Enter to Win: $250 in Cables from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
Response

Contest Question: Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

I have played the piano, timpani, guitar, and recorder casually. My main instrument that I play is the oboe, which I have played for over 5 years. The oboe is unique because you can feel the history in the sound, the way that the tone is produced. I work a lot with programs like GarageBand and Logic, and I have bought a nice omnidirectional mic to hook up to my iMac for recording. I may step up to pro audio cables in the future, especially some MIDI cables for some keyboard action. I wouldn't mind winning some.. ;)

WorldLeader

nyf

Enthusiast
I've played saxophone and piano, and I still play the piano. I haven't purchased any pro audio cables recently. I'm interested in the idea of balanced cables, but probably won't be affording that kind of setup any time soon.

ForMiseri

ForMiseri

Audioholic Intern
Trumpet

Played the trumpet for many years until a bike accident (landed on my face):eek: kinda ruined my good looks:rolleyes: busted my teeth out and pretty much ruined the ole' lip! Haven't been able to play right since:( :( As for cables, work for Wally World now. $$$:eek:

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Contest Question: Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?
Yes, electric Bass and very little fortepiano. I am currently in a band. I've bought lots of cables, and still need more.

R

Roninblues

Audiophyte
Contest

Yes/Little/Piano & Guitar/Yes

M

MUCHO

Audioholic Intern
I played the Trombone for 6 years before quitting forever.

I've looked at higher end cables and if I had more of a budget I would probably buy them.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I've played both Clarinet, and keyboards. I haven't been active with it for about 5 years. My toddler is interested in the keyboard, but gets scared when it makes noise. So, I realize I have a way to go with him.

I've considered picking up a decent mic, and mic cables.

Matt34

Matt34

Piano for about 7 years but haven't touched one in 17 years.

No need for pro audio cables of any kind.

Mr MoUnTaInMaN

Mr MoUnTaInMaN

Audiophyte
Sorry NO
I never learned how to play but I love High quailty cables:D

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
I do not and have never played an instrument. I have always been interested in learning to play the piano.

C

clayman88

Junior Audioholic
At one point in elementary school I started to play the trombone. However, that ended quickly because my music teacher expected us to teach ourselves at home and then come to class and perform. So, needless to say I don't play anymore.

I am very interested in purchasing some audio/video cables sometime before the end of the year. I'm waiting patiently to put together a new home theater system sometime soon.:)

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
I used to play the piano and saxaphone. I play neither now. I don't plan on purchasing pro audio cables anytime soon but $250.00 could change that.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Tom Andry said:

Note this contest ends on June 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
Yes, i have ever played a musical instrument. I do still play for fun. It is an accoustic guitar. I don't plan to buy any pro audio cables anytime soon.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
TheLaw

TheLaw

Junior Audioholic
Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

I have been playing guitar (acoustic, electric, 12 string, etc.) for about 8 years. I have never considered buying pro audio cables. I don't play big enough shows to warrant them.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q. Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

A. Yes, trumpet. Don't play anymore, just listen to the real musicians. Haven't yet purchased quality cables, hope to soon.

SackoHammers

SackoHammers

Audioholic Intern
As a kid back in school I played things in band such as trumpet, melophone, french horn, etc. As an adult I play guitar. I do have a need for better cables. Nothing frustrates me more than an amp cable getting static-y, loose, or developing an intermitant short.
I could also use a few more patch cables for pedals... they seem to walk off sometimes.
Also looking at your interconnects for my receiver. Interesting.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Tom Andry said:
1) Yes. The flute, drums, & guitar.
2) Not often enough, but yeah.
3) The guitar.
4) No, I'm not good enough.

J

Johnmalo

Enthusiast
$250 in discount would be very nice

I play an electric Fender stratocaster I plug into my CPU and learn riffs from various artists. I will be buying cables for a project real soon!

R

rushwj

Audioholic
No. I have tried to learn the piano, but it was a miserable failure. so now i just enjoy the music that other people play.
I am planning on purchasing some new interconnects for new separates.
-William Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis