Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The first trailer is out and I am moderately excited as they seem not to muck it up so far. Casting is also top-notch. As I understand this will at least two parts, so two movies.

If you not familiar with Dune story, this should get you up to date in 5mins:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I can't wait to watch the trailer later on my rig... only seen it on the computer. ;)

But why'd they have to do Dark Side Of The Moon???! That is sacred territory. *shakes head disapprovingly

Still, very excited for this.
Anticipation GIFs | Tenor

:D :D :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, if this time they could spare me of watching Sting in space Speedos, I’d call it a vast improvement.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I can't wait to watch the trailer later on my rig... only seen it on the computer. ;)

But why'd they have to do Dark Side Of The Moon???! That is sacred territory. *shakes head disapprovingly

Still, very excited for this.
Anticipation GIFs | Tenor

:D :D :D
“Eclipse” by Pink Floyd is a nod to Alejandro Jodorowsky, whose failed Dune project in the mid 70s was to feature a soundtrack by the Floyd.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
“Eclipse” by Pink Floyd is a nod to Alejandro Jodorowsky, whose failed Dune project in the mid 70s was to feature a soundtrack by the Floyd.
right... but an actual floyd soundtrack would've been a whole completely different thing!... :p

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It is great that Colbert is such a SciFi geek/nerd!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, you're not kidding about the top-notch casting.

They had me at Rebecca Ferguson. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Technical Aspect: Dune 2020 was shot using the 4.5K Resolution Arri Alexa LF Digital Camera and Mastered in 4K Digital.

So picture quality should be awesome.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Technical Aspect: Dune 2020 was shot using the 4.5K Resolution Arri Alexa LF Digital Camera and Mastered in 4K Digital.

Yeah, I just watched the trailer on my phone and the picture quality is exceptional!!!

(Foghorn Leghorn voice on) "That's a joke, son!"

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is my newest, most anticipated movie atm. I am very excited for it and hope they don't screw it up. I read 7 or 8 of the novels in this series, twice when I was a teen. At least twice. I started to go through a third time, made it 3 or 4 books in then something else caught my attention and I finally moved on.

This series of books were a huge influence on me and an escape from what was at the time, not such a great life. I loved these books and would spend almost entire days just reading. Now the realist in me knows there's no way to really translate all of it into film, but I'm crossing my fingers that they don't ruin it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is my newest, most anticipated movie atm. I am very excited for it and hope they don't screw it up. I read 7 or 8 of the novels in this series, twice when I was a teen. At least twice. I started to go through a third time, made it 3 or 4 books in then something else caught my attention and I finally moved on.

This series of books were a huge influence on me and an escape from what was at the time, not such a great life. I loved these books and would spend almost entire days just reading. Now the realist in me knows there's no way to really translate all of it into film, but I'm crossing my fingers that they don't ruin it.
For 8 novels, they should be making 6 Dune movies then.

How can they cram 8 novels into 2 movies?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
For 8 novels, they should be making 6 Dune movies then.

How can they cram 8 novels into 2 movies?
Dune Movie 1&2 will be based only on the first Dune book. Rest I guess depends on how much money they make from it..

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Don’t wanna see any previews. Just the full movie on Blu-ray or dare I say a movie theater. Exciting for sure.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Dune Movie 1&2 will be based only on the first Dune book. Rest I guess depends on how much money they make from it..
The first two books really complete a story arc. That would have been a better target to shoot for rather than just dealing with the first book. Some people say that there is too much 'stuff' or plot of the first Dune book to contain in just one feature-length film, but I disagree. The 1984 theatrical version did a pretty good job of telling the main story, for all of its problems. I enjoyed the David Lynch version, and in couple ways I think it is even superior to the book, but it was quite a murky movie.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

I enjoyed all of the Frank Herbert books, which comprised 6 books in his series. He intended to write a 7th but his death curtailed that project. The Brian Herbert books were, well you only need to get a couple paragraphs in before you realize that Frank's literary talents were not inherited by his son. For me, Frank's books alone are canon. I think a big screen version of God Emporer of Dune would really be something to see.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

From the trailer looks like it should be really good. Will be looking to pickup this one on 4K UHD disc.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis