter (66 - 164 feet)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vanhoecke

Junior Audioholic
Entry

Most used -- 3 meters (Longest - I have three Bose amps on the basement which are driven from a head unit upstairs -- probably 20 meters):eek:

In the future? :rolleyes: Excluding any speaker cables and assuming I don't have to replace any cables on the Bose system, probably 10 meters n new HT.

J

Jeje2

Junior Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
3 - 10m I would state.

What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?
Currently have a 20m S-video for my TV and 10m HDMI for my PJ.
As currently selling my TV to get a small (<28") TFT in my bedroom for casual watching - I see a need of max 7-10m HDMI cables as room layout is palnned acordingly. (Have HDMI switching AV-receiver)

J

JIMENG

Enthusiast
under 10 m

My system is fairly close together.

4 meters and under allows for ample room.

By the way, the DVI/HDMI 1 meter cable would go great with my Oppo/Yamaha combo !!!!! :) :) :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
1. 0.5-10 meters

2. 10-15 meters, if I decide to route cables across my living room. Otherwise, 2-3 meters.

S

Shortsord

Audioholic Intern
10 meters is the longest I use, and for the most part I don't use more than 6 meter cables at all. I don't think that most people really have components seperated by a great enough distance to really warrant a 20m cable. The only use I have for any of my 10m cables, three, is to be wired into the wall, and even then 10m is plenty. Considering how most cables people are not going to bother putting through walls even, 3-6m is enough, I think, for the majority of consumers.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Yeah, I'm with most others, in the 0.5 to 10 meter range. I think the AVERAGE ht would have the TV and all the gear pretty close by, like underneath the TV or just off to the side -- much like my setup. So I wouldn't need longer than that in the near future.

cheers,
supervij

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Since I have a distrubted audio/video setup in my home, my runs are all about 30-50 feet in length - one way. Lot's of mini-HR cable was used to accomplish this and I'm still trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to get HDMI up to my projector and to my plasma... or do I just stick with component?

We'll see! Maybe in the next house I'll run it all. Need a HDMI matrix switch pretty depearately though.

D

DZP1

Audiophyte
1. Seems like most people use 1-3M lengths most often as entertainment centers and/or a plasma on top of an audio cabinet is what I see most often. Even with wall mounted plasmas, typically the gear is directly below the TV location.

2. 10M at most for front projector to reach gear closet.

-sp

H

hrad

Audiophyte
Answer

Less than ten meters.
I will need between 10 and 20 meters.

M

Mesh

Enthusiast
-In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?

Probably about 5-8m is the most common.

-What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?

I keep things close and compact so 2-5m is probably most I'll ever need.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
DVI/HDMI Cable

In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?
1) 1.5 meter is the most frequently used length alltough many folk's system may require longer runs. (2) Again 1.5

P

philbam

Audiophyte
DVI Cable Competition

Most used = under 10 metres
Wanted = under 10 metres

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers