DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Was an "offending" post deleted, or did you get into it via PM?
His last post was deleted. He chose to respond to a harassing PM from the proprietor publicly.

FWIW, the post was rather brilliant.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Well, for the first time ever I have been banned from a forum. Can't tell you which one but the initials are T.C.A. ;)

Apparently, someone doesn't like to be challenged. :rolleyes:
Someone really doesn't like it when he is challenged by someone who makes more cogent points than he does. Given how easy it is to do that it is equally easy to understand why his panties have been in such a bunch lately.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
His last post was deleted. He chose to respond to a harassing PM from the proprietor publicly.

FWIW, the post was rather brilliant.
Sorry I missed that post; Harmon's stuff is good.

So Seth, have you been "asked nicely" to leave the TCA grounds? I think you were "unbanned" the other day.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Well, for the first time ever I have been banned from a forum. Can't tell you which one but the initials are T.C.A. ;)

Apparently, someone doesn't like to be challenged. :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear that, Harmon. For what it's worth, I saw your posts and thought they were well written.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Quad, I'm sure you took the other party to task for acting like an infant & throwing repeated temper tantrums too right? It takes two to tango, and quite frankly Matt has conducted himself in a far more professional manner than his sparing partner.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
If your question remains, ask one of the mods for the reason for their decision. I've had a few posts here deleted but then they were kind of pricky posts :)

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
I'm not sure Quad, but I've been around enough forums to think that if you call a moderator a child, whether you think it is deserved or not, your post is going to be deleted, and you yourself might be invited to leave. Some might send you a PM and explain why the action was taken, others might just delete the post or ban you with no explanation whatsoever, whereas others might delete and or ban then make a few posts about you as a nice parting shot. But I wouldn't get too upset about it. And if you think this forum is somehow different in that respect, then I suggest you go try it somewhere else. Seems that everything posted on AV123 is deleted these days, but you could go to AVS and tell David Bott he's acting like a child. See how that works out.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Now this has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. I've been laughing all morning after reading this. :D

John E. Johnson Jr. posted the following:
John E. Johnson Jr. said:
I was told that there are some lower end A/V forums out there that are piling on Mark Schifter with insults and accusations. This is what one would expect from the lower classes I guess.
To which Bighe Wallie replied with:
Bighe Wallie said:
Indeed, good sir. I was aghast over reading such to the extent that my top hat shot off of my head and my monocle became dislodged. Why in fact, not a single one of these urchins lost more than my monthly mustache wax budget.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
This may be the best, all time response ever made!!!

In this thread, Bighe Wallie wrote the following:

Reply by Bighe Wallie
Indeed, good sir. I was aghast over reading such to the extent that my top hat shot off of my head and my monocle became dislodged. Why in fact, not a single one of these urchins lost more than my monthly mustache wax budget.

John E. Johnson, Jr. said:
I was told that there are some lower end A/V forums out there that are piling on Mark Schifter with insults and accusations. This is what one would expect from the lower classes I guess.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You're too slow Chu. :p
Ya got me. I still can't stop laughing at it. The outright pomposity of Johnson deftly parried by such sarcastic brilliance!! Should I post his reply to me on my first post which he deleted?

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
Ya got me. I still can't stop laughing at it. The outright pomposity of Johnson deftly parried by such sarcastic brilliance!! Should I post his reply to me on my first post which he deleted?
That is an affirmative. Post away.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Ya got me. I still can't stop laughing at it.
Neither can I. My wife kept asking me what I was laughing about all morning.
Should I post his reply to me on my first post which he deleted?
Sure, why not? I didn't see your first post (that he deleted) or his reply.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
That was as funny a retort as I have seen.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Big Wally's post really was classic - perhaps the best possible response to J E Johnson's uninformed and insulting remark. Sure, I am not happy about the pissing contests that have been spawned over the past week by Mark's mis-deeds. I've tried to stay out of the worst of it, but it's hard to do. To write off the facts of the matter by calling all of us "lower class" and relying solely on a single phone call to AV123 as a form of fact-checking is just absurd. What are they going to say?

"Yes, mister AV website editor, our president - the man who most consumers see as the linchpin of our organization, has stolen from hundreds of people and is now sitting in Boulder Jail. We are selling all the MFW-15's and ELT525's we can and deleting every post in our forum that might hint at our current predicament, but we fear that we have months or maybe weeks until we're completely screwed. Want to review one of our five remaining products?"

Please... He needs to actually invest some effort in research before he spouts off. Relying on casual encounters at trade shows and one phone call is wholly insufficient.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have my first post, but what I said to Johnson is that he didn't know what he was talking about and that he ought to read AH. Further, if he wanted more information he should email seeing as my membership there has my particulars. OK, so this is what I received back from him

Subject: Mark Schifter

"Chu - I removed your remark because you are not qualified to state whether my theory is valid or not. I have a Masters degree in Psychology and a doctorate in Neuroscience. I am Editor-in-Chief of a major neuroscience medical journal that most medical schools subscribe to. Whatever Mark had done, unless you have interviewed him in a clinical psychology environment, you can only post your own theory. You do not know what is going through his mind and have no idea what stresses he has been under. I have spoken with him about his activities in Russia and China, his travel schedule, and am familiar with other stressors in his life that you are probably not aware of."
Think he knows Schifter better than all of you know him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis