DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, it's a good thing for sure. I don't know if we'll ever get an accurate accounting of just how many causes, people and companies have been stiffed and for how much. Never mind that, over what period of time? I kind of laughed to myself when I read him saying how his granddaughter was dancing, presumably at Ballet Nouveau, in the Nutcracker. Nutcracker. How apropos. There's been a whole lof of nuts cracked for sure. A whole lot of stories told, promises made, bounced checks, new products that exist only on a drawing board, and an awful lot of unexcused illnesses.

There are things I miss though. I miss hearing stories about good old Graham or the cat that liked to curl up to a sub. Or the ones about the Rhodesian Ridgeback that was bought and sent to Khabarovsk, Russia. What fun those orphans must've had playing with the dog and hearing of its fearless heart and that of the man whose large heart marshalled up tens of thousands of dollars that were sent to the orphanage so their lives could be made just a little better.

Peace out and before I forget,

Humbly bumbly folks!

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I kind of laughed to myself when I read him saying how his granddaughter was dancing, presumably at Ballet Nouveau, in the Nutcracker. Nutcracker. How apropos. There's been a whole lof of nuts cracked for sure. A whole lot of stories told, promises made, bounced checks, new products that exist only on a drawing board, and an awful lot of unexcused illnesses.
My favorite is how he was able to respond to a few support requests during the intermission of the ballet. Such dedication. :rolleyes:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Twas the night before Christmas parody

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

We waited for Santa Shifty, that old no good louse;

A credit card was hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that old Shifty soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of dad's RSL-II's danced in their heads;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Were waiting for the arrival of that shifty sap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a hum,

Was my MFW-15's amp once again acting dumb?

I checked my wallet to make sure it still had cash,

Then ran down the stairs just like the Flash.

The security lights were shining on the snow

Making sure we could see if Shifty was out on the snow,

My hands went to my eyes and began to rub,

I stared out in wonderment at the eight humming subs,

And there he stood and pointed at me,

That's when I knew, this was old Santa Shifty.

He unloaded the subs with their bright cracked veneer,

Then he pointed at them and said hey they're finally here;

"There's Hummer! and Flapper! Screwy and Raffle-in!

Look at my B-stock, they all need some fixen'!

Come on you bastards, pump out some bass!

Make enough pressure to lift my fat ***!"

So up to the house-top old Shifty flew,

With a load of B-stock and St. Shifty too.

What did I hear up there on the roof

But Shifty counting his ill-gotten loot.

As I checked my wallet, and was turning around,

Down the chimney Shifty came with a bound.

He was dressed all in teflon, from his head to his foot,

Nothing ever stuck to him, not even the soot;

Speakers and subs he carried on his back,

I've got just what you need right here in this sack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

Just like a high school kid looking for cherry!

His started to speak as he asked for some cash,

I know they're not working but don't call them trash;

Here's a picture of an RSL-II,it's only six thousand bucks;

I'll get you the speaker next week, with a little bit of luck;

Thanks for the three thousand you sent for your mojo LS-9,

When I get the ports and flares, you'll feel mighty fine.

I'm running some raffles for those orphange kids,

Won't you buy 20 so they can get clothes that fit?

As he kept talking and nodding his head,

A feeling came over me, I'm sure it was dread;

Doing charitable deeds and making great products is mighty tough work,

While in his head he wondered how much money he could get out of this jerk?

He put the cash in his pocket then wrinkled his nose,

And with that, up the chimney he rose;

My wife said what the hell did you just do,

Nothing here works, he just played you for a fool.

But I heard him exclaim, before he left us with screws that weren't tight,

"Humbly bumbly to all, and to all a good-night."

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
In a last ditch attempt...

a new, and probably the last movie for the year has been released in the hopes that it will be nominated for the upcoming Oscars. Join us as we take a look at karma and wonder, 'what if'? What if there really was a visit to a hospital, but not just any ordinary hospital. This is the hospital you come to when you make a wrong turn on the highway of destiny and it takes you to a very special place that's not quite Longmont, but what we all know as The Twilight Zone! Written and directed by OscarMayer.

Enjoy it and please email Hollywood and Bollywood. Let's see this picture get an award already! Click here.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Oh what a Shifty web we weave,

when we practice to deceive. So, where am I going with this you say? Well I just read over at chez-Longmont that the week six updates involve Sennheiser headphones. This is what it says.

Week Six Update - we can now hit the go button - Sennheiser Headphones are now @av123

Quick update for you folks looking for week 6 deals...

The long awaited paperwork from Sennheiser has arrived and we will be mating up the x-head with the sensational Senny HD555 headphones...

Look for the mail out tomorrow - to be followed up by the Twin Towers Mailing (Rocket RS 850 OR RS450 deal)... I think you'll like what we have cooking for you at the av123 "kitchen"...

All the best...

mls
Now, being the skeptical person I am whenever something is uttered from there, I decided to call Sennheiser at 860-434-9190. Eventually I just punched '0', got to the operator and asked the question near and dear to my heart. 'In order to get warranty service on a set of headphones, do they have to be bought from an authorized dealer?' Now, Shifty says they just got paperwork from Sennheiser, mind you, and for anyone reading that I would think they'd assume that meant the consumer would have no problems getting them serviced if need be, right? Well I was connected to someone named Jeff and Jeff said that indeed, you had to have bought the product from an authorized source and he had all the latest sources at his figertips. So, what did Jeff say? He said no! They have no listing for AV123, Perpetual Technologies, or the Graham Company.

So, if you want to take advantage of these headphones which can be bought online just be sure you're prepared to deal with the fact these are gray market goods and your warranty will depend upon AV123.

Of course, Jeff could be wrong. So just like the raffles, if he's got a letter, how's about publishing it to establish a little trust during this giving season.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
a new, and probably the last movie for the year has been released in the hopes that it will be nominated for the upcoming Oscars. Join us as we take a look at karma and wonder, 'what if'? What if there really was a visit to a hospital, but not just any ordinary hospital. This is the hospital you come to when you make a wrong turn on the highway of destiny and it takes you to a very special place that's not quite Longmont, but what we all know as The Twilight Zone! Written and directed by OscarMayer.

Enjoy it and please email Hollywood and Bollywood. Let's see this picture get an award already! Click
Teehat was hilarious!

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Translating Shifty Talk

On his Week 6 Update, which is the bundled special of the headphone amps + a set of Sennheiser HD 555 headphones, he wrote:

Short reply here about the week six sale of the x-heads/Senny HD-555 headphones...

We will not be getting nearly enough of these to satisfy demand (sadly)... Therefore - I am simply going to ask that those interested please send a note to sales@av123.com and register your interest... We will try to do our best to satisfy all of the demand...

Cut off time is Wednesday at 5PM...

Thank You...

Mark
This suggests stuff was just flying off the shelves as orders flooded the lines. A better translation is "We're not going to order any HD 555's from our distributor because it turned out no one was interested in the headphone amps that we had laying around."

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Or Sennheiser contacted them and told them to quit selling unauthorized goods so he just moved it off the site to private email sales. Sounds familiar.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
I like the comment made in that thread how the guy would rather buy from av123 than someone else. WTF? WHY? I just don't understand some people. The only explanation I can come up with (other than just profound ignorance, which would be surprising considering all the negative "press") is that some of these people are hoping that av123 regains their former glory and they figure if they kiss enough *** now maybe MLS will be hosting GTGs at their house and giving them free speakers to test and flying them off to Venice in the av123 jet for dinner.

Personally I find saying I'd rather buy audio gear from av123 almost as distasteful as saying I'd rather buy ibuprofen from Josef Mengele.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Somobody asked about the warranty on the headphones and there was no direct response from 123 that it is an authorized dealer of Sennheiser. Now if you have proof of purchase from an unauthorized dealer, no dice on Sennheiser honoring the warranty, correct?

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Somobody asked about the warranty on the headphones and there was no direct response from 123 that it is an authorized dealer of Sennheiser. Now if you have proof of purchase from an unauthorized dealer, no dice on Sennheiser honoring the warranty, correct?
Jess said they could be warranted through av123 or Sennheiser directly.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It has never been stated up to this point that they are indeed an authorized dealer of Sennheiser. It would be something you would want to disclose in the sale or I dare say brag about through their marketing.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
That is what was explained to me when I called them. However, don't trust me as it is said I have an agenda. Call the number I gave and hit '0'.
Jess is just a trusting soul. He should call the number too. Maybe the list of authorized internet e-tailers has been updated.

It has never been stated up to this point that they are indeed an authorized dealer of Sennheiser. It would be something you would want to disclose in the sale or I dare say brag about through their marketing.
You would think, but MLS has developed a substantial skill set with respect to misdirection over the years. Who knows what "The long awaited paperwork from Sennheiser has arrived ... means? It could've meant a rejection letter, paperwork to apply to be an authorized dealer, a brochure, or anything.

I didn't think that Jess worked at AV123 anymore.
Well it says he's an Adminstrator which probably means he enjoys the benefits of being unpaid and a guaranteed humbly, bumbly wake up call.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Let me a bit more clear about my previous statement and that the term authorized dealer with emphasis on authorized has not been used over at 123. Does it cost money to become an authorized dealer?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't ask that question, Bear (is there another name I can call you :D) when I called. I got the impression when speaking that you have to meet some criteria relating to product stock and something resembling a representation of a wide enough product line. He does know people who are large scale distributors and who have provided him product in the past both legit and gray market.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Let me a bit more clear about my previous statement and that the term authorized dealer with emphasis on authorized has not been used over at 123. Does it cost money to become an authorized dealer?
No I don't believe so but being an authorized dealer means your company is representing another companys products. AV123 (specifically MLS) has done some shady business in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly uncovered some details of this and others.

On another note I haven't heard back from MLS since our last conversation about fixing the spikes for my X-Omni's. This is the last nail in the coffin as far as my purchases go at AV123.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis