Enter to Win: Aperion Signature SLIMstage30 by Soundmatters Soundbar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Fingers crossed...

1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home?
- No not at this time. My intent, when I do purchase, is to power them with an older receiver I have kept.

If no, why not?
- Recently purchased home and immediately deployed to Iraq.
2) Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers (1 being the most important)

2-Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3-Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
1-Sound quality
4-Loudness
7-Battery powered
6-Portability
5-Hidden into decor or landscape

3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio?
- Yes

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.)
- Patio by pool

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? If yes, how do you get music to them? Can you control the volume and source while outside?
No -- I use a self-powered "portable" speaker that is sourced wirelessly from my receiver. I can control the volume but not the source itself (have to go inside and change the source on my receiver itself).

If no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.)
Having dedicated outdoor speakers just hasn't been a priority for me...

2) Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers (1 being the most important):
1. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
2. Hidden into decor or landscape
3. Sound quality

Yes

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.)
On my patio, probably mounted up near the roof.

B

bongobob

Audioholic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.

If no, why not?
I live in a ground floor condo. They might walk away...

2) Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers (1 being the most important)

1-Sound quality
2-Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3-Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house

Yes

See answer to Q1.

weejimmee

weejimmee

Audiophyte
Aperion Soundbar contest answers

1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? Yes
Connected to Zone B from my receiver, controlled via iPhone remote app and iTunes. I have a home in Michigan and live in a rented one in China. China has solid walls, would like a wireless solution for the patio...

1 Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
2 Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3 Sound quality - not the perfect environment, convenience is more of a priority, but would love to be surprised.

Yes

Deck and concealed in the garden.

S

schaume

Enthusiast
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home?Nope, not yet
If yes, how do you get music to them? Can you control the volume and source while outside?
If no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.)Condo complex
Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house 2
Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house 3
Sound quality 1
Loudness 4
Battery powered 5
Portability 6
Hidden into decor or landscape 7
3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio? Yep

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.) Deck

S

Someday

Enthusiast
Yes. They came w/ the house.
1. Sound quality
2. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3. Loudness

Yes. But my speakers don't need them

I have them under the eave. It would be nice to get some boulder looking speakers farther out in the yard.

J

jimbobby

Enthusiast

No. I do plan on buying outdoor speakers in the near future, however. I'm in the process of having a home built. I have two rooms wired for sound. I just decided on the Aperion 6-IW (in-wall) speakers for my fronts and center speakers. My rear speakers will be the 6-IC (in-ceiling) rounds. I just listened to them in Aperion's showroom this afternoon. My upper bonus room is also wired for sound. I'll throw my current roundup of Paradigms into that room. That leaves the master bedroom and the patio. Those will eventually need sound. My backyard is big, but right now it's just a mud-pit. But eventually it will be beautiful and I'll have many guests eating, drinking and being merry. :D What fun would that be without music? My hope is to be able to control the music remotely from anywhere in the backyard.

1. Sound quality is the single most important factor, for me, for an outdoor speaker (or indoor speaker, for that matter). My wife might disagree (that's why we're going with in-wall speakers in the great room, but she has her priorities in the wrong order.
  2. Affordability is the second most important factor, for me, for an outdoor speaker. I'm not made of money and audio-visual toys can break the bank if you let them. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck.
  3. Control. This is the third most important factor for me. I want to be able to control the speakers from anywhere in the yard with the touch of a button. I do not want to have to set my drink down, trip over a few guests, crash into the screen door and fall onto my face just to change the volume.

Yes, I have a power outlet on the back of my house. My daughter's singing Barney will charge there, as it's not allowed in my house.

Right now, since my back yard isn't developed, I don't have many options. But I'm thinking that the speakers would look nice under (or on the outside) of my patio cover.

Attachments

Last edited:
smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? YES
If yes, how do you get music to them? From pwrd 2nd zone on rcvr Can you control the volume and source while outside? NO
If no, why not? Inside door of back porch is a volume control. No real need - Source is not changed frequently from either the FM radio or CD player(e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.)

1Sound quality
2Hidden into decor or landscape
3Loudness

3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio? YES

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.) Deck - ceiling mounted

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
No. I built a patio about 2 years ago, but I have no permanent music out back. I use a portable ipod dock currently.

1. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
2. Sound quality
3. Loudness

Yes.

The backyard patio.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
No, I'm renting a home now. Not to mention I live in the mountains and the weather gets pretty crazy up here (Very windy, heavy rains/snow)

1. Sound quality
2. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house.
3. Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house.

Yes, I have two of them.

On the deck...the place where I would be eating and entertaining people.

S

StphNieuw

Enthusiast

* Yes I have outdoor speakers and power them via my receiver in the man cave.

1* Sound quality
2* Loudness
3* Hidden into decor or landscape

* yes 1

* covered porch

R

RickVitzthum

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

No, New home I have not had time to figure out how to install them

1 Sound quality
3 Hidden into decor or landscape

Yes

Patio area

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? - No

If no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.) Just bought a new house and haven't had a chance to install any yet

1 Sound quality
3 Loudness

3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio? yes

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.) Under the eaves on my deck

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
If no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.)

working on it now...

1) Sound quality
2) really need them to be weather PROOF.

Yes

side of house.

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Note this contest ends on November 30th, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
Contest Questions:
No
  • If yes, how do you get music to them? Can you control the volume and source while outside?
  • If no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.)
Have a pair in the garage. I actually may get outdoor speakers down the road.
  • Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house 3
  • Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
  • Sound quality 1
  • Loudness 2
  • Battery powered
  • Portability
  • Hidden into decor or landscape
Yes
I would mount them under an eave on my detached garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja

Not outside my igloo in canada, no.

1) Sound quality
2) Loudness
3a/b TIE) Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house

Maybe. I don't know.

If I had a pool, near there.

N

north

Audiophyte
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? No.
I don't spend much time outside my house.

2)1. Sound quality
2. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3. Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house

3) Yes.

4) Under an eave and/or attached to the deck.

U

upyourkilt

Enthusiast
aperion soundbar contest

1) No, I do not have outdoor speakers . I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
2) Most important features:
1. * Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
2. * Sound quality
3. * Hidden into decor or landscape

3) Yes, we have outdoor power.

4) Under the eave.

Last edited:
H

hsopat

Audiophyte
1) No, I don't have speakers outdoors, but hope to in the future.
2) a. Sound Quality
b. Control volume outdoors
c. Hiding speakers isn't important
3) I have outdoor power
4) I would like to provide sound to my swimming pool and deck area

G

grateful4music

Audiophyte
No, I just open the windows (not ideal!)

1. Ability to adjust volume without going inside the house
2. Ease of installation
3. Maintenance free

Yes, 1

In the back mounted to the house (probably) to hear while on the deck or doing work in the back yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis