Enter to Win: $100 worth of product from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Contest Questions: What A/V gear are you planning to purchase this holiday season? Where are you planning on purchasing? Online? Store front? What cables and accessories are you planning to purchase as well?

We're going to buy either online or at a B&M one lovely 1080P 58" (hopefully not a 50"...but there are affordability issues) Panasonic plasma television!!!!! :D We perhaps will require an HDMI cable or two.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
if it all comes out in a reasonable time i'd like to get separates w/ hdmi 1.3 full functionality and a combo BR/HD-DVD player w/ all the works. i'll need another hdmi cable and connectors for my separates.

I

iamnotaparkbenc

Junior Audioholic
I am planning to get a PS3,
an AV receiver (ONKYO TX-SR605),
a pair of ONIX x-ls speakers,
OPPO DV-980H,
a bigger TV/monitor (probably SHARP or VIZIO) than my current 23" (if my financial situation permits).

For the cable, I need a RCA cable, speaker cables, HDMI cables, component cables.

other than the PS3, I probably would get everything online. Even the PS3, if possible, would be bought from online

O

ouchakov

Enthusiast
Buying PS3 for $399?

Sony announced new PS3 for $399. I might buy it for its Blu-ray playing capability. I already have an HD-DVD add-on for Xbox 360.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics survey

What A/V gear are you planning to purchase this holiday season? Where are you planning on purchasing? Online? Store front? What cables and accessories are you planning to purchase as well?

Response: To upgrade a budget DVD player, I'm thinking about purchasing a HD player, perhaps even a combination Blu-ray and HD-DVD one, when more offerings become available and prices come down even more. If I can find a good deal, probably online somewhere, then I might take the plunge. If I do, I will then need to get a quality HDMI cable, which is where Impact Acoustics' SonicWave will come in.

JessyMcK

JessyMcK

Audioholic Intern
What A/V gear are you planning to purchase this holiday season?
Speakers, cables, framing materials

Where are you planning on purchasing? Online? Store front?
Mostly in-store, some stuff on the internet

What cables and accessories are you planning to purchase as well?
I am just starting to build my theater, so I need pretty much everything.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Contest Question

Contest Questions: What A/V gear are you planning to purchase this holiday season? Where are you planning on purchasing? Online? Store front? What cables and accessories are you planning to purchase as well?

I plan to purchase a projector and screen. I probably will be purchasing online. As for accessories and cables, I plan to buy some speaker mounts, HDMI and component cables.

-Coz

S

squire.10@osu.e

Audioholic Intern
If I purchase any equipment at all, it will be either an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray player. I'll probably purchase at Best Buy, or maybe through an online source. I'll likely need to purchase additional analog (7.1) cables for audio, and either component video out or HDMI for video. Don't have HDMI 1.3 compatible equipment, though.

Now that I think about it, I may be in the ballpark for new surround speakers that can be wall-mounted. Probably purchase those on eBay. Would likely need new (longer) speaker cables for those, and will probably purchase them at bluejeanscable.com.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
Would like to get a ps3 or hddvd player. Will probably buy online. I will need some new hdmi cables and a switcher.

W

whubbard

Junior Audioholic
A new reciever.
New speakers.
New Sub.
(so basically everything but the imputs)

Where are you planning on purchasing?
Most likely online, and probably new on ebay.

None, I have all the cables I could need, and they are easily high enough quality.

D

density

Audioholic Intern
Things that might count:
-books (speaker building 201, speaker building cookbook, testing loudspeakers, etc)
-A/V baby monitor? (HD!)
-would like new amp/receiver, but... probably not quite yet.

Where are you planning on purchasing?
Most likely online. but usually from stores, not ebay

None right now, thanks.

Sorry... probably wont be a big spender this season.

T

trainCatcher

Audiophyte
For the holidays I'm hoping to get a 720P projector, as well as a DVD player (format TBD). This will entail buying an HDMI cable and a longer optical cable for the audio. I will definitely purchase the cables online. The projector will probably be purchased at a B&M.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
A PS3 is on the horizen, Most likely everything will be purchased online.
HDMI cables, and at some point, I will need an HDMI switching reciever with Dolby HD etc...

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Would like to buy an HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray player, which format and purchase to be determined by what holiday prices are. If they stay at the current prices, I'll continue to wait. A combo player for $500 would be cool, but that looks like it might still be a ways off.

Where are you planning on purchasing? Online? Store front?
Where the best price is... probably online, I avoid stores if at all possible during the holidays.

Probably another HDMI cable; I have an extra one here, but it's nice having spare cables around to accommodate different set ups / moving things around. I also need to pick up a few more locking banana plugs now that I think about it!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I just picked up a 60" Pioneer from Sam's Club, so there is likely no additional purchases between now and the end of the year. I will likely get a new front projector at some point and I'm thinking about a receiver upgrade. The projector I'll buy online or from a distributor.

No cables yet - though it is immenent that I'll get some Rapid Run stuff to fit through my existing 3/4" conduit. First I've gotta have the budget for the Aurora 6x6 HDMI matrix switcher.

T

TIMEATELL

Audiophyte
1 Kef center channel and a bunch of accessories...

What A/V gear are you planning to purchase this holiday season? Where are you planning on purchasing? Online? Store front? What cables and accessories are you planning to purchase as well?

This holiday season, I would like to convert my Kef 5.1 setup to a 6.1 setup. Currently, I have 5 satellites, but I would like to acquire a dedicated center channel and move the 5th satellite to the rear. In doing so, I will also need to purchase additional speaker cable (~75ft), 1 speaker stand and a set of banana plugs.

By the way, I'm planning to purchase the Kef center channel and speaker stand from a local store front here in the bay area (Anderson's).

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
I will be purchasing an Integra 9.8 pre/pro (this is actually on order and I hope will arrive before Xmas), and a new Dali C200 center channel speaker.

I will need a 5 balanced XLR interconnects to connect the Integra 9.8 to my amp.

The Integra 9.8 and the Dali speaker will be purchased a a local B&M. The interconnects will be purchased online.

P

palmharbor

Junior Audioholic
contest

I plan to buy absolutely nothing,nothing at all.
Phil

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
Planning on getting HD DVD player. Online is an option if I can find a good price. Will probably need a HDMI cable or two and online will for sure be the source for theses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis