Drag Me To Hell!!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, was able to give this film a look today. I have been under the weather so to speak for some time now. As such, decided to get out and go catch a movie. After all, the previews looked decent.

Well, the audio was certainly done well. The story-line was also quite good. However, the acting was only average at best imho. At times, I caught myself liking some of the F/X, but at other times is was done very poorly. The ending certainly left much to be desired. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Therefore, based upon the good audio quality and some of the F/X that were done well, I have to give this film a C- at best. The mediocre acting and some cheesy F/X is my main complaint.

All in all, this one is worth a rental on one of those days when there is very little to rent. In other words, don't be in a big hurry to go out and see this one.

Cheers,

Phil

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Cheers for the review, I was looking at this one.

Was it scary? I feel like I haven't seen a good scary movie lately.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Cheers for the review, I was looking at this one.

Was it scary? I feel like I haven't seen a good scary movie lately.
Yeah, there were a few good scary moments. But over all, I would wait and rent it. Of course, on a day when there is very little else to rent. I certainly wouldn't buy it. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Was hoping some other members here seen this film Just curious as to what their impressions would be. By the look of things, I may have been the only one to see this one thus far..............Lmao!!!! :eek::D:eek: Well, I guess I am always the gullible one. ;):p;)

Cheers,

Phil

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Wild horses couldn't drag me in to see this. Yccch:( I hate horror movies! Right up there with chick flicks for me. Friday the 13th or 27 Dresses? I would need novacaine for either. What people get out of these I'll never know.

Think I would have seen Wolverine again or Star Trek for the third time first.

Ah well. Different strokes, eh.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wild horses couldn't drag me in to see this. Yccch:( I hate horror movies! Right up there with chick flicks for me. Friday the 13th or 27 Dresses? I would need novacaine for either. What people get out of these I'll never know.

Think I would have seen Wolverine again or Star Trek for the third time first.

Ah well. Different strokes, eh.
LOL...........like I said Mud I am the gullible one. :eek::rolleyes::eek: Kinda wished I seen Angles and Demons instead myself. ;):);) I am sure it would not had been any worse. :cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I recently saw the trailer for this and thought it looked pretty scary, so I guess I'll check it out, hopefully the blu ray will have good sound.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
It's getting a lot of good press, especially for a horror movie. Rottentomatoes currently has it at *gasp* 93%!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I recently saw the trailer for this and thought it looked pretty scary, so I guess I'll check it out, hopefully the blu ray will have good sound.
Glock, it did have a few good scary moments. But, there were also some cheesy ones too. I am sure once it comes to BR, that the audio will be superb. As I mentioned, it is worth a rental when there is not much else left to rent. When you do see it, be sure to share your thoughts with us. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It's getting a lot of good press, especially for a horror movie. Rottentomatoes currently has it at *gasp* 93%!
Yeah, I see that. However, when a movie gets "glowing" reviews I usually don't care for it much. Of course, this is NOT always the case. But, nevertheless, it happens quite often. A movie like this is the perfect example imho. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I loved this movie. As a long time fan of old horror flicks, I saw nods to lots of the movies that were done in the somewhat more subtle time before the era of massive gore and flying heads. In particular, there were a number of items that appeared to reference the British classic Night (or Curse) of the Demon, notably the seance, the ability to pass a curse on via a small item (a parchment with runes on the old one) and the finale in the railroad tracks.

I managed to get my wife (NOT a horror movie fan) to go with me and aside from a few shrieks, even she liked it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I loved this movie. As a long time fan of old horror flicks, I saw nods to lots of the movies that were done in the somewhat more subtle time before the era of massive gore and flying heads. In particular, there were a number of items that appeared to reference the British classic Night (or Curse) of the Demon, notably the seance, the ability to pass a curse on via a small item (a parchment with runes on the old one) and the finale in the railroad tracks.

I managed to get my wife (NOT a horror movie fan) to go with me and aside from a few shrieks, even she liked it.
Skizzer, I am very glad both you and wife liked it. As I mentioned previously, there were some parts that were done very well. For example, as you mentioned the seance scene. However, the good moments quite often were followed up with very cheesy F/X imho. In other words, it was either done very well or it was done poorly. As such, there was no middle ground so to speak. The acting was also mediocre at best. Perhaps, I was just expecting too much from this one based upon the previews. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

M

mohitBihari

Banned
Folks, was able to give this film a look today. I have been

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Skizzer, I am very glad both you and wife liked it. As I mentioned previously, there were some parts that were done very well. For example, as you mentioned the seance scene. However, the good moments quite often were followed up with very cheesy F/X imho. In other words, it was either done very well or it was done poorly. As such, there was no middle ground so to speak. The acting was also mediocre at best. Perhaps, I was just expecting too much from this one based upon the previews. ;):);)
Cheers,

Phil
I thought that since the movie seemed to be deliberately derivative, these things worked. The FX was in fact better than the movies that inspired it as was the acting. What I liked was that the film not only had "horror" but also irony and humor. I didn't take itself seriously. When you're reviving movies like Attack of the Puppet People or Die Monster Die, you just can't do it TOO well. It's one of those movies where the title alone is enough to tell you what it's about and the trailer tells you the rest, so you can't use too much subtlety.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I thought that since the movie seemed to be deliberately derivative, these things worked. The FX was in fact better than the movies that inspired it as was the acting. What I liked was that the film not only had "horror" but also irony and humor. I didn't take itself seriously. When you're reviving movies like Attack of the Puppet People or Die Monster Die, you just can't do it TOO well. It's one of those movies where the title alone is enough to tell you what it's about and the trailer tells you the rest, so you can't use too much subtlety.
Interesting perspective. I am not as familiar with some of those older horror films. Thanks for pointing out the similarities. Apprecitae you taking the time to share with us. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
ummmm...........dragged to hell?????:p
Lmao.........thanks Mud it is much more clearer now! :eek::p:eek: I should have known...........LOL!!!!!! ;):);) Hope all is well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Seen the dvd at Walmart and thought of you Phil and also that I have not had time to visit in quite awhile

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Seen the dvd at Walmart and thought of you Phil and also that I have not had time to visit in quite awhile
Thanks Mud. It is nice to know we are thought of sometimes. :eek::p:eek: Hope things are well for you my friend. It is good to hear from you. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis