Done! Projector theater AND Planar 2-channel systems

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Nicely done on both systems. I have heard those Magnepans sound amazing with the right amps.
I do have a question about your theater in regards to the dimensions. I'm currently trying to plan out my dedicated room and choosing the right size screen is on the top of my list.

Thanks
Josh
10'x20'x8'

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
10'x20'x8'
I see you have "narrow room syndrome" like myself (10' 8"). It'd be nicer to have more width to give the mains a bit more breathing room, as well as move around in there. Looks like a very nice setup though.:)

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I see you have "narrow room syndrome" like myself (10' 8"). It'd be nicer to have more width to give the mains a bit more breathing room, as well as move around in there. Looks like a very nice setup though.:)
It'd be awesome to be just a foot or 2 wider. Not just for the sound, but I found the most comfortable, and stylish "U" shaped sectional to go in the theere, but it's exactly 10ft wide...

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hola Gregarious, what's happnin'?

Congrats on the move. Your new digs look much more accomodating, although I have to say that when you had all your HT kit stuffed in that 8'x8' bedroom in your townhome it was a ridiculously immersive experience to say the least. Your new theater room looks great.

Your two channel system is right up my alley, very nicely done! How are you liking it?

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Hola Gregarious, what's happnin'?

Congrats on the move. Your new digs look much more accomodating, although I have to say that when you had all your HT kit stuffed in that 8'x8' bedroom in your townhome it was a ridiculously immersive experience to say the least. Your new theater room looks great.

Your two channel system is right up my alley, very nicely done! How are you liking it?
Sound fills the space incredibly well.....2 15" subs running 1000 watts a piece will do that I suppose :D
Having visited my previous home, I'm sure you can imagine that more than twice the square footage is a very welcomed change!

The 2-channel system is my absolute favorite. Come home and grab a glass of whiskey and listen to something fairly chilled out (lots of Nick Cave and Barry Adamson lately) When pulling the chair into the perfect spot, it sounds incredible.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Added a Lutron remote lighting system. Dirt cheap and a huge help.
Now can sit down, press the "Watch Movie" button on the Harmony, and everything sets up.....the projector takes about a minute to get to full brightness, so that's how long it's set to slowly dim and then turn off the lights.

Will drop some nice updated pics when I get the room painted.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Painted....hard to take pics now, as it is really dark.

Same in the den....dark paint, light rearranging, I know it's not ideal, but has to fit people and be aesthetically pleasing too.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Update of living room 2 channel

and gotta have one all glowy and such

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Bravo Greg Bravo!!

The overall feel of both rooms is great! Warm & inviting, just my style. Looks almost identical to the dark grey i used in my livingroom. (Behr "Seal" Flat)

Could you list all your equipment in your signature?

How do you like the DA Titanic 15"s?

With that size theater room i know those subs pound hard!! Now just add 2 more in the back of the room :)...

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Bravo Greg Bravo!!

The overall feel of both rooms is great! Warm & inviting, just my style. Looks almost identical to the dark grey i used in my livingroom. (Behr "Seal" Flat)

Could you list all your equipment in your signature?

How do you like the DA Titanic 15"s?

With that size theater room i know those subs pound hard!! Now just add 2 more in the back of the room :)...
Need to do some "decorating" to make the room a little nicer, but still haven't gotten 'round to it. The color is Valspar "Ocean Storm" slightly blue/green tint in person.

Equipment is on 1st page I believe, haven't changed it:
Pioneer Elite VSX92TXh, Pioneer Elite BDP23FD, Monster HTS2600, Xbox 360 120g w/HD DVD drive, Boston Acoustics VR940 (pulled the VR965s to storage that were there previously, as the matching to the center is much smoother) VR920 center, VRS surrounds, plus the Titanics you see. Monster and Ethereal wired. Viewsonic Pro8100 projector, DIY 120" screen.

I love the Daytons. For the cost, they are ridiculous. Reach very deep, 17hz, and quite smooth in room overall. Don't feel that I need more, as the gain is quite low on them to maintain reference and not overpower everything else!

The living room contains the Yaqin MC-100B KT88 based integrated tube amplifier (60w/channel), Magnepan MG1.5Qr's, currently using a Pioneer Elite DV54A universal disc player as source. Also a 50" Panasonic plasma and slim Xbox360 250g

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Added an older H/K T40 turntable. (sort of)
Found at thrift in beautiful condition, currently making the plinth black and pretty with automotive finish, and hunting for a decent, entry-level phono pre....pics soon

I know most don't care for vinyl, but hell, I already use tubes in triode, so apparently a pitch perfect reproduction of a recording isn't exactly what I'm after....

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Are you kidding?...Vinyl is the best reproduction of audio!

Hey look into the Rolls Bellari VP130 Tube Preamp. I just bought one from NeedleDr.com & am loving it!! Highly recommended for an entry level preamp.

Look into upgrading the cartidge/stylus if it's needed. I just got an Ortofon 2M-red & it made a very noticable improvement over my old Stanton500. Careful...Vinyl is addicting :)

D

Dominic90

Banned
this looks nice cant quite tell what receiver is that and what speakers you got

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis