AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The AHB2 is an awfully nice amplifier, but I wouldn't be so wowed by their distortion numbers from a pragmatic standpoint. They are way way lower than they need to be. I would be very willing to allow more distortion for more power delivery, as long as distortion remains below audibility. Personally, I would rather have same-priced amps from NAD, Arcam, or Anthem. Twice the power with still very low distortion.
What? You don't go to bed every night thinking, "Ooh, my amp has a THD of 0.000000000001%. Beat that!" :D

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
What? You don't go to bed every night thinking, "Ooh, my amp has a THD of 0.000000000001%. Beat that!" :D
Clearly, you are not a Benchmark dealer.
This hobby is a genuine interest of mine. There is a difference in sharing views and defending ones gear ;)

Recently, I have purchased a MiniDSP SHD for my Office/Game room. This is a very interesting and reasonably priced product because it had 4 DACs and sufficient routing to support bass management, crossovers (for those looking into that), PEQ, and also Dirac. It sounds excellent with great measurements on ASR.
I would not have purchased it without that data.

I have discovered an issue with the SHD/Volumio implemented Rood Bridge, not present in a Roon bridge implemented on the RPI3.
It's amazing what can be learned at home. Great company BTW.

- Rich

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
Clearly, you are not a Benchmark dealer.
This hobby is a genuine interest of mine. There is a difference in sharing views and defending ones gear ;)

Recently, I have purchased a MiniDSP SHD for my Office/Game room. This is a very interesting and reasonably priced product because it had 4 DACs and sufficient routing to support bass management, crossovers (for those looking into that), PEQ, and also Dirac. It sounds excellent with great measurements on ASR.
I would not have purchased it without that data.

I have discovered an issue with the SHD/Volumio implemented Rood Bridge, not present in a Roon bridge implemented on the RPI3.
It's amazing what can be learned at home. Great company BTW.

- Rich
Rich, this may be an odd question but does your MiniDSP with Derac actively adjust EQ levels to the room as you listen to music? If so is there a mic near the MLP? if not, are you aware of such a device?

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Rich, this may be an odd question but does your MiniDSP with Derac actively adjust EQ levels to the room as you listen to music? If so is there a mic near the MLP? if not, are you aware of such a device?
Dirac software runs on a PC or Mac and takes multiple measurements that are used to create filters for REQ.
The SHD has up to 4 separate configurations that can be saved and loaded.

- Rich

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
Dirac software runs on a PC or Mac and takes multiple measurements that are used to create filters for REQ.
The SHD has up to 4 separate configurations that can be saved and loaded.

- Rich
so it's similar to REW?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis