Enter to Win: DVI/HDMI Cable from DVIGear!

What is the longest display cable length in your current system?

• 0.5 - 10 meters (1.6 - 33 feet)

Votes: 57 82.6%
  • 10 - 20 meters (33 - 66 feet)

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • 20 - 50 meter (66 - 164 feet)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomme35

Enthusiast
1. Most used: 0.5 m to 10 m.
2. The longest length I would need is 25 m (about 75 Feet).

T

tlqualman

Audioholic Intern
most used in >10 meters

my longest need in the future will most likely be >15 meters

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
Cable Lengths

My longest cable is about 15 feet right now, because I have a 2-channel setup.

1: 0.5 - 10 meters - I'd say the average home theater enthusiast still has the majority of the cables in the range of 0.5 - 10 meters because most people have components right next to the TV, and 2-5 speakers, of which 2-3 are within 12 feet of the TV/components.

2: 35 feet. I'm planning to install some surrounds into the ceiling once I find some I like.

J

jafo_91

Enthusiast
DVI/HDMI Contest

1. Most used .1 to 10 Meters
2. Aprox 12 Meters for a run from My Receiver to Pani AE900 Projector. I am looking at different setups, would prefer less than 7 Meters to avoid any possible signal degredation.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
1. In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
i'd say 3-5 meters is most common

2. What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?
around 15 meters if you were using a front projector or something requiring a long run

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
Wishful thinking or reality

Contest Questions:

1. In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
2. What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?

Answer:

1) Most would be in the shortest length 0.5 - 10 m

2) I would imagine that since I will most likely remain with a direct view versus projector set up the above noted length will be all that I need.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
1. most used...0.5 - 10 meters
2. longest I'd probably need would be 7 or 8 meters, 10 tops. This would be for a projector run.

Don_T

Don_T

Junior Audioholic
1) In my opinion the average home theatre uses display cables less than 10 meters.
2) My current longest as well as future needs cable length is just under 10 meters.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q1. In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
A1. less than 10 meters.

Q2. What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?
A2. 20 meters.

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
1. .5 to 10 meters

2. Couldn't see going over 20 meters

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:
1) The first option.

2) If I finnish the basement the longest I might need would be about 30'.(and thats got to be pushing it)

SBF1

K

KevInCinci

Junior Audioholic
1. The 0.5-10m is average.
2. 10m is the longest I would need.

M

mbaylor

Junior Audioholic
<10 meters
Approximately 50'

O

O'Mo

Audiophyte
0.5-10 meters for sure! 33ft is a hefty run even for speaker cable.
I am hoping to keep my system fairly compact and avoid long runs. The longest cable run, not really expected even, but planned for (as a just in case scenario) is 25ft.

A

auujay

Audioholic Intern
Contest

1) most used: 0.5 - 10 meters
2) 10 meters as even with that length I could go from one end of my room, under the floor and up into the closet in the back. That is as far as I would ever think I would need to go

J

jcrobso

Audioholic Intern
Cables.

For most 6~10 feet.
The longest that I would need is the 10 '.

B

bearrito

Audiophyte
1.) Most fall in the 0.5 to 10m category
2.) Longest I will likely need is ~15m

tonay

tonay

Junior Audioholic
1. 2-4 meters
2. 10-15 meters when I do a ceiling mounted projection system

Status
Not open for further replies.