Enter to Win: $250 in Cables from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martiad3

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
The Impact Acoustics Team is launching a new product line (Stage and Studio Audio Cables) and they want to know how many of you Audioholics are interested in these types of products. One lucky random winner will be selected from folks discussing the topic described below, and that lucky Audioholic will win up to $250 of Impact Acoustics products. You pick what you want, we'll send it to you. Up to a $250 MSRP value!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in one simple response in this contest thread.

Contest Question: Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

Note this contest ends on June 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
I used to play the clarinet/bass clarinet, but nothing electric.

I no longer play any instrument, but have been thinking of learning the guitar.

While I have not thought of purchasing any cables for myself, I have been thinking of presents for my brother who is a very good guitar player.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
Yes, Occasionally.

Synth, guitars, several mics for singing and instrument miking.

I have pretty much everything I need, but replacing some low quality cables and getting some good digital cables wouldn't hurt!

D

dekiel

Audiophyte
Musical

I played an electric key machine when I was very young and still remember some but lately I have spent some time with my strat.

M

mctwist

Audiophyte
Yes, played the alto saxaphone for many years. Only have a harmonica now. Looking to buy HDMI, component, and subwoofer cables soon! :)

Z

zedthewizard

Audiophyte
yes is i play guitar and i am in the market for cables

yes is i play guitar and i am in the market for cables. I own a del am stratocaster, a vintage mahogany studio gibson, a custom wv75b washbun v, a lakland base, and an ibanez. i'm also interested in purchasing another guitar this year.

i am interested in cables mostly for home use, but i do like professional quality. this includes instrument cables as well as cables for amp head; these include xlr cables for recording to a computer or a stand alone that can burn. i'm unsure how i will record as of yet.

B

BBF

Enthusiast
Yes, played the Piano and Violin

Yes, not very often on a Piano weighted hammer action Studiologic SL-880 (FATAR) Midi Controller connected to my PC.

No, none of the cables that were mentioned. The last "pro" audio cable I bought was a 20' MIDI cable from Guitar Center about a year ago.

J

jagercola

Audioholic Intern
I've played the banjo, but I'm left handed and couldn't stand going further on a right handed banjo.

I'm looking for some 7.0 rca interconnects from my pre/pro to amplifier, then some RCA interconnects from the new hi def disc players.

C

conchyjoe

Enthusiast
Played drums as a teenager...that was decades ago!

No plans to buy cables, but could use some...

B

beaninno

Audiophyte
Contest Question: Have you ever played a musical instrument? Do you play now? If so, what instrument? Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?

No, I've never played an instrument.

Which means my remaining answers are also no

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Well I played the cello from kindergarten through 6th grade and was consistently dwarfed by it...regardless of the size of cello I was playing...it was always too damn large and unwieldy for a scrawny elementary school kid like me. I always wondered why my parents didn't suggest the kazoo...

In 7th and 8th grade, I dug deep into my jazz roots and picked up the clarinet and the saxophone...

After that, I opted for the drums, which I played for about 10 years...in and out of a few bands and a few recordings...but nothing to write home about.

Since then...I've been tapping my fingers and my toes on every surface I can find. I'm my students' dream-come-true teacher because I don't regularly chide them for tapping on the tables or chairs, because I'm always doing it myself...:)

I haven't used a pro cable in years, and I don't see myself using one anytime soon, unless that fingertappin' toe-rappin' band idea of mine finally takes off! :D

J.

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
Have you ever played a musical instrument?
yep

Do you play now?
yep

If so, what instrument?
guitar, mandolin, harmonica

Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?
nope.

D

dkordonowy

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:
I have played a musical instrument but I do not play anymore. I am in the market for XLR and RCA cables for my music reproduction, but not for the initial production.

B

bshplt

Enthusiast
Yup

Do you play now?
yup, I do

If so, what instrument?
Guitar, piano

Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)?
I have not purchased any pro audio cables, but I just might in the future!

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Yes - guitar and trumpet

Do you play now?
no

No

ace2352

ace2352

Audiophyte
Have you ever played a musical instrument? No.

Do you play now? No.

If so, what instrument? n/a

Have you recently purchased or are you considering the purchase of pro audio cables (XLR, TRS, RCA for microphones, amplifiers, recorders, etc.)? I am seriously considering purchasing these cables because of the excellent peer reviews I read all the time on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis