Enter to Win: $150 worth of Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shugs1037

Shugs1037

Audiophyte
B looks cooler but who is going to see them anyway? My equipment is only accesible if you climb behind the rack so it really doesn't matter. This would be more of an issue for me if the cables were exposed. In that case, I would opt for B.

Z

zambro

Audiophyte
I'd have to go with B. They're a little more low profile, and might not show the dust that would probably settle on them over time.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Which connector option do you like better, A or B (see picture below)? Why?
I llike A. You do not see many chrome looking connectors. Also, they look a little more expensive compared to the black connectors.

2Channel4Ever

Audiophyte
A. Easier to see the color labels when bent around trying to plug/unplug from back of rack.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
I really like B much better. The black/grey is very cool looking. Also, it's nice to NOT see them behind the receiver, as you can see all my cables from the seating position, and very clearly from the side. I want them to blend into the dark as best as possible so they don't draw attention when walking into the room.

C

cjschrot

Audioholic Intern
color option

Option B...not looking to be flashy with "behind the scenes" stuff...save the bling for what people see (if you like that sort of thing)

Coheednme13

Coheednme13

Audioholic
B All the Way

I would deffinitely choose B. I have a black tv and a black receiver so it would just blend into my color scheme better. Also, black means business therefore people would assume it was made with performance in mind not aesthetics.

B

brianjof

Audioholic Intern
Impact Acoustics

I would prefer A as teh color bands seems easier to see.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
To me, B is more visually appealing. Totally a personnel preference, but silver things come across as being cheaper in my opinion. I agree that the color bands are much easier to see on A than B and I also concede that one wouldn't even see the connectors behind my equipment. Even so, I'd opt for B if given the choice between the two.

J

Jottle

Audioholic Intern
A. Connectors are primarily in the back of all AV products. These look good and have the right contrast to be able to see the various colored stripes on them. There's no point in having a good looking cable if you can't also quickly identify which accessory it belongs to.

C

CooLJ92

Audioholic Intern
I like "B". Reason is that it would blend very well with my AV receiver and you cannot go wrong with black.

jj:cool:

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I would lean towards the "A" offering as the regular chrome makes the RGB banding easier to identify. Just last night I had my head wedged up in the cabinet to find the placement of some cables on my 8300HD box; remembering that I would prefer the easiest to identify!

The black chrome version is bad-assss though.

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
$150 worth of Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

A; would be my choice.
The silver would make the color bands easier to see in low light behind my gear.

R

rynberg

Audioholic Intern
I prefer A, as it looks more expensive and is easier to see the color markings.

M

mdarlon

Audiophyte
When one is bent over or crouched behind a cabinet with a small mag-light between your teeth, it would be easier to determine which connector goes where with the "A" cable. Behind a cabinet, ease of use it more important. In front of the cabinet in the open, I would choose "B".

D

Dragon99

Enthusiast
B
I prefer the look of the black anodized connector. Silver is a bit easier to see the colors, but I should only need to look at the colors once while the connector will always be visible.

S

star2sound

Enthusiast
Option B because they compliment the color of the cables.

J

JerryL

Audiophyte
My current cables are pretty much hidden so looks are not as important to me as performance. However, if I had to choose, I would choose B, they are less shiney. :)

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'd have to go with B as well. They look nice, less flashy. I'm assuming the connectors are identical otherwise.

Jim

OttoMatic

OttoMatic

Senior Audioholic
I like B just for its black color. I do agree that the color bands are easier to read on the A, but I'll take the black anyway.

Thanks for the promo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis