Enter to Win: Aperion Signature SLIMstage30 by Soundmatters Soundbar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vart

Audioholic
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home?

* If yes, how do you get music to them? Can you control the volume and source while outside?
* If no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.)

No. We don't have a deck or a patio that we can "hang out" on. We only have a small front porch.

2) Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers (1 being the most important)

1. SQ
2. Adjust volume without going in to house
3. Blend in to lanscape

3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio?

No.

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.)

On or near deck

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If yes, how do you get music to them? Can you control the volume and source while outside?
Yes, I have them on my front porch and on my rear deck. They are controlled from 12 button keypads which are just inside the door and allow for volume control, source selection, and preset control. I COULD control them from outside via my iPod or a RF remote, but I have not had that desire. Well, actually I recently programmed my iPod, so I guess I can do that... I just never have.

2) Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers (1 being the most important)
  • Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
  • Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
  • Sound quality
  • Loudness
  • Battery powered
  • Portability
  • Hidden into decor or landscape
1 - Sound quality - Mostly this means even audio coverage with decent bass reproduction for an outdoor space.

2 - Loudness - I think this falls into #1 as well. If you can't hear it, then it isn't quality sound outdoors.

3 - I would say ability to change source/volume/etc, but my back yard is 10' deep (not a joke), so I would say that the blending into the decor is more important in my current home. In my next home, I'm hoping for a kick arse back yard, so then I will want to get a waterproof RF remote outside.

Yes, and yes. Both front and back of the house has a power outlet.

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.)
I wired the heck out of my home, so I have speakers everywhere I want them. The front porch and rear deck are only 2 of over a dozen audio zones in my home. I've run into more than a few homes where wireless outdoor speakers which are battery powered would be stellar!

I can definitely say that a good, rechargable outdoor speaker which could have a built in control for volume & source selection of some sort would be phenomenal. Something you can take inside, charge up, then use for a couple of hours outside. Preferably with a removable (water tight!) battery compartment so a battery or two (or three?) could be recharging while the speaker(s) is in use. This way if it dies, music is only down for a couple of minutes. Oh yeah, that would be cool.

S

Shike

Audioholic Intern

No. I live in an apartment so it wouldn't work out with the landlord :D

1. SQ
2. Adjust volume without going in to house
3. Loudness

Yes.

If I owned a home probably on a patio or around the backyard.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
No I never hooked up anything outside , I use a vintage 1970 ish boom box outside but I would love to hook up a real quality type speaker set-up and deliver sound from my new Pioneer AVR.

1. * Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house.

2. * Sound quality.

3. * Ability to change audio track or source without going inside house.

Yes (GFI)

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers?
I would like them on my deck and hidden within the landscape of my outside garden patio.( Rocks/Plants and a fountain)

M

mjmchugh

Enthusiast
Contest Questions:

Yes..I can control volume but through a infrared remote through a window. Cheesy I know

2 Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
1Sound quality

YES

Big fan of outdoor sound:
Garage/Driveway
Patio/Deck
Barn/work shed

Thanks

Mike

W

wheeble

Audiophyte
soundbar contest

Yes, they are connected to a receiver second zone, and use an RF remote.

1. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
2. Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
3. Hidden into decor or landscape

yes, 4 outlets

under the eave

Thanks.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Thoughts on Outdoor Speakers

1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? No, because I don’t have a need for speakers outside and besides they are too much of a hassle to set up beyond your typical portable boom box (though the thought of outdoor speakers seems appealing, if I were to entertain more outside).

• Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
• Sound quality
• Portability

3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio? No, but I wish I did for a variety of practical applications.

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? I would want them around the desk area, probably with the portable flexibility to withdraw them when they are no longer needed outdoors.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic

No. I think it is high maintenance

2) Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers

Sound quality
Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house

Yes

In the garden, next to the orange tree

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at home?
No ,but plan to as soon as funds are available
2)Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers (1 being the most important)
1. Sound quality
2. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your home
3. Hidden into decor or landscape
Yes
4) Where do you have/or would you want outdoor speakers?(e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.)
I want outdoor speakers in my garden ( rock speakers ) are what I`m thinking would look/work best

W

Wheatenterrier

Junior Audioholic
No, I don't have outdoor speakers. We don't hang out there much, and it doesn't seem like a friendly environment for speakers.

• Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house1
  • Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house4
  • Sound quality 2
  • Loudness 3
  • Battery powered 7
  • Portability6
  • Hidden into decor or landscape

Yes

Under the gazebo that we use for shade.

W

wyllisx1

Junior Audioholic
1) no
2) sound quality. loudness. ability to hide
3)yes
4)patio

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Yes I have outdoor speakers wired to a VC and amplifier. Can control volume w/ VC close to speakers and source with RF remote.

2. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
1. Sound quality
3. Loudness

Yes

Yes, I want outdoor speakers for entertaining, etc.

Q

q2bon2b

Enthusiast

No. No outdoor wiring.

3. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
1. Sound quality

Yes

Deck, patio, around pool

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? NoIf yes, how do you get music to them? Can you control the volume and source while outside? NAIf no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.) Not necessary2) Please choose and rank the top 3 most important features to have for outdoor speakers (1 being the most important)
Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house 2Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
Sound quality 1Loudness
Battery powered
Portability
Hidden into decor or landscape 33) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio? Yes

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? (e.g., deck, under an eave, in the garden, around pool, other, etc.) 2 ea. Patios

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
1. No, I don't spend time outside listening to music.
2a. Ability to adjust volume without going inside.
2b. Ability to change audio track without going inside.
2c. Sound quality.
3. Yes.
4. At the corners/edges of the backyard, so the sound is enveloping.

gregt16g

gregt16g

Audioholic Intern
No
If no, why not? Just moved into new house, haven't had time to install.

1. Sound quality
2. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3. Not on the list...color / ability to paint

Yes

Mounted under the eave

J

jgeorg5

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:
* No, I live in a condo and we do not use our patio that often.

1 Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
2 Ability to change audio track or source without going inside your house
3 Loudness

3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio? Yes I do.

4) Where do you have /or would you want outdoor speakers? I would like outdoor speakers on my patio and on the front of my garage, overlooking my driveway.

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
1) Do you have outdoor speakers at your home? - No.
If no, why not? (e.g., not necessary, can't make it work, etc.) Never felt the need. I haul a boombox out when I want music outdoors.

1. Ability to adjust volume without going inside your house
3. Sound quality
Loudness
Battery powered
Portability
Hidden into decor or landscape
3) Do you have a power outlet on your deck or patio? - Yes

On a large covered porch and on the pool deck.

B

big_k

Enthusiast
1. No I do not because the apartment home I currently reside in, it is not practical.
2. Sound Quality,
Ability to change track without going inside
Loudness
3. Do I do not have a power outlet
4. When I move in June I would like to have outdoor speakers near the pool and jacuzzi.

N

Nathan_R

Audiophyte
--No I do not because I haven't found an eye- (or "ear-") catching system yet.

--1. Sound quality
--2. Ability to change audio track or souce without going inside
--3. Ability to adjust the volume without going inside

--Yes

--On the main deck or mounted in the eaves under the second-story deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis