Enter to Win: 50% off DVIGear Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiggers

Enthusiast
1) Do you own or have need for an HDMI switcher?
I do not own, but see a need within a year or less

2) If you were on the market for an HDMI switcher, assuming it had the correct number of inputs and was in your price range, how would each of the following features sway your purchase?

1. Front Panel Control only (can control the switcher only from the front of the unit)
Only if I was looking for most inexpensive to use with components that are not used that often, they YES
2. IR Remote Control (need line-of-sight to control the switcher with a IR remote)
Yes, most likely purchase. Would need to use universal codes so it could be integrated into a universal remote
3. IR Remote Receiver (similar to above but allows the switcher to be hidden out of view)
Not as important to me for my setup
4. RS-232 Control (allows integration into a home automation system)
Next best thing to having a remote compatible with a universal remote.
5. Other (please provide other options that would be of interest to you)
Would it be possible to make it auto detect? A switch in the back could be used to determine the order in which the HDMI switches took precedent.

fucema

fucema

Audiophyte
Contest Entry

No, not presently.

2) If you were on the market for an HDMI switcher, assuming it had the correct number of inputs and was in your price range, how would each of the following features sway your purchase?

Sorted the options in order of preference (greatest to least):
3. IR Remote Receiver (similar to above but allows the switcher to be hidden out of view)
2. IR Remote Control (need line-of-sight to control the switcher with a IR remote)
1. Front Panel Control only (can control the switcher only from the front of the unit)
RF switching option?

N

ned

Full Audioholic
1) Do you own or have need for an HDMI switcher? Yes

No.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
RF, balun option.

K

kazuba

Audiophyte
1) Do you own or have need for an HDMI switcher? Yes

1. Front Panel Control only (can control the switcher only from the front of the unit) No
2. IR Remote Control (need line-of-sight to control the switcher with a IR remote) No
3. IR Remote Receiver (similar to above but allows the switcher to be hidden out of view) Yes
4. RS-232 Control (allows integration into a home automation system) No
5. Other (please provide other options that would be of interest to you) I would like a switcher that would accept S-Video, component, and a few HDMI inputs, and 1 or 2 HDMI outputs.

S

Shortsord

Audioholic Intern

Front Panel Control only (can control the switcher only from the front of the unit)
IR Remote Control (need line-of-sight to control the switcher with a IR remote)
IR Remote Receiver (similar to above but allows the switcher to be hidden out of view)
RS-232 Control (allows integration into a home automation system)
Other (please provide other options that would be of interest to you)

1. I do not own a switcher, but I do need one. I've been satisfied for now switching the cables manually, as I only use one occasionally, but true laziness is setting in.
2. Front panel control only would bother me, but not deter me from purchase if the price is right.
IR remote would be fantastic, I'd be satisfied.
IR receiver would be neat, but I'd have no use for it, so neutral.
RS-232, unfamiliar with it so can't really say.

If it switches easily with no degradation at a reasonable price, that's all I'd need.

P

parkerj

Audiophyte

Don't own, but could use.

Front Panel Control only (can control the switcher only from the front of the unit)
IR Remote Control (need line-of-sight to control the switcher with a IR remote)
IR Remote Receiver (similar to above but allows the switcher to be hidden out of view)
RS-232 Control (allows integration into a home automation system)
Other (please provide other options that would be of interest to you)

Primary of these would be RS-232 first (or USB), IR control second.
Actually before both of these, autosensing signal would be very useful.

Another item would be the ability to combine digital audio input with an HDMI input to create the full HDMI out to the display (since it will be a while before most of us have full audio HDMI on our receivers. :cool:

R

Ryo_Ohki2

Audiophyte
No

Low
Good
Great
Great
RF controller instead of IR Remote..

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
1) Do you own or have need for an HDMI switcher? yes

I would prefer RS-232 so you could use the main system to contrl the switcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis