Electro Voice 30w 30inch sub woofer

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If I can find the sheet I got from E-V, do you want me to post it? They had a 36 ft³ and 46 ft³ design, which was basically two 4x8 sheets with 18" between them.

I had a pair and they were in the corner horn cabinets. Now that I'm seeing the prices, I really wish I had kept them.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
61 posts, and no pics of this monster = :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

I'm curious how the guy "biamped" a single driver. EV still makes 18" subs, by the say.
He may have bridged the amp. Very unnecessary with this driver, too. They weren't rated for high power. Mine had an unusually realistic sound, too. Even in a small room, it was great and with the series of coincidences we had in the system, almost nothing was needed to blend the main speakers to the EVs.

You want photos? Here's a link I found a while back:
http://www.dougronald.com/sound_images.htm

T

tinidus

Audioholic Intern
Hello Forum,
I have been lurking around the forum but have little to say. I suffered one of those horrific knee injuries where it bends the opposite way. I was so excited about starting a cab and now feel ashamed that I let you guys down. I have all the plans and materials but do not have a leg to stand on. I wish I could have sampled the sound that my knee made when it popped. It was not a total fold over of the knee it was half way but I guess that is still enough. The pain is nowhere near as intense as before so that is a good sign to me. I have been indoors and watching movies and playing music very loud;) I still dream of the possibilities of these giant subs.
Best wishes to the Members for the ancient Yule Tide Season

highfigh

highfigh

I apologize tinidus, I meant no offense. Receivers in the past where conservatively (or at least correctly rated after the big FCC crackdown on power ratings [I think it was the FCC?]). Now receivers are often rated way above what should be standard.
It was the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and you know why they cracked down of you read an old owner's manual. Creative writing, at its finest.

highfigh

highfigh

Hello Forum,
I have been lurking around the forum but have little to say. I suffered one of those horrific knee injuries where it bends the opposite way. I was so excited about starting a cab and now feel ashamed that I let you guys down. I have all the plans and materials but do not have a leg to stand on. I wish I could have sampled the sound that my knee made when it popped. It was not a total fold over of the knee it was half way but I guess that is still enough. The pain is nowhere near as intense as before so that is a good sign to me. I have been indoors and watching movies and playing music very loud;) I still dream of the possibilities of these giant subs.
Best wishes to the Members for the ancient Yule Tide Season
Sorry to read about the knee. Did they set you up with one of the knee braces that limits movement? My friend did what you did and his didn't need surgery, as far as I know. Limited movement, rest and PT (which he called "Pure Torture") and he was playing softball not too long after. Well, he did it in Fall and was playing in Spring, but...

I thought you posted that you had one- do you actually have a pair?

If I had bought a place that was big enough, I would have kept mine in a heartbeat. As I think I posted, mine were in the corner horn cabinet and I really enjoyed them. When I told my uncle about them, his eyes glazed over.

T

tinidus

Audioholic Intern
I did not go to in depth but it was the Meniscus that I heard pop. A little wafer of cartilage between your knee bones. The knee did not bend the opposite way it naturally bends it bent outward to the side. In my case my lower left leg went left instead of forward. I am braced up right now even. Strangely enough sleeping is when the most pain occurs............Yes two 30ws that are the same type. The paper lined polystyreen cones with the heavy accordion material on the outer cone where it connects to the frame. I want to utilize them somehow I know they would be killer. The plans for the cabs are just so big! I can only build one at a time. I spend amounts of time just thinking about what to use for a grill? The possibilities......Ha ha. I have figured on using some kind of laminate for the whole thing when it is complete. I want something regal, noble and presentable for inside a home.

highfigh

highfigh

I did not go to in depth but it was the Meniscus that I heard pop. A little wafer of cartilage between your knee bones. The knee did not bend the opposite way it naturally bends it bent outward to the side. In my case my lower left leg went left instead of forward. I am braced up right now even. Strangely enough sleeping is when the most pain occurs............Yes two 30ws that are the same type. The paper lined polystyreen cones with the heavy accordion material on the outer cone where it connects to the frame. I want to utilize them somehow I know they would be killer. The plans for the cabs are just so big! I can only build one at a time. I spend amounts of time just thinking about what to use for a grill? The possibilities......Ha ha. I have figured on using some kind of laminate for the whole thing when it is complete. I want something regal, noble and presentable for inside a home.
In one of the links I posted, they show a corner horn and it would really cut down on lost room volume, although it does need to be placed away from the corner. IIRC, mine were about 36" wide, 40" tall and from the outside face to the opening was about 30 (They wouldn't have made it in my door if they were any bigger).

Check out this link:http:
//tubenexus.com/wp-content/uploads/TL806_Builders_Plans.pdf

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis