Enter to Win: $150 worth of HDMI product from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a $150 worth of HDMI product of your choosing to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?

Note this contest ends on September 30th, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
At the moment, I don't have any components hooked up with HDMI because none of my equipment has HMDI. So, no manufacturer or model number, and no problems.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI?
2 DVD players, 1 PS3, 1 Receiver, 1 Projector, 2 40" LCD TV's.

Who is the manufacturer? what is the model number?
Pioneer DV-696, Pioneer DV-600, Sony PS3 60GB, Denon AVR-2307, Panasonic AE1000E, Sony Bravia V series 40" LCD, Samsung 40R71

What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?
there was one problem with the Pioneer DV696 and the Sony LCD TV, sometimes the half the picture would be off the screen (vertically).

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have my SA 3250HD box hooked to my Toshiba 50HP66 plasma tv via a HDMI cable and DVI-HDMI adapter.

And every now and then I turn it all on and the tv wont display a picture. Need to power off and on again and it works. If the box doesnt come on before the tv does it seems to mess things up. yeah, I dont care for HDMI.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?

My playstation 3, my Oppo 981HD are connected via hdmi. It is all run from my denon 3806 to my sharp LCD.

The problems. Occasionally there is a signal drop out with the ps3.

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number?
Denon 2807, Oppo 981, Xbox 360 Elite, Samsung HL-S5687, Direct TV HR20 DVR, Monoprice 5x1 HDMI Switch.

What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?
1. Locally purchased (don’t remember the brand) HDMI switcher would not pass the Xbox 360 signal. Monoprice switcher works great.

2. If HDTV is not powered up before the Xbox it defaults to sending a 480i signal and does not allow changing to any higher than 1080i from the dashboard. Turning the Xbox off and back on returns it to the 1080p setting. Using a delay in the remote avoids this altogether.

3. The HDMI cables work loose easily from the back to the Denon 2807. Doesn’t seem to happen as often with the other components.

4. HTPC had over-scan issues with DVI-HDMI adapter so I switched back to VGA for the computer. Anyway, the DVI-HDMI didn’t look any better than the VGA as far as I could tell.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I have my SA-8300HD connected to my Toshiba 57H83 RPTV via HDMI thru a DVI converter.
The only issue is any movement of the cable, such as rolling the TV out even slightly, results in no picture until the box is restarted.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I have no components connected via HDMI; none of my gear sports an HDMI interface.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Contest Questions: What components in your system are connected together with HDMI? Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number? What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI?
I have no gear connected via HDMI at this point. I am very interested in making the HDMI upgrade due to my PS3 and Blu-ray discs, but my plasma and projector are currently HDMI incompatible. I will upgrade them to HDMI first (1080p) and then I will begin the project of the HDMI upgrade.

First and foremost will be an external HDMI matrix switcher. Aurora Multimedia, with their 6x6 HDMI Matrix is currently leading the way as most likely to get some of my cash.

For cabling.. Rapid Run may be in the picture because I have 3/4" conduit to many locations which is great for about every other cable I could throw at it... except HDMI which requires a minimum 7/8" conduit (idiots!).

I will have to hook up to it: Two HD DVR cable boxes, 1 400 Disc DVD changer, and 1 PS3. I expect to add a stand alone Blu-ray player at some point and the other end will include the Samsung 42" plasma, a Olevia 32" LCD, a Pioneer 60" plasma, and a 1080p projector of some sort which I haven't decided upon.

But, I guess the question is about what I've got hooked up currently, so the answer really is - nothing.

E

enkidu

Audiophyte
Thanks for the contest!

Q1: My DVD player and LCD TV are connected via HDMI.

Q2: DVD player- Oppo DV-981HD; TV- Samsung LNT-4661F

Q3: I encountered no problems connecting the two together; I just hooked them together and it worked.

G

GRIMM

Audiophyte
What components in your system are connected together with HDMI?
Phillips Surround Sound / DVD player combo to the Philips TV.

Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number?
Manufactured by, you guessed it, Philips. NOt sure the model number off the top of my head, got them from best-buy a couple months ago.

What are the problems if any have you experiencing hooking up your gear with HDMI? No problems at all. Very very simple, and cleaner than the old bundle of wires.

E

eilros

Enthusiast
I have a Panasonic 42PX75U, Onkyo TX-SR505S and DISH ViP622 connected via HDMI. I haven't encountered any problems yet.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
Currently, only my PS3 and my TV are hooked up via HDMI:

Playstation 3 60GB with 1.90 Firmware for Blu-Ray/DVD
Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" Plasma TV

I also have a Denon 1910 DVD player, but it is unhooked for now, since the PS3 is a better standard DVD player.

I have been lucky enough to not have any HDMI related problems over the last few years.

2Channel4Ever

Audiophyte
Sources:
Scientific Atlantic 8300 HDDVR via generic Comcast HDMI cable
Oppo 970 via Monoprice DVI to HDMI cable
Toshiba HD-A2 via generic HDMI cable (amazon.com for ~$10)

All feed a Monoprice 3:1 HDMI switch, then 15ft Monoprice HDMI cable to Panasonic AE900-U projector

HDMI for video only, receiver non-HDMI

I have had no problems with this setup. Routinely switch sources via Harmony Remote and always handshakes easily.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic

Currently, I have a Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player connected to a Toshiba HDTV model 30HFX84 via HDMI. I had problems originally due to the firmware on the DVD player, but once this was rev'd, I didn't have any more issues.

-Coz

V

Vart

Audioholic
I have my cable box and Nintendo Wii hooked to my TV with HDMI. Cable box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD and the TV is a Sony KDF60WF655.

No problems that I am aware of.

AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

Junior Audioholic
Westinghouse LVM-47W1
Hughes HR10-250
Onkyo TX-SR605

No problems to report.

R

rushwj

Audioholic

i use an impact acoustics DVI to hdmi wire from cable box to my sony lcd 50in tv. no problems ever noted.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
I connect my Toshiba HD-A2 and Dish ViP622 to my Yamaha RX-V661 with HDMI then run HDMI from the RX-V661 to Panasonic TH-42PX60U. All HDMI cables are $2 cables from eBay.

No issues at all!

G

gnn

Audioholic Intern
Playstation 3 -> AV Receiver Onkyo TX-SR805 -> LCD TV Sanyo 32" DP62347.
Philips HDMI Cable.
No problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis