Enter to Win - Aperion Home Audio Link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to win one (1) Home Audio Link to one (1) eligible forum member! At $149 retail, this is a great opportunity to stream music wirelessly. More information about the Aperion Home Audio Link below. This product will be released later in the month and isn't even on the Aperion Audio website yet.

Note - the image shows only the sending unit. Both the sending and receiving unit will be included with the prize package.

Aperion Home Audio Link™
Wirelessly Set Your Music Free

Aperion Audio is launching the new Aperion Home Audio Link™ (HAL) in December which allows you to listen to music wirelessly from a computer, iPod or any portable device on your home theater speaker system. Aperion’s Home Audio Link™ transmits uncompressed digital audio wirelessly from any source and offers multi-room listening. The Aperion HAL system is priced at $149.

Key Features:

• Send music from your computer, MP3 player, or other audio source to any audio-video receiver or audio system
  • Connect your powered subwoofer or powered speakers wirelessly
  • Send music throughout your house, or even outside
  • No software needed, just plug and play
  • FREE SHIPPING
  • FREE lifetime technical support
  • One year warranty
  • Package Includes: HAL Send unit and HAL Receive unit, 2 USB power adapters, 2 stereo mini to RCA cables, one stereo mini cable, and two pairs of adhesive Velcro strips.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
Do you like your speakers fully clothed or naked? Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? Why? What would make you switch to the opposite?

Note this contest ends on December 31st, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I like my speakers nekkid, but I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old, thus the grills stay on. I'll go back to the full monty once the boys move out or show enough intelligence to recognize the certain death I will impend on them if they touch the drivers/cones/dust caps.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
Right now I keep the speakers clothed, because my 2 year old daughter loves to swing her toy hammer around, whacking objects with impunity, including speakers and kneecaps. The hammer makes this blasted *boing* noise like it's terribly happy to meet you and your kneecap.

I prefer my computer speakers with no grills because they're on a desk, safely away from the happy hammer.

I would switch to grill-less speakers if I wallmounted everything, or once someday, God, wife, and finances willing, I have a dedicated HT room. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have to go grills on. My tweeters and mids are both softdome and I'm paranoid about them getting dented. I also have a 6 year old that likes to dance around alot. Once the kid is big enough I would consider it although I'm sure the wife would have something to say. (She always does:rolleyes:)

J

jamie2112

Banned
I don't like grills they get in the way of my hearing:D

on another note I wanna win once,but I want speakers is this not the right thread?:eek:;)

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Depends entirely on the speaker (and my mood) usually grills on for appearances and safety.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Contest Questions:
Do you like your speakers fully clothed or naked? Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? Why? What would make you switch to the opposite?[/I]
I kind of like both. I have the grills on as it minimizes what I call eye hooks in an already busy room but to show them off or take pic's (yes, I have photographed them) I remove the grills. The question may as well be whether I prefer leather or lace. Adam looks good in both! :D

You guys may as well pick me again seeing as how you have my address already. :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I like my speakers with the grille off, but since I have a dog I choose to leave them on as his toys get tossed around quite often. But since I have def techs I don't really have grilles, I have "socks" and they stay on since it would be difficult to remove them and it wouldn't look right. Not sure there is anything that could be done to make me want to change.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Do you like your speakers fully clothed or naked?

Clothed
Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off?
On
Why?
Looks better and that is important when it is in a common area AND it stops "probing fingers"
What would make you switch to the opposite?
Only for critical listening but that's not as much fun...

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
For as long as I remember, I prefer my speakers natural. I can't help but love the look of tweeters and woofers in all styles, shapes, and colors. They are really what drew me into high end audio to begin with. Nope not the sound...the look. Very few companies have had some sexy looking grills (for example, AV123's X-SLS Encores with the metal grills are awesome). Maybe I just don't like the speaker cloth look?

P

pthoresen

Audioholic Intern
speakers with the covers. Always have, always will.

2 cats and one dog, not to mention a child
and i cannot imagine speakers without the grills.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:

Clothed

Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? On

Why? The baffle and the drivers are both completely black...I don't think my speakers sound any different...and I'm lazy.

What would make you switch to the opposite? they would have to sound better and look better with the grills off.

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
oh naked times!

I prefer mine naked as well, but like a few others here, I have a child and a couple cats, so my grilles are on. I'd be willing to switch if I had a dedicated room with a lock/secret-entrance/batcave situation that would keep the speakers safe and out of reach, but my scheme to hit lotto hasn't worked out just yet

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Do you like your speakers fully clothed or naked? Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? Why? What would make you switch to the opposite?
Aesthetic preference: I like them on. Call me old fashioned, but that's what speakers look like.

Plus, black grills hide the speakers in a darkened theater.

If someone came up with tons of empirical evidence that grills just completely destroy the sound of any speaker, then I might consider changing. (Short answer: it ain't gonna happen.)

Jim

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic

1) I like all of them naked (the speakers included) :p
2) I use my speakers with the grills off most of the times just to not get dust on the drivers and to protect them (from kids) but they look much better without the grills
3) If there were no kids around my speakers I'd use them without grills. I don't like fully clothed speakers like Definitive Technology (though they are great speakers).

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'd rather them naked. Though I feel they're safer with the grills on; especially when we have guests with kids.

Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? On
Why? Paradigm says they're made to be use with the grills on.

If there was no chance of damage, and that they looked and performed better.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Depends on my mood/company whether I prefer naked or clothed. Usually clothing optional. Off for my music system. Eye candy is good!

HT setup always clothed. The point is to watch the movie, not be distracted by the beautiful array of drivers.

I'd switch to grills off if there was a sonic benifit.

T

TVJon

Audioholic
Contest Questions:

>>Fully clothed.

Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? Why?

>>Grills on.

Why?

>>I don't need to see audio technology to appreciate it. My ears are the judge.

>>If switching to naked speakers made a big difference to my ears or if the lights in the room never came on.

TVJon

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I prefer my speakers with the grills on. To get me to switch, you'd either need to pry the grills from my cold dead hands or send me some speakers that look really nice with the grills off (just put my address on the shipping label instead of Alex's :D).

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I like my speakers fully clothed. I view it as component protection.
These three things also factor in:
1) My 2 year old and her fingers. She's been very respectful...so far.
2) W.A.F.
3) How it fit in with the decor.

I'm not entirely sure what would get me to change. The clean look of black box really fits my current decor.

-pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis