Energy Connoiseur replacement Tweeters?

Mr. Shelly

Mr. Shelly

Audiophyte
Yes i would greatly appreciate that. I am so thankful i came across this thread. You are "the man" and totally made my day ☺
Alright sir. But before we go forward, we need to be sure you have the same tweeter. I know they are the same on the C6 and the C8. I assume they are in the C2 and C4 but I don't know that for sure. You may want to research this and be sure that your C4 uses the same 5DR53063 tweeter that my C6 does.
You could just pull your broken one out and see if it is stamped on the side. If you haven't done so be fore, here is the procedure (assuming it is the same as my C6): You will need to first pull the upper woofer. To do so, remove the ring that covers the screws, then the screws holding in the woofer. Once the woofer is out, then reach up inside and you can turn the tweeters clockwise and this will unlock them and you can pull them out of the woofer hole.
Lets hope yours matches mine and the hunt is over. It took me years to get mine.

S

Shawn Dittrich

Audiophyte
Alright sir. But before we go forward, we need to be sure you have the same tweeter. I know they are the same on the C6 and the C8. I assume they are in the C2 and C4 but I don't know that for sure. You may want to research this and be sure that your C4 uses the same 5DR53063 tweeter that my C6 does.
You could just pull your broken one out and see if it is stamped on the side. If you haven't done so be fore, here is the procedure (assuming it is the same as my C6): You will need to first pull the upper woofer. To do so, remove the ring that covers the screws, then the screws holding in the woofer. Once the woofer is out, then reach up inside and you can turn the tweeters clockwise and this will unlock them and you can pull them out of the woofer hole.
Lets hope yours matches mine and the hunt is over. It took me years to get mine.
Yes sir, the part number is correct, i still can't believe this is happening, i feel like a kid at Christmas lol. It was probably less then 2 weeks ago i actually started looking at aftermarket replacement tweeters thinking i was going to have to modify the box and x-over, and only hoping to get something to sound as good. If i could give you a medal or prize of some sort, i would. I've never been on this position of buying something from someone online that wasn't eBay or kijiji etc. How do we do this or how do you prefer?? I can give you my email to contact me? However is better for you. Again you are the man, thank you so much.

T

tomciara

Audiophyte
Hi, I just got a set of C6 that could use a tweeter. Just seeing if there is a spare still in captivity. Thank you very much!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi, I just got a set of C6 that could use a tweeter. Just seeing if there is a spare still in captivity. Thank you very much!
You could contact parts express or madisound and see if they know what the replacement is or could recommend a drop in with minimal or no crossover changes.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You could contact parts express or madisound and see if they know what the replacement is or could recommend a drop in with minimal or no crossover changes.
Parts Expess, will tell him anything he wants to hear, to sell him a couple of tweeters!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Parts Expess, will tell him anything he wants to hear, to sell him a couple of tweeters!
Is that from your experience? I've only dealt with their CS one time and they were able to help me. Meniscus and Madisound CS has always been good to me FWIW.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Is that from your experience? I've only dealt with their CS one time and they were able to help me. Meniscus and Madisound CS has always been good to me FWIW.
Personal experience! I agree Madisound are reliable. I have never used Meniscus.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis