Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.

Note this contest ends on September 30th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
Wireless speakers - that work

Wireless speakers with no tradeoffs in sound quality/power.

This will probably not exist until quality amps can be packaged in each speaker. I think wireless transmission from the processor to the speaker is closer to reality.

Of course a solution like this would eliminate the boat anchor AMP/receiver from the system.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.

A subwoofer set that can reproduce fuller range...One that hits flat from...(for example) 50 htz to 80 or 90 htz, and the other that handles everything below 50. I know you can peice together two subs that can do this, and some subs can do this at a price, but getting two that blend seamlessly and look the same (waf) with placement not being an issue would be great.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I know the market for 2ch isn't quite as big these days and subs aren't always part of 2ch systems, but I'd like to see an integrated amp with at least basic bass management.

sandtrap said:
Of course a solution like this would eliminate the boat anchor AMP/receiver from the system.
The power has to come from somewhere, which means you still need amps.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
i agree w/ the first poster. truly wireless speakers w/ high quality sound. i might just be dreaming, but it's sure be great.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
Quality in room auto EQ or maybe an R-DES type product for the full range that you could tune and tweak yourself.

This would be easier if it actually made the plots for you of course.

Basically I would like an interactive RTA with EQ ability.

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
It's already been said a couple times, but high quality wireless speakers would be exceptionally cool to have.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Affordable modular receivers so you could swap things in and out like a computer.

Best I could do that wasn't wireless,
SBF1

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Tom Andry said:
AV123 wants your opinion!

[/I]
I'd like a media machine like the new Slimdevices Transporter, but with an internal hard drive and CD/DVD drive for direct ripping right to the unit. Most media servers have either internal hard drives, or are network media servers, but i haven't seen a good one that has the option of being both.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Two items:

1. A mini-HDMI cable that is small enough to get through STANDARD 3/4" conduit. All the current HDMI cables have ends on them that are simply to big to get through standard conduit. Even it is a cable that has no 'shell' on one end of the HDMI cable that can be snapped on once the cable has been run, that would be awesome. Because the HDMI head will fit through 3/4" but once the 'shell' is on the end of the cable it won't fit.

2. A headphone amplifier that plugs in and runs by a remote control. I have good headphones, but my receiver is in my basement. When I plug in my headphones the speakers in the room turn off, and there is no way around that. So, I want to use the 'line out' from the receiver. Yet, I can't use that with my headphones unless I get an external headphone amplifier. But, most external headphone amps not only cost a good deal of money, but they run on batteries! Plus, you gotta control the volume on them manually. Not cool at all. I'm about to buy a stereo receiver just so I can run my headphones. That just seems ridiculous.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
1) A tactile transducer that is simple to mount to a couch or chair, and have some type of built in amp so you don't have to rely on a stand alone plate amp, or separate amp. I think we're missing a lot of great tactile bass to go along with our subwoofers. A big company like AV123, SVS, or HSU could make a mint if they could figure that out.

2) More companies to produce reasonably priced acoustic treatments/absorbtion panels that resemble art work, or maybe cloth movie posters. Everything on the market is so drab. WAF is not very good, but if a company could figure out a way to snazz it up, I bet they would sell like hotcakes.

nyf

Enthusiast
I really like the wireless speaker idea--I wonder how far away something like this is with the developments in digital amps. Slapping the guts of a T-force in a speaker has to be doable...the networking technology is adequate already.

For new lines that AV123 could make, I'd like to see them try in-walls. They wouldn't have to disappear, either, show off some of those piano finishes. I also really like Buckeye's ideas about the transducers and bass traps. Add these to the X series line and offer them at a price so low it would be silly to DIY!

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I'd like to see a htpc that is small with digital video outs and large drive that doesn't cost and arm and a leg and runs from something other than windows.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'd really like a quality, affordable sealed subwoofer that whacks out the spls with the big boys.

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
Adjust that Sweet Spot!

If I could electronically adjust the sweet spot, "without moving the speaker", now that would be some major innovation! I can really see this application for use with in walls(that you can't) toe-in and with larger line source speakers that have a pretty small strike zone. I can see this being done automatically via microphone. The more I think about this, the more excited I get.
---edit---
Bummed, I looked into this and it looks like this technology already exists. I really thought I had something there. Oh well.

Last edited:
B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
Wireless transmission with no audible loss in quality. This would allow me to add a second amp for either surround or additional zones without running extra cables. Would be nice if the transmitter supported multiple types of receivers as well. Maybe a line of powered speakers for surround duties and another for an additional amp for main speakers or additional zone capabilities. Either could be standards that could be built in by any manufacture, preferebly in the AVR already so all you do is turn on the transmission unit(s), or a seperate box that plugs into line outs.

Steve

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
more products focused on effecting the greatest component of all - your room. There is so much focus on equipment that most people fail to recognize that decent (read affordable) equipment can sound 10X better in a good room (size and construction or just treatments) than expensice equipment in a lousy room.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I'd like to see a very nice budget system, addordable to ppl like me. Soemthing that puts out some great sound for a great price.

I'm not talking about 200$, I mean say, 100$ for a nice set of floors. Cuase its freakin hard to get money when your still in school. And even harder to get a job with alot of extra cirriculars.

I'm so dead set on a pair of onix x-ls, but it'll be a couple months before I will even be able to consider buying anything. Heck, I dont even have speakers on account that they're so darn exspensive

B

blowfish

Audiophyte
A relatively inexpensive network media player with AAC and AIFF audio playback, and TIFF image support, in addition to all the standard playback capabilities. Also DVD ISO and VOB files, and with an HDMI output.

jasoneuc

jasoneuc

Audioholic Intern
Affordable universal disc player - HD-DVD & BluRay. Would it be too much to ask for a player that eliminates DRM hassles (e.g. HDMI downconversions, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis