Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
yeah.. something that could transmit wirelessly with no loss of quality.

a device rather than an specific speaker would be better.

Loner

Loner

Audioholic Intern
A low cost, easy to use, interactive EQ product......one stop shopping for all speaker/sub EQ setups. No add'l software, table adjustment numbers etc should be needed.

On your av123 Ref 3's - add one add'l woofer and one stand alone midrange drivers. Should be 50+ inches high.......

Sell stand alone plinths - for your (av123) current (and future) speaker lines. I'd like to be able to swap out plinths on your speakers as an option.....a plinth that is wider, has legs for better support etc........must also be able to install different types of feet, spikes etc onto these aftermarket plinths......perhaps in different colors also - although black works for me.

Top of your (av123) speakers - different colors - including rosewood, BEM etc.......Personally, black is just fine for me but some other folks might want options to mix and match plinth and top colors.

It would be nice if av123 had showrooms in certain parts of the country. I know this would be an add'l cost, however, if these showrooms were in highly populated metropolitan areas, many more potential customers could be reached plus see and hear the speakers. These showrooms could also sell av123 products. You'd sell more speakers in these showrooms, therefore limiting potential shipping problems to individual homes - damages, theft etc. People that didn't know av123 via the web will now know you through your showrooms.

Just some rambling thoughts........:cool: :D

G

garence

Audiophyte
X series Surround speakers??

Contest Question: What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.

I'm waiting for X series Surround speakers!!!

S

Swamibob

Audiophyte
I would like to see a HD DVR that includes a HDTV tuner with plenty of recording space (500GB for up to 60hrs of recording depending on quality settings), with HDMI and component outputs as well as inputs.

It should also do the following:

1)play audio/video files from the your PC via your home network. Also make sure it displays long filenames (longer than 8 characters) so if you are playing music, you can see the whole title of the mp3. The problem here is so many dvd players that can play mp3's only display the first 8 characters. A lot of mp3's have the artist name first in the filename so you get a list of just the artist and can't tell what song it is.

2)use stantard networking; not only be able to interface with an xp media center version of windows but any windows xp version.

3)record in a standard format that can be played and edited on your PC

4)transfer recorded programs,which have already been recorded in a standard format, back to your pc where you could convert and write them in a dvd format using some stand alone dvd authoring software such as Nerovision.

5)Update a tv program guide via the internet for free since it will be networked to make it easier to program through some sort of graphical guide layout similar to directv's program guide.

6)It should also be designed to you can upgrade the codecs in it for future compatibility (and for bug fixes) via firmware updates downloaded from av123.com and apply them over the network so you don't have to disconnect the box to plug it into the usb port of your pc to flash it.

Sony has a unit that can record HD for 60 hrs but that is all it does, and it is $800.

I really like the idea of getting it back to the pc and saving it on dvd if it is something I want to watch again.

I know this is asking a lot, but you guys partnered up and came out with a really nice pre/pro - amplifier combo!

Swamibob

C

cleansparks

Enthusiast
I want to see more products that cater to high end headphone people. I have a few ideas.

I'd like to see a 1/4" line out on the front of receivers/preamps next to the headphone jack for those of us who want to use an external headphone amplifier (a set of stereo rca preamp outs would be fine by me too). Headphone amplifiers in a receiver are generally not good and a line out would give us the option of running a nice external amp while still using the internal DACs and processing of the receiver/preamp. I know this isn't really a high demand area, so I don't expect this to happen, but it would be nice if it did for us headphone junkies.

I noticed a bit of buzz about wireless speakers without compromise earlier in this thread. They would be nice, but that isn't too high a priority on my list. What I really would like to see are high end wireless headphones that are as good as their wired counterparts. Wireless headphone right now are pretty terrible, but a good wireless headphone would be an amazing and incredibly useful product since you wouldn't be tethered anymore. I generally don't move speakers, so the utility of a wireless speaker is much less than a wireless headphone for me.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
Invisible speakers. No matter how good they look, my spouse is not happy.

V

Vart

Audioholic
Like many other people have said - quality wireless speakers. Since I am an apartment dweller it would be nice to not have ugly wires running up the walls and across the ceiling.

G

gsnixon

Audiophyte
I would *love* to see a dedicated D/A converter with the x-series ethic (reliably high quality, low price) in a small form factor. I'm just building my first real HT setup, and though I make sure all my recordings are lossless, my new X-ls are awesome, and my Dad's old tube amp is a joy, I feel can't really trust the D/A in my Mac Mini or any that would come with a cheap receiver. Unfortunately, I can't find anything outside the price range of Apogee, etc that makes a product that fits what I'm looking for.

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This co

With the advent of cooler and quieter on-speaker amplifiers why not do the D/A conversion there? That way you can run Firewire or USB from source/switch to speaker and have it a truly all digital path to the one and often only analogue device in the system.

Modular PnP Pre/Pro to allow for changes in HDMI and surround formats. It would future-proof devices and allow the manufactueer to maintain a more loyal customer. It would prevent component shopping if the consumer could add/delete as their needs and budget allow.

Amplifiers have a simple life and do not need much; just to be quiet at all output levels.

Merely my $0.02 :D

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
A surround processor that contains ALL the sw to AUTOMATICALLY eq a room. This includes tones that are automatically swept to EQ the sub and ALL the speakers and all adjustments done automatically and then allows manual adjustment to tailor to one's taste.

D

Dank

Audioholic Intern
HTPC expansion

I'd like to see a connection to a computer that rivals Pre-amp levels within the few hundred dollar range. I believe this would allow for the best future proofing a person can achieve today. If you could manipulate everything with the computer a person would only need to purchase an external amp to power the speakers. I suppose thats the other part the amp needs to be able to be connected through hdmi or the HTPC needs a separate coax output for each channel. Idealy a person would then be able to upgrade anything they want instead of being stuck with obsolete technology.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.

Note this contest ends on September 30th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

A receiver that is controlled like a computer with all functions of a software can imagine, such as: timer, eq, schedules for on/off, firmware auto updates, internet connection for updates and so on. This receiver has to be in mid-range to high-end quality and serve like a cpu but more focus to its core receiver functions (not just like adding a cool sound-card to your cpu). That means this receiver will come with a keyboard (mouse?) either wired/wireless. Again, it is a receiver with more brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What is currently not on the market you’d most like to see? This could be a completely new product or a modification/enhancement of an existing product. Please be as specific as possible.
There are a few things.
1. Affordable highres holigraphic displays.
2. HT Projectors that can do 1080p with ambient light (not complete darkness), at a affordable price. ($6-8k). Most are under 1000 lumens. I would like 2-4k lumens, without sacrificing black levels or washing out colors.
3. Laser audio. One of my co-workers friends is doing PHD research on this. They are using multiple lasers to reflect audio from 1 point in the room to simulate multiple channels. So theoretically, you would only need this device. No speakers would be necessary (except maybe a sub). Last I heard (1-2 yrs ago) it was actually working. Of course they are still ironning out bugs.
4. A Blue-ray and HD-DVD combo player for $200. lol maybe in 5yrs.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Egad, I hate repeating what everyone else has said, but oh well . . .

Wireless speakers. I mean truly wireless. Okay, I get that there should be some kind of transmitter unit and a receiver unit. Fine. But that just adds more wires, cos each of them have to be plugged in. I have a wireless unit for my centre rear speaker and it sucks. Everytime I plug it in, I get this very faint high pitched hum, and despite playing with speaker levels, it never plays loudly enough. It has four channels, and none of them get rid of the hum or give enough juice. Plus it should not come with speaker wire that's like 50 gauge. Can someone please do something about this please?

So to sum up, a truly wireless solution for speakers that have enough power. Aside from a lack of an HDTV, it's the only thing about my current setup that bugs me. (Sorry, Kenwood.)

cheers,
supervij

M

mdy

Enthusiast
I would like to see a completely integrated wireless system. (TV, receiver, dvd player, speakers, etc.)

C

chronos56

Audioholic Intern
HT system based around the Mini

As a long time owner of a pair of ESS Heil's I believe the Mini may be a very close match. Its that ultra clarity that makes me such a fan of them.

I know that the Mini's were designed for stereo settings but I believe that a Center Channel speaker based around the Mid/Tweeter in the mini would create a HT/Audio system that would be hard to beat at any price.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis