Early stage planning of upgrading to projection

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Standard screen size is about 10" to 12" of diagonal for each foot of viewing distance. So, while it would be common to see 130" to 150" or so from 13' away, at 9' a 92" to 110" screen would be a common size. So, at 100" you will be pretty happy at 9' away I would expect.

JVC pricing rarely drops. I think the only drop I ever saw was when they discontinued the RS440/X590 model and they did a great price drop for the five seconds that they were still available. Then they were gone. I think the best deal going right now may be the Epson 5040, which is completely discontinued in favor of the new 5050 model. There are certain drawbacks to the 5040, but it is worlds better than anything I'm aware of near the price point.

Not sure if your room would support a 2.35 screen. That is, if you are fighting height, not width, you could go wider in the room and use a 2.35 screen with a projector like the JVC or Epson you could possibly zoom out/in using the motorized lens presets and get the image on screen the way you want it if you wanted to go a bit wider.

I rarely suggest 2.35, but with the right room it can make a lot of sense. Maybe post a photo or two of the room. I haven't looked back through the thread to catch up.
Actually it’s a 7ft wide area

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis