Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I would like to be able to rip multi-channel audio to an open-standards audio format, with lossless compression. This would be SACD and DVD-Audio.

P

PAW

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.

Full bandwidth HD from cable and sat.

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
affordable and effective stand-alone room correction.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
Improved wireless products with increased flexibility and less losses. More particularly, I would like to see wireless technology applied to sound distribution such as speakers.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Emotiva products

I would like to see a monoblock size enclosure for the Emotiva MPS-1 blade amps. This would allow users to purchase a couple of mono or stereo amp channels with the same balanced design and performance level as the MPS-1. It would also provide an upgrade path to the "Big Dog" amp.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
wireless / rechargable surround speakers

would like to have battery powered (2.5 hours at least - 150wh) wireless speakers that have the same fidelity as conventional wired speakers.

Removable batterys that can be simultaniously charged. Range upto 25' to receiver.

Last edited:
R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
I'm on board with wireless speakers with no tradeoff in SQ or interference issues.

J

jdbwolverines

Audioholic Intern
I would like to see home theater equipment become more computer like in the sense that they can be upgraded and expanded as needed. Instead of new recievers, players etc. coming out constantly, I would like to be able to just swap out some new drives, processors, etc. This may be solved by a truely perfect HTPC, but they all currently lag to far behind in quality and bugginess.

T

Tod

Audioholic
The wireless thing doesn't bother me so much. Gotta love the snakepit...

What I'd like to see, specifically for my situation, is one of two solutions.

The problem: the huge hole in the soundstage created by a large projector screen, made even worse if you're in a small room. I've got about a 10x15 theater room with an 8x4 screen. Seated about 8' from the screen, a single center channel speaker just doesn't do it. If I was 20' away, maybe it would be more convincing. I'm currently dealing with this by using a center top and bottom speaker using two small bookshelf speakers. This of course leads to the parallel/series wiring issue and risks to the equipment, although it sounds OK for now.

Solutions:

1) A "pair" of connected speakers for this center channel application with whatever magical wiring trick it would take so that they can be placed several feet apart but be powered properly by a single channel on the amp without the parallel/series problems.

2) An amp with the capability to run 2 center channels.

I'd far rather have that issue resolved than 7.1 or 9.1 or 53.6 or whatever's next. In a room as small as mine, 5.1 is quite convincing enough, except when you're looking at images coming as far as 4 feet above where the sound should be coming from in a single center setup.

E

ehurnie

Junior Audioholic
I would like to see receivers and processors have the ability to get upgraded. If a new format comes out you replace a card or update the firmware or software. Things like this would save the consumer, because they wouldn't have to buy a whole new component; yet make the company money because the consumer will be more willing to make the small upgrade.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.

Software that helps to determine the level of room treatment needed for a given room based on room measurements, wall materials, and user sound preferences. The software would provide suggestions for diffiusion, reflection, and absorbtion panels.

Matt34

Matt34

An All-inclusive HTPC/AV receiver that is both upgradeable and expandable.

Darth Mike

Darth Mike

Audioholic
Small speakers that can produce low enough bass at enough volume as to not make the subwoofer handle the easily detectable directional stuff. Or a low cost room eq with an auto feature that actually works.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
What would I like to see?

Response: I would like to see a surround sound processor with video transcoding/switching with HDMI version 1.3, i.link (Firewire) connectivity as a digital audio connection (in addition to the usual S/PDIF electrical and optical connections), built-in stellar video processing capability comparable to a stand-alone video processor/scaler, upsampling capability of all audio signals to 24 bits/192 khz, upgradable modular, card-based architecture, software upgradability, and the latest DD and DTS codecs associated with HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. A price point under $2,000 would be very appealing, if not unrealistic, but there's no harm asking.

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:
What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.
An A/V remote that was truly universal, worked as well in bright light / no light conditions, had IR / radio capability for *true* multi-room functionality, didn't eat expensive batteries, is affordable (spending more on a remote than on my receiver is NOT OK), and most importantly, would be acceptable to my DW (who HATES my Denon touchscreen)!!!

I read with baited breath every review of the "ultimate" remote, only to find a product which is close (but no cigar).

D

daggerNC

Audiophyte
Lead underwear and braziers (that fit comfortably or course) that go with all those RF based wireless speakers :)

My second choice would be an affordable for the masses (<$30) high quality, truely easy navigation, usable by both novices and (semi)professional calibrators, audio and video set up disk. Great test signals for video enabling full gray scale calibration and accurate contrast and brightness and tint and saturation with video quality tests (shows artifacts from your source components/scalers/processors). As well, great audio set up and calibration tracks that not only have the standard tests, but include easy to use (and accurate) subwoofer placement tests, speaker height tests, and very important is really good speaker placement tests - how about a true holographic sound test (for example a real helicopter fly around providing really low frequencies all the way up to the high pitch whines of the turbo engines, etc).

J

Jottle

Audioholic Intern
I'd like to see a more affordable whole house streaming music system. Multiple controllers that are the bare minimum on aesthetics would be nice to keep the cost down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis