Down to two speakers klipsch vs. monitor audio

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
See attached shootout from Audioholics.....Invariably, people who never owned or listened to Klipsch will tell you they are too bright....nonsense. They won in this case against other speakers that are not known for brightness. Since you are 50-50 music and movies, the significant point here is that they used music as the test material. Klipsch are very efficient and dynamic and they are even more well suited to HT. I do believe they would have won an HT shootout by an even larger margin. Intersting that the Monitor Audios are one of the few other brands which also have a cerometalic woofer. They are also very good and well balanced. My main point here is to warn you of the "wives tales" concerning horn speakers.
While I agree with tom67 about the Klipsch being good for HT and they are definately dynamic, I do think they tend to be bright and cause listening fatigue fairly quickly. I've owned more than one pair of the brand and this is just my personal opinion based on experience. I thought they were great until I listened to other brands. What one person considers bright, another can consider sonic bliss. I have heard a number of owners say they are incredible with tube gear. I've always been curious about that, but my Klipsch are long gone.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
While I agree with tom67 about the Klipsch being good for HT and they are definately dynamic, I do think they tend to be bright and cause listening fatigue fairly quickly. I've owned more than one pair of the brand and this is just my personal opinion based on experience. I thought they were great until I listened to other brands. What one person considers bright, another can consider sonic bliss. I have heard a number of owners say they are incredible with tube gear. I've always been curious about that, but my Klipsch are long gone.
I have had the same experience - mine are long gone too.
However, there are many who like them - and I am glad
that they enjoy them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis