DVDs that suck, but you love them anyway!

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
After reading the latest rant against War of the Worlds (2005), so many people with different takes on the movie. I wondered about some of the titles in my collection. So I figured I'd ask the group.

What movies do you have in your collection, that you know up front suck, but you love them anyway. I'm not talking about difference of opinion between you and someone else, I mean movies you know are bad, but you can't help loving them.

I'll kick it off:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961, with rubber shark and octopus)
The Wraith (That's right, with Charlie Sheen)
Reign of Fire (C'mon, dragons that eat ash?!)
Jeepers Creepers 2 (Just look at it, how can you not love a movie called Jeepers Creepers ...2!)

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Out of my library:

AVP
National Treasure
Red Planet
Wild Wild West

~Chuck

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
The Chukker said:
Starship Troopers :eek:
Hah that was such a terrible movie, but I still liked it. Denise Richards maybe?

~Chuck

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
god i hated denise richards in that movie! what a whore. she could have at least completed the "whore" character with some nudity.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Mike! LOL :D

Apparently, team america and baseketball are hated but I like them.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i never had the chance to watch team america ...
only baseketball, its ok, but I won't be buying that dvd anytime soon. :)

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
CaliHwyPatrol said:
Hah that was such a terrible movie, but I still liked it. Denise Richards maybe?

~Chuck
LMAO. My wife cannot tolerate Starship Troopers and I could never figure out why until I read your post. I forgot she HATES Denise Richards! I don't know who has a more attractive mouth; her or Maria Bartiromo from CNBC. Yes, I DO have too much time on my hands.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mike c said:
i never had the chance to watch team america ...
only baseketball, its ok, but I won't be buying that dvd anytime soon. :)
Its only 9 bucks....

SheepStar

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
The Beastmaster - Tanya Robert's boobies :)

Time Bandits - hilariously bad

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Dark Star

Really stupid, but I guess that's what makes it loveable. Funny, funny movie with a beachball alien.

(It was like the graduate school project for John Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon. They wrote it, acted in it, directed it, produced it, etc.)

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (okay, the boobies are magnificent, but I think the movie is hilarious)

The Adventures of Ford Fairlaine (Andrew Dice Clay -- the king of bad taste, although he's actually a bit tame in this one)

Basket Case (low budget horror/thriller about a guy's twin brother who's kept in a small wicker basket)

Spice World (completely goofball, corny, cheesy fun . . . with five babes!)

Batman (1966) (just plain awful -- how could anyone take Batman seriously after seeing this -- but the POWs and the BIFFs and the ZZZAPs make it all worthwhile)

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins . . . (no worse movie in the history of cinema -- but watching Fred Ward learn from a kung fu master is hilarious)

cheers,
supervij

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
supervij said:
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins . . . (no worse movie in the history of cinema -- but watching Fred Ward learn from a kung fu master is hilarious)
cheers,
supervij
Another great movie of this sort is No Retreat No Surrender where the ghost of Bruce Lee helps some kid learn martial arts. The best thing about this movie is that Jean-Claude Van Damme gets his *** kicked by this kid at the end. Awesome!!

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
C.h.u.d.

Cannabalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers, which is what bums turn into when you store toxic radioactive waste in sewer pipes. Man, I love that movie.

Got to back up the vote for Batman (1966), another classic I own.

BTW, I actually think Starship Troopers is a good movie, just severely underrated and unappreciated by others.

Don't forget Plan 9 from Outer Space, a must see movie that is so horribly bad you can't help but laugh.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hate to say it, but I liked The Wraith too. :D

Repo Man
Donnie Darko

alandamp said:
Another great movie of this sort is No Retreat No Surrender where the ghost of Bruce Lee helps some kid learn martial arts. The best thing about this movie is that Jean-Claude Van Damme gets his *** kicked by this kid at the end. Awesome!!
Wasn't it Chuck Norris's ghost?

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
Mike! LOL :D

Apparently, team america and baseketball are hated but I like them.

SheepStar
i havnt seen baseketball yet but i laughed my a$$ off watching team america,me & my wife have watched that silly movcie atleast 10 time's:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis