Dual Opposed Mach 5 Audio FTW Build

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
And so it begins. This actually looks better than it did, in terms of mess and clutter believe it or not.

I stopped halfway through the cleaning because I needed to try this out.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Pile O' Wood

From here the possibilities are supposedly endless. Although this time I hope the possibility I end up with a finished product :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Laying out braces and generally just farting around trying to make some final effort based decisions

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Unfinished speakers are one thing, unfinished walls ... kinda the same thing. But setting up shop with exposed insulation on every wall ... that's like wiring up the driver as it sits on your coffee table and calling it good. Do you need a drywaller?

Oh hey, never mind me breaking your balls (but I have been in a thousand rooms like that). Do you have a DEQ2496 not in use? And maybe a small class d sub amp? I know you got one of everything.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Unfinished speakers are one thing, unfinished walls ... kinda the same thing. But setting up shop with exposed insulation on every wall ... that's like wiring up the driver as it sits on your coffee table and calling it good. Do you need a drywaller?

Oh hey, never mind me breaking your balls (but I have been in a thousand rooms like that). Do you have a DEQ2496 not in use? And maybe a small class d sub amp? I know you got one of everything.
It's the pharmaceuticals talking

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

Ain’t Gonna be any drywall down here for a good long while. I still need to insulate the ceiling of the basement, get the lally columns removed frame out the drop ceiling, false wall, the other walls, the bathroom walls, install a sub-panel, and about 10 other things before drywall. Also, that all comes after the garage gets built and insulated and dry walled.

Actually it just to happens that I do have a DEQ laying around somewhere collecting dust. I also have a class D sub amp, but it’s not small. Normal rack size Peavy IPR

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Actually it just to happens that I do have a DEQ laying around somewhere collecting dust. I also have a class D sub amp, but it’s not small. Normal rack size Peavy IPR
Now is the time to really start blaming pills. The Peavey a 1600 or the 3000? That's sort of optional ... mostly. But I need the 2496 if you want to ditch it. Or a smaller, simpler DSP. My 2496 has the overload lights go on during start up. It's quite the boom if the subs are powered ON. So, I have to turn the subs on after my 2496 powers on without the red lights coming on. It takes a couple three tries.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Now is the time to really start blaming pills. The Peavey a 1600 or the 3000? That's sort of optional ... mostly. But I need the 2496 if you want to ditch it. Or a smaller, simpler DSP. My 2496 has the overload lights go on during start up. It's quite the boom if the subs are powered ON. So, I have to turn the subs on after my 2496 powers on without the red lights coming on. It takes a couple three tries.
It's an IPR2 5000. Yea, I'm not using the deq and don't see myself using it anytime soon.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, we're getting there

However I bungled up a measurement which necessitated getting another sheet of plywood. My local store was out of birch so I went exploring and found another place that's only about 15 minutes away that carries real baltic birch plywood. It's awesome stuff and head and shoulders above the birch ply I was getting from the other store. So I guess it ended up for the best that I was 1cm off.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Getting close

So hard to find good help these days. Lazy b@stards :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
That is a good thought, but I'm not sure it means you should cultivate the spark until it runs rampant!
I hope they used plenty of glue when they were fabbing your home! Nails alone won't hold it together with a sub like that!;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis