Enter to Win: $500 of cables from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beeman

Audiophyte
Got a NAD T743. Very smooth and much better than the SONY POS I had previously.

Wish I would have gotten the Toshiba 54" HDTV also...next year!

sdy284

sdy284

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
The Impact AcousticsTeam would really like to make your holiday addition to your A/V rig play with all the performance possible. To that end, we'd like to hook up your new components with Impact Acoustics cables. One random winner will be selected from folks discussing the topic described below, and that lucky Audioholic will win up to $500 of Impact Acoustics products to help them install their new gear. No limitations, no exceptions, no excuses. You pick what you need, we'll send it to you. Up to a $500 MSRP value!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in this contest thread.

Contest Question: What audio/video or home theater products did you get for Christmas? What products did you really want, that Santa didn't bring?

Note this contest ends on January 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
well i guess an 4gb, black ipod nano, & I wanted a pair of the behringer a500's, but alas, santa didn't bring those :(

Last edited by a moderator:

nyf

Enthusiast
Santa left me a few DVDs. Sure would have been nice if he had left me a new SVS sub or a 720p projector, but what can you do.

G

G-force

Enthusiast
I would have liked all kinds of things, namely a Harman Kardon AVR-635 receiver, plasma TV, some tower speakers.

What I got was the joy of giving to others and a Prince of Persia video game.;)

K

kruzmisl

Audiophyte
What I receivered for Christmas

A Yamaha 2600 receiver. Waiting for the room to be finished so I can install my plasma and the receiver.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I got some good music. That's always appreciated. But I could've used a new TV...another, bigger subwoofer...*sigh*...

Hanse18

Hanse18

Audioholic
Santa was pretty good to me. He allowed me to redo my entire home theater (actually, more like actually build a REAL home theater). He supplied me with the funds to buy: Yamaha RX-V1600 receiver, phase tech v-12 fronts, center, and surrounds. SVS pci 20-39. JVC 1080p 70" rear projection hd-ila tv. And a new htpc.

The only thing i still wanted would have been seperates, so i have more head room, and another sub, and maybe the pc+ instead of pci series.

kia303

kia303

Junior Audioholic
Only AV stuff I received was a couple of DVD's, already spent a ton on the Ht remodel this past year.

M

mightywimp

Audiophyte
Smoking sub

Got a B&W ASW600 sub for the holidays. Love It ! Great for music. Good impact in my mid size room for movies. Can't turn it up past the eight o'clock position or it's too loud. I find that using a Y-splitter on this sub tightens it up more.

Did not get a HDTV this year. Maybe next.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I picked up an SVS PB10-ISD subwoofer to replace 2 year old dual KLH ASW120 subs. I was a victim of "bass is bass" syndrome". I never knew what I was missing.

As far as what product I really wanted and didn't get yet:

Yamaha Rx-V2500 Receiver

Contest Question: What audio/video or home theater products did you get for Christmas? What products did you really want, that Santa didn't bring?

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
I bought myself a new Supercube Reference for Christmas.
What santa didn't get me was a new amp (and associated cabling ;) )

F

Funkymonkey22

Audiophyte
Santa Rocks

My new wife disguised as santa got me a Panny 50" plasma! Yeah, she's a keeper. The picture is amazing but the sound inspired me to finally beef up my audio. Trying to stay close to little over a 2K audio budget, I did a little after x-mas gifting for myself this week and picked up:

Denon AVR 3805 ($809 crutchfield)
Axiom m22i pair ($440)
Monster HTS 3500 powercenter ($125 after rebate)
Impact Acoustics (Soundwave series $180 - about 10 cables/wires)
Infinity Primus 150 Bookshelf pair ($161 - these are for the bedroom to use with my old swap-out pioneer VSX-D602S receiver)

I'm not done yet, on my wish list is:

Outlaw LFM-1 subwoofer ($644 shipped)
Denon DM S305 calibration mic (about $45 shipped - ebay)

Once I play with the above and save some more $$$, I'll want to add (in order of preference):

Axiom VP100 or VP150 center ($240/385)
Denon 2910 DVD/CD player (should be able to find around $600)
Axiom QS4 surrounds ($400 or maybe I'll upgrade the fronts to the M60ti's and throw the 22's in the back though I'm inclined to go Quadpolar)

Until I can get a new DVD/CD player, I'll keep my Pioneer PD-TM3 (18 disc) CD player and the Sony DVP-NS325. Though the Denon 2910 should be a big improvment!

I have lot's to look forward to, I can't wait for things to start showing up!!!!

king_rebar

king_rebar

Audiophyte
Since I just did most upgrades I didn't get anything except some movies. I do still want a nice music server so if you see the fat man in the funny red suit...

L

larryatl

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
The Impact AcousticsTeam would really like to make your holiday addition to your A/V rig play with all the performance possible. To that end, we'd like to hook up your new components with Impact Acoustics cables. One random winner will be selected from folks discussing the topic described below, and that lucky Audioholic will win up to $500 of Impact Acoustics products to help them install their new gear. No limitations, no exceptions, no excuses. You pick what you need, we'll send it to you. Up to a $500 MSRP value!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in this contest thread.

Note this contest ends on January 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
I go a Paradigm PS 1000 subwoofer
Santa didn't bring me my Anthem avm 30 processor for my Anthem Statement A5 power amplifier for my Paradigm Signature S8 speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dmac

Audiophyte
I just picked up a pair of Polk Monitor 60 front speakers and a matching center to go along with my NHT 1.3's in the rear. Now I need a quality sub woofer to complete the set up!

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Unfortunately none at all. I am still looking for that big screen HDTV though!

R

royal crown

Audiophyte
Santa got me a pair of Sony tower speakers and cash :D Santa, next time go for all 5 speakers.

T

treetownal

Audioholic Intern
An Outlaw 990/7125 combo. I really want a panny 50" plasma.

B

beyondesign

Enthusiast
'Ol St. Nick hooked me up with Star Wars ep IV-VI (widescreen, natch) and GT4. Honestly, I got everything I wanted and more (spent quality time with my wife and parents). Though I wouldn't have minded the Onkyo TX-SR803 I just bought myself for being such a good boy :D

I know Santa was thinking of me when I pulled out the credit card. Thanks, big guy!

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
What i Got: Sinclair Audio Brighton SB2600T's, Kenwood VR-9050-s, Polk audio R15's, Polk CSi25, DCT2000 Digi Cable Set Top Box, a few dvds, clothes, the usual.

What i didnt get: Outlaw 990, Outlaw 7125, Sinclair Audio Brighton SB160s, Sinclair Audio Brighton SB250c, SVS PB10-ISD, Optoma H27 (Seems even santa cant find them :p)

Anything that santa didnt bring will be bought within 2 months though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis