DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I doubt you'll get a replacement base any time soon. If the issue was one where there was a threaded insert and your spike isn't going in, you probably might know someone who has a tap & die set and can just tap the insert to restore the threads.

Z

zvardanian

Audioholic Intern
I had asked the question about warranty. Seems it's AV123/Sennheiser?

I

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, but looking at their forum, I haven't seen Shifty step up and say, harumph, of course we're an authorized dealer. For all you doubting Chu's here's a PDF of the letter saying we are. All we've got is assistant propoganda minister Jess doing his version of the bobble head response. Like I said, there's a number that you can reach Sennheiser at. Just call them, hit '0', and ask to speak to someone about warranties and authorized dealers. Now, I've been told that Mr. Pu is an authorized Sennheiser dealer but whether it's in this country or somewhere else, I don't know. I don't think the blood between Shifty and Pu is all that good despite whatever spins might've come out of his mouth. Either way, they don't have enough product to meet existing non-demand.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I seem to remember reading,

at 123 when Shifty posted this milestone:

The Next KILLER Deal... Celebrating our 10,000th Registered Forum User...
I sort of figure --- why not?

Several of you missed out on the x-omni deal... OK - I'm sorry for that...

OTOH... what about some fun with the x-cs encores...

I love this speaker - and as we have a fair bit of overstock on two finishes - this will "stock balance" us real good...

Here's the deal... (no one can really me - it's the end of the week)

x-cs in Moho Natural Satin or Cherry Rosa Satin...

$99 dollars each - and I'll throw in the freight FREE OF CHARGE...
Come and get them... very limited stock... so move quickly...

ENJOY...

All the best...

mls
So, I found it interesting that either the math was bad or maybe there was a forum glitch, because today I read at the bottom of the forum's page,
Threads: 36,783, Posts: 672,810, Members: 9,897
I guess it was easy to do so seeing as how that place is just a beehive of activity with the thousands of people just chattering away.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Chu, they are probably counting banned members to make 10,000. :D
Could be :D Now if only 1% of those were regularly posting the place wouldn't look like they're having a wake with Danny Boy playing in the background.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Could be :D Now if only 1% of those were regularly posting the place wouldn't look like they're having a wake with Danny Boy playing in the background.
What's funny is that in the couple of years I was actively involved at av123 there were always huge spikes in forum activity when there was a controversy afoot. Something would blow up on avsforum, for example, and all of a sudden 2 or 3 times as many folks were on av123's forum for a while. I'm sure the intrigue generated customers. Now, with sort of a constant state of intrigue (to say the least), and no discussions about it allowed on av123 forum, I imagine they are not seeing that sort of bounce like they used to.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
If they allowed it, that'd be the overriding theme. The only realistic solution is to make good on all the raffles, pay people what you owe them, and settle all other outstanding obligations whether in cash or product expeditiously. Who knows, maybe he'll hit a rainmaker. Win the lottery or maybe someone will die and leave him everything.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You know...

We're at the point that if every single view of this thread generated $1, we'd have just about what we need to fund every single raffle. 'Course, that would mean that someone would still have not repaid the shortfalls.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
On this Christmas Eve, I'd like to thank everyone who has kept this matter in the forefront of the public's attention by posting here as well as on other websites. I also want to thank those that have provided useful information on any number of issues which have helped define the scope and extent of the problems. In particular thank you to *** over at VA321. You did the right thing.

Mark, I know you read this. I know you've looked for ways to shut this thread down but the only way this thread is going to run its course is if you get off your arse and stop talking about how you've got a plan in place. And lest you think I'm just guessing about your efforts to do a Hugo Chavez on this thread and others, let me tell you that I know you've got money coming as a result of an estate being settled. You want to run your business, fine. When the money comes in, you start doing the right thing. Pronto! You make it a point to see that Derek, Ballet Nouveau, Hugh's friend who died, and Sloan Kettering get the money you raised and never sent. Don't play games with the numbers. We know what they are. You make it a point to get those speakers to all the people who paid for them or refund the money. Stop playing the game of Uniaudio is going to make the LS cabs, then it's Lucid, then it's Ruben, then it's back to Lucid. Stop it already! I don't know the Ninja but hearing how he got dicked around with half the parts and second grade cabinets, well that's not going to cut it. From what people have said, he worked his arse off for you and even now his post on your forum makes you look good. There's other stuff too, Mark. You make sure you take some of that estate money and pay the people who worked for you what they're owed. That's my agenda. That's my motive. I want the same thing you want Mark. When you go shopping and you buy groceries, you expect to get all your groceries that you paid for. Not 25% or less. You do the right thing, this thread will end. Don't piss away the money on watches or pens. Settle your obligations promptly.

And to everyone, a very Merry Christmas. I love you all.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well unless he's selling stuff and getting commissions, he's just an unpaid person who is looking to help Schifter out. He has expressed deep gratitude for Mark's generosity for providing him with 2 months of severance even though there was no obligation on Schifter's part to do so, when he left sometime back. I imagine this is his way of demonstrating his appreciation.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The psychics have spoken

The question is raised and the faithful respond.
gwilks98 said:
Sure they've had moments that made people question their viability. BUT, with what I've heard from their product line, AV123 isn't going anywhere but up.
Blackzarg said:
In some ways, I think the OP has a valid point. I don't believe AV123 is going under any time soon
gtu2004 said:
From their lips to God's ears.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
123 Product Literature

For all you MFW-15 owners who have owned this sub over the past year, month or days...get your advanced copy of the MFW-15 owners manual today :cool:. Whats the last 1%?

References (thread): MFW-15 LFE jack came off:(

That really sucks. AV123 has no owners manual for the MFW but they say to use the UFW 10's owners manual. Heres a link to it and on page 7 (pdf format) it tells you how to hook it up using the L & R stereo inputs

http://www.av123.com//manuals/rocket..._manual_v3.pdf
We actually DO have a manual for this now... It's 99% complete... if anyone wants one send me some mail at mls@av123.com - I will forward it to you...

Thanks...

mls

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well now that all the 6 or 7 weeks of sales are over

what now? Can't be much more broken X's left to sell. His garage or basement must be basically cleaned out of stuff that needs a little TLC. What are some of the things that people can look forward to that have been spoken of as being just around the corner seeing how there's only a few more days till we turn that corner?

Well, there's the RSL-II's and another announcement of the opening of the new website to pimp...err...sell those. But, will Arnie Nudell be trotted out once more?

Then there's those fantastic waveguide speakers with the ceramic something or other tweeter or was it woofer speakers that he's penciled some drawings of.

Some new subs were talked about. Dual 8's or something.

Oh, and I forgot. The plan that's in place that all will hear about shortly. Something that the team was developing.
Hot Rod Kit.

Some talk about how a forum member who also was a lawyer was drawing up contracts that would allow people around the country to be able to open up their homes to prospective buyers and acting as remote showrooms and emmisaries for some sort of compensation.

What did I miss? Will any of this come to pass?

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I have some suggestions for new product names

You could spin off the Rockets name to Rackets, Rickets, Ruckus.

You could name the products after famous ships like

The Lusitania
The Titanic
The Edmund Fitzgerald
The Andria Doria
The Bismark

Catchy, right?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
123 has a lot of new years resolutions to take care of first. It would be a shame if that would get eaten away by the R & D department (if they have one :p) when existing customers are getting screwed around.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
That's the 2nd time I've read of that happening. A previous incident happened to another user in the past where the jack pulled out. I found it interesting in this latest incident, Mark didn't jump in and offer any assistance (to swap out the amp, etc.) for this user. Sure, the user's cable might have been tight, but the sub-par amp quality is equally to blame.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
For all you MFW-15 owners who have owned this sub over the past year, month or days...get your advanced copy of the MFW-15 owners manual today :cool:. Whats the last 1%?

Wow - they are 99% done with the manual for a subwoofer that they've had in production for over two years now!? I hate to think about how many hundreds (thousands?) of pages of building specifications I've generated since the MFW-15 started shipping. For that matter, I wonder how many OPPO Digital disc player manual drafts I've proof-read during that same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis