Enter to Win - Aperion Home Audio Link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Our speakers are clothed at all times. Appearance DOES matter. :)

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I usually keep my speakers naked but it's getting cold here so I might throw them a bone.

I don't use the grills because my L/R speakers didn't come with them and I like my surrounds to match. I would probably use the grills if I had kids. I might use grills on towers if they blend well with the cabinet finish but I'm not a big fan of them on bookshelves.

G

godan

Audioholic Intern
i like them clothed, just looks a lot better to me and provides some protection (well, not much really)

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I have my speakers shamelessly bare.

I might put the grills on if someone shady comes over to my house that would likely want to steal them from me. Like maybe that monkey I have seen hanging around here sometimes...yes you know who you are.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like my speakers naked. Right now they're naked in my setup because they didn't come with grills. I would use them with grills if I used them near untrustworthy people who feel compelled to poke in the dust caps (of course I would also need to make grills for my speakers).

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
I leave my Jubal's naked in the music room.
In the home theater the speakers stayed clothed so they don't draw to much attention.

H

hoskim

Audiophyte
I keep my speakers clothed. Having them naked makes me a nervous wreck! You never know when something could fly in there and damage them. Curious fingers are also a problem. I'd take them off if you could generate a forcefield around it to keep anything from getting near them, though :). They are prettier that way.

M

Mike274

Enthusiast
Grills on at this point. I currently have a stock system. Wall mounted Def Tech Mythos 2's with a Mythos 3 center. I also have curtain climbers in the house.

I would go grills off if I had a hot rod - floor standing speakers in a true H/T setting.

It's kind of like a hot rod. Nobody takes the hood off of a stocker to show the engine, or Santa Clause wearing a muscle shirt. My current speakers are a v-6. Still waiting to hit the lotto to switch over to the v-8's.

N

Neatweak

Audioholic Intern
my speakers are naked, I feel that it is a free way to bring the most out of my speakers.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
If I had Mythos speakers, I would use them nekkid. Since I have the Supertower speakers, they are ugly nekkid.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:
Do you like your speakers fully clothed or naked? Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? Why? What would make you switch to the opposite?

I like my speakers like I like my women. Naked. The grills stay off. Firstly, they look better that way, and B) they sound better.
The only thing that gets me to put the grills on is when I know we are having company that includes small children. There is something about small round things that kids love to poke at. With the grills on, they seem to ignore the speakers altogether. When my baby girl starts to walk, I'll be making the switch.

Where do I pick up my gift?

Attachments

O

Ohmen

Audioholic
Do you like your speakers fully clothed or naked? Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? Why? What would make you switch to the opposite?

I like the look of the "naked" speaker. I use my speakers with the grills on . The reason is to protect them from dog slobber! I have a couple large dogs and every once in a while they shake there head and slobber goes flying HaHa. If my speakers weren't in a location where my dogs are nearby I would take the covers off.

P

project86

Audioholic

In my dedicated theater, I have grills on (Triad in-walls) so as not to distract from the theater appearance. In my living room I have no grills because I like the look, and because my kids can't really reach the tweeter yet.

I would switch if I had a lower speaker where my kids could reach, or if my speakers were more attractive with the grills on. For example I think the old AV123 X-LS speakers with the snowman grills look great. Later versions with the boring grills look better without.

M

menardsguy

Audiophyte
I like the grills off but like most people I am afraid of damage from kids and/or animals so the grills stay on.

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Leavin' the grills on 'cause that's what my manual says...

Would change if they said it doesn't matter...maybe

:cool:

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
I leave the grills on to keep light from reflecting off the aluminum coloured driver cones and drawing my attention away from the screens. I would leave them off if the drivers wear all black and non-reflective.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Speakers Grills: On or Off?

Do you like your speakers fully clothed or naked? I like my speakers fully clothed.

Do you use your home theater speakers with the grills on or off? I own bipolar Definitive Technology speakers, all of which come fully clothed in their own black “sock” (without any optional grills).

Why? I prefer to keep the socks on because they blend in perfectly with the speakers’ black coloring; they protect the drivers from small fingers and dust; and they are acoustically transparent.

What would make you switch to the opposite? If the three reasons above didn’t hold true, I would consider removing the socks.

M

msubobcats

Audiophyte
Depends upon the speakers.....

My old Marantz look GREAT fully unclothed. But the speakers with my setup need the covers to be left on.....:D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I like having the grills on.

Mostly because I like the looks of it and think that the speaker should have been designed with the grills as part of the package.

Now, I find with kids that the grills offer a small amount of protection which is greatly needed with two boys running around.

As for taking the grills off? I just can't imagine doing that unless I was actually burying the speakers behind a false wall, in which case you wouldn't see them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis