Enter to Win: DVI/HDMI Cable from DVIGear!

What is the longest display cable length in your current system?

• 0.5 - 10 meters (1.6 - 33 feet)

Votes: 57 82.6%
  • 10 - 20 meters (33 - 66 feet)

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • 20 - 50 meter (66 - 164 feet)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
DVIGear wants your opinion!

DVIGear is giving away a Super High Resolution (DVI/HDMI) cables to one (1) randomly selected eligible winner .

The winner will be able to choose one DVI, HDMI or HDMI-DVI cable of his or her choice between 10 and 20 meters. This is DVIGear's Super High Resolution active copper cables and are guaranteed to do 1080p.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Respond to the poll above and answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
  1. In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
  2. What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?
Note this contest ends on November 30th, 2006. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
1. most used: 0.5 - 10 meters
2. longest I'd probably need would be 7 or 8 meters, 10 tops.

J

jfaudio

Enthusiast
1. In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
2. What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?
1 - cable < 10 meters.
2 - 5 meters.

S

shnamgoong

Audiophyte
2. up to 10 meters.

A

Armbender

Enthusiast
2. up to 10 meters.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I think 10 meters being average.
I'll need 11 meters for my system.

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
Most used: 8-10 meters.
I'll need 10 meters to hook up my projector.

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:
In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?

I think the 0.5-10 meter size will cover most needs and would be most used.

A 15-foot display cable is the maximum I would need in the future.

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
The 0.5 - 10 meter lengths would be most used as interconnects in the main component rack.

The longest interconect would be in the 10 - 20 meter range. I may need the length to connect a computer workstation to the AV rack.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
DVI Gear cables

1. I think the short cable lengths are most common. the 2m to 4m lengths work great for most people who have an intertainment center or TV stand with all the A/V gear nearby.

2. The longest I think I need is 10 meters to connect a table top front projector to a video source from my entertainment center.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
1. 0.5 - 10 meters

2. My current video cables are 8.5 meters and that will be the length I need in the future.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast?
Definately 10 meters and under. Most people have their equipment fairly close to their display.

What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future?
At this point, I don't see myself needing anything over 10 meters. And that would only be if I moved into a larger place and tried to build something cleaner a bit further away. Realistically, 3-4 meters will probably be more than enough.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
1. 0.5 - 10 meters

2. My current video cable is 6 ft and that will be the length I need in the future.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast? under 10 meters

What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future? under 10 meters

Senior Audioholic
0-10M

Most people have their equipment near each other.

If you have a projector I could see needing 10-20 Meters.

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
1) In your opinion, which of the above display cable lengths is the most used for the average home theater enthusiast? Definately 10 meters and under.

2) What is the longest length display cable you expect that you’ll need in the future? ~10m

D

dbpolk

Enthusiast

.5-10 meters should be most used average now and in the future. This is even for most projector applications

10 meters to my projector from the AVR

J

jdbwolverines

Audioholic Intern
I would say the 0 to 10 meter range is the ny far the most popular. That lenght should be able to reach nearly anywhere around a room. The longest I believe I would ever need is up to 10 meters also. Maybe if you had some fairly odd projector setup or wanted to move it outside for outdoor screenings would be the only reasom you would need longer.

R

rockymtnman

Enthusiast
1. 10 meters and under

2. I don't expect to need anything over 10 meters

S

slickster

Enthusiast
HDMI Cable

1. 10 metres and under.
2. about the same and 1. maybe a little longer.

I have a projector and would like to run a HDMI cable to my M1-DA connection on my Infocus Screenplay 4805 when I get HDTV. :cool:

Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis