Enter to Win: $150 worth of HDMI product from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Contest Questions: What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?

Sanyo PLV-Z5 comnnected to the DVI output of my Denon DVD-5900.
No problems.
Never compared them critically but casual observation showed no difference between component and hdmi.

O

ohio

Junior Audioholic
1.What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? None, currently... TV has HDMI but nothing else does.

2. Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? N/A

3.What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI? N/A

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
As of now, I have no components connected together with HDMI. I know its sad but I hope to change it after I win! ;)

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
At the moment, I have a Sat receiver and a DVD player hooked up via HDMI

The Sat receiver is a Directv unit and goes to a Pioneer PDP-5016 plasma. The cable is 6' long.
The DVD player is an OPPO DV-981HD hooked up to an Optoma HD72. The cable is 25' long and came with the Oppo.

The only problems I have had is with the Oppo. Occasionally the picture is dark when first turned on. If I turn it off and then back on, it comes back normal. Not sure if the problem is the Oppo, the cable or the pj.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number?

Right now, Only have 2 HDMI devices, Cable Box and HDTV, that are connected. I am planning on adding new receiver and hd dvd or blu-ray in near future.

samsung hl-r5067w
scientific atlantic 8300

What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?

I was having HDCP problems between the two devices, but that turned out to be a bad digital board in the TV. Once that was replaced by samsung, everything was fine

M

mdarlon

Audiophyte
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?

One HDMI - DVI connection from the Atlantic Technology cable box to my Samsung HL-S6188.

The other from an OPPO DV 980H to the Samsung HL-S6188 (audio is toslink from the OPPO to the Denon 3200 receiver.

No performance problems. Connection/setup was simple. However I believe that the HDMI connector is under engineered. The connector is small and given the usual height the connector is from the ground and the size and weight of the cable, there is a fair amount of torque at the connection site. Conversely, the DVI connector is a good size with the side screws to hold it firmly in place.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Contest Questions: What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?

I have none to date, so I have no problems (and hope I don't). But I'm trying to acquire a new TV and DVD player that will accept it.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q1. What components in your system are connected together with HDMI?
A1. none yet.

Q2. Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number?
A2. none yet.

Q3. What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?
A3. none yet.

C

Chris_H

Enthusiast
I have a 42" Samsung Plasma with DVD player and HD DVR connected via HDMI
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=plasmatv&model_cd=HPT4264X/XAA

Sony DVP-NS77H 1080p upscaling DVD player
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665179497

Scientific Atlantic Explorer 8300
http://www.sciatl.com/products/consumers/new_explorer8300HD.htm

Considering a new Receiver with HDMI switching/pass through, but not sure yet.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
At the moment, I don't have any components hooked up with HDMI because none of my equipment has HMDI. So, no manufacturer or model number, and no problems.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Contest Questions: What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? None yet.

Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? N/A

What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI? N/A

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI?
Samsung HDTV tuner connected to a Denon receiver connected to a Sony (HDready) TV.
Philips upconverting DVD player plugged directly into a Philips HDTV via HDMI

Who is the manufacturer? what is the model number?
Samsung DTBH260F, Denon AVR-3806, Sony KV-30HS420
Philips 42PF5321D/37B plasma TV, Philips DVP5960/37

What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?
The Samsung HDTV tuner when output to the Sony TV via HDMI ends up showing a black & white picture, sometimes in the first minute or two but usually it takes about 30 minutes or more before the picture goes black and white. I think it's the Sony TV with the problem as the samsung box worked fine via HDMI when I hooked it to the Philips plasma. Currently I'm not using the HDMI from the tuner box, component instead.

D

Dragon99

Enthusiast
Currently, none (TV doesn't support HDMI). Just purchased a HDMI capable projector which will connect to my receiver, DVD, and HD-DVR.

Projector: Marantz VP4001
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-6090
DVD: Oppo DV-970HD
DVR: Motorola DCT6412

None expected.

D

drivehard

Audioholic Intern
None of my compnents are hooked together with HDMI.

hv9200

hv9200

Audioholic Intern
Hello

Sony XBR60SXRD
Sony Ps3
Toshiba HDA1
Tivo Series 3
Motorola DCT6412
Yamaha RX-V2700

No issues to date

thanks!

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?

Dish ViP 622 HD DVR and Oppo DV-981HD run into Impact Acoustics 2-port HDMI switcher then out to JVC AV-56WP74 CRT-RPTV. No problems so far. Everything runs/switches fine with my Logitech Harmony 880.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Reciever, HD-DVD Player, Upconverting DVD/DVD-Audio, HTPC

Receiver: Pioneer 72TXV
HD-DVD: Toshiba A2
DVD: Denon 1920
HTPC: Custom Monueal

Cannot pass 1080p with the 72txv so had to run HTPC to the tv and use spdif for audio. Upgrading to new prepro that will upconvert all sources to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis