DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silverbullet

Audioholic Intern
Some people just don't get a clue! Even after being given a heads up, this joker is STILL referring people! DENSE!

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
He registered on their site on Saturday, two days after the indictment, but if he's only been looking around there and wasn't very observant he could potentially have no idea that Mark is in jail or why he is there. If anybody still has an active account over there, they could always PM him and tell him to warn his buddy.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
There is also someone in the av123 classifieds offering $500 in av123 credit for $400. He seems to have gotten an offer (shockingly) for $375 and (even more shockingly) rejected it! I would think that 75 cents on the dollar for av123 credit right about now is a pretty good deal for the seller.

I don't even think I could sell the credit in good conscience. I'd buy something and then re-sell it.

M

mannoiaj

Junior Audioholic
There is also someone in the av123 classifieds offering $500 in av123 credit for $400. He seems to have gotten an offer (shockingly) for $375 and (even more shockingly) rejected it! I would think that 75 cents on the dollar for av123 credit right about now is a pretty good deal for the seller.

I don't even think I could sell the credit in good conscience. I'd buy something and then re-sell it.
I'd be worried that I wouldn't get what I ordered, even if in stock. I wouldn't put any money even on some speaker wire that they've had lying around for years.

S

silverbullet

Audioholic Intern
He registered on their site on Saturday, two days after the indictment, but if he's only been looking around there and wasn't very observant he could potentially have no idea that Mark is in jail or why he is there. If anybody still has an active account over there, they could always PM him and tell him to warn his buddy.
There have been at least two members over there that PMd him and were immediately banned. I don't know if the mods are somehow filtering PMs or what. I also told him about this and included a few links, but of course they were deleted.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'm'a bust some heads if y'all drove off my best moderator over this crud...
Please never let Bill Gates or Steve Jobs get indicted, I don't know how I would keep the HTPC forum in line:D

I think this thread has run it's course as to the direct concerns of AV123 and their product as it pertains to the audio nut. Maybe time to lock it up? Everyone else can use Google to keep up on the happenings of MLS.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
I'm guessing posts got deleted? Can't make sense of this latest twist... Who broke Matt? :eek:

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
I'm sure that place would put a severe strain on anybody's sanity, given that it's pretty much the 'mini-me' or 'me too' of Schifter/av123.com... I tend to make a point not to visit places like this, I believe that once you enter such unholy place, you never leave quite whole, as a part of your soul dies or maybe gets devoured by it... :eek: Just reading about the bans, deleted posts/threads and stuff from here... Mieh!

majorloser

majorloser

Tweak City broke him down.
The place that shall not be named...

That place is full of a-holes. They seem to have no problem calling the members of AH and us moderators names.

Just to get the facts straight, the boss-hole for "that place" got banned from AH for getting smart with Gene in PM's and posting their private conversations in public. Then he wants to say his posts here on AH weren't "pimping" his forum. Yet to this day he doesn't think he was marketing his company when even I told him in a joking manner he was "pimping". And that was after he made a post repeating the company name many times to say he wasn't trying to advertise the company. Mind you every one of his posts also had a signature with a link to his store. :rolleyes:

But that's the absolute last time for that saga to make it back into this forum. Let them have their little happy piece of the internet to themselves and we'll stay in ours.

So, in keeping with Matt's request that this thread be only about AV123 and it's downward slide, I too will be watching this thread much closer.

But I will admit, I'll be thrilled to death if MS gets convicted or AV123 goes out of business. 'Cause I'll be the first one to delete this damn thread.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I guess it was me but I didn't know one couldn't speak of one ahole but could freely rip another ahole. Neither can defend themselves.

Oh well, Have fun ya'll!!

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
There have been at least two members over there that PMd him and were immediately banned. I don't know if the mods are somehow filtering PMs or what. I also told him about this and included a few links, but of course they were deleted.
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they just set that name up to create hype and make it appear as though things are just normal. So basically it would be people PM'ing that guy are actually just PM'ing AV123. As slimy as that sounds, it is less slimy than reading other people's private messages. The whole post seems fishy given the timing.

majorloser

majorloser

I guess it was me but I didn't know one couldn't speak of one ahole but could freely rip another ahole. Neither can defend themselves.

Oh well, Have fun ya'll!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only one of them has been banned from this site and can't defend himself.

The other has chosen not to post any rebutal.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
My god man, Craig has some serious issues going... Reminds me of this: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2010/02/26/calgary-woman-peanutallergy.html This guy, or should I say man, Chase, seems like a 10 year old spoiled child...

Originally Posted by craigsub
Matt ... I am not barking up the wrong tree. You ACCEPTED being a mod there.

You have 2 choices, either find where I pimped my products, because YOU said that was why I was banned, or be a man and stand up to Gene.

One way of being a man is to tell him he was way off base. He was not joking when he said I was pimping. He lied about our conversation in open forum, and is too big a wimp to even let me respond.

You can be "out" if you want. But I am calling you on this. YOU are wrong in this. Period.
What the hell is that? That guy seems absolutely insane to me. I don't understand why you simply didn't ignore this lunatic... See, this is exactly why I don't want to go to TAC or or whatever his site is... To play his game on his ground is suicidal, you don't go in an asylum to argue with lunatics... Everything I've seen from this guy hints that he has serious issues going on, man, just forget all of that, it has nothing to do with being a mod, which it seemed to me like you were doing a very good job here... Would be sad to see you go for bs like that... :eek: I'm sure Schifter fraud had to do with this... But anyhow, I can see how one would outgrow all of this, so if you still decide to go that route, good luck man! :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
craigsub said:
Matt, It has come to my attention that Gene is allowing a lot of bashing of both me and my company on Audioholics.

He also not only banned me, he has made it so my IP address cannot even view the forum.

We can handle this one of 2 ways:

1. He can stop with the idiotic statements like I am "pimping" my site on Audioholics and also allow me to at least view the site

or

2. I can go the legal route on this

Please, check with him and get back to me.
he had me at
2. I can go the legal route on this
wot?

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
matt34 is a class act and a good moderator. Matt, don't let that other guy bother you in the least. He chose his side and now he has to live with it. (Hint Chu wasn't his side)

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
matt34 is a class act and a good moderator. Matt, don't let that other guy bother you in the least.
I'll second this. Hang around, relax, and don't let certain people suck the fun out of this hobby and community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis