DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dane

Audioholic Intern
Why would you want to see a company that has known to defraud its customers on multiple levels - be it on products, refunds and a raffle scam continue to succeed?
I was agreeing with the idealized portion of the post that I quoted... I was simply saying that the 5.2 setup I purchased six years ago is still a very enjoyable set of speakers to listen to, and in that frame of reference it would be great if more people could get their hands on quality home audio products. I did not say that I wanted to see any scams started/continued.

..dane

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
From what I understand, there are countless companies that manufacture in China and other low labor cost environments in order to keep COGS low. It seems Mark was able to take it to a whole new level with his patented "Zero Cost Manufacturing". ZCM is a system where you order lots of gear from China, sell it in the US, and then simply ignore the bill from China.
Is actually revolutionary. Instead of the manufacturer cutting out the middle man, the middle man is cutting out the manufacturer. It would be the single greatest economic advancement in the history of mankind since Adam Smith if it didn't happen to also be illegal.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Maybe he's an honorary President. Or maybe he's El Presidente. Could be a President Emeritus. Or maybe he's an indicted sitting President. He can call himself anything he wants. I'm sure it's spelled out in the company's charter. :rolleyes:
One very remote possibility is that he sold it and was asked to stay on at some capacity. These are usually called golden hand cuff deals.... But in this case it might just be fear of actual steel ones.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
Does anyone have the physical address of their showroom in Colorado?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You could always call and ask Kyle. The BBB lists the address as follows.

AV123
1001 Delaware Ave Ste C
Longmont, CO 80501-6190

Remember when ordering there's a discount for cash.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Not a problem - Shifty sold the mirrors on Craig's list long ago to help pay for his criminal defense.
Really? I had assumed that they had broken all the mirrors. 7 years of bad, bad luck @ VA321. ;)

B

BWG707

Audioholic
I wonder where MLS fits in on the "new" payscale of the reorganized company. Will he still be top $$ dog?

Matt34

Matt34

I wonder where MLS fits in on the "new" payscale of the reorganized company. Will he still be top $$ dog?
I love how they keep referring to themselves as some "huge" operation with all these different positions/departments when all of us know damn well they don't have but a handful of employees.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I love how they keep referring to themselves as some "huge" operation with all these different positions/departments when all of us know damn well they don't have but a handful of employees.
LOL. Nothing ever changes. The funny thing is that he is still an employee. Same corrupt company.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
OK, Manuel. A little more steam here. We need to get that trademark veneer splitting.

Love the home irons, very professional and very high end, also you can see the mastercraftsman (Schifter) teaching to the cheapest labor on earth how to apply veneer. Very reassuring. Wouldn't have surprised me to then see him spit on the veneer and wiping it with his shirt's sleeve...

Schifter: "No see you put some heat here, then press it with your thumb, like this"
Worker: "Nuk bok tobuk?"
Schifter: "Yeah just like that, and you keep on going, that doesn't matter just keep going, that's ok, keep going, we'll just sell it as A-Stock and say it was damaged by the shipping, btw, I have no idea what you've just said..."

The other guy on the left with the cap is thinking: "How does this work again? I can't remember how to do this... When he asked if I had ironing experience I thought I would iron cloth not wood!"

:p

Last edited:
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
LOL. Nothing ever changes. The funny thing is that he is still an employee. Same corrupt company.
One could theorize that he's now an outside consultant (as part of the entirely separate entity "The Audio Design Groupe") rather than a salaried employee - which of course means that AV123 can use his design services and then not pay him, as required by the product development portion of their "Zero Cost Manufacturing" business model.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Love the home irons, very professional and very high end, also you can see the mastercraftsman (Schifter) teaching to the cheapest labor on earth how to apply veneer. Very reassuring. Wouldn't have surprised me to then see him spit on the veneer and wiping it with his shirt's sleeve...

Schifter: "No see you put some heat here, then press it with your thumb, like this"
Worker: "Nuk bok tobuk?"
Schifter: "Yeah just like that, and you keep on going, that doesn't matter just keep going, that's ok, keep going, we'll just sell it as A-Stock and say it was damaged by the shipping, btw, I have no idea what you've just said..."

The other guy on the left with the cap is thinking: "How does this work again? I can't remember how to do this... When he asked if I had ironing experience I thought I would iron cloth not wood!"

:p
It's pictures like those, Girgle, that make me wonder why people's heads weren't exploding with WTF balloons. I would expect that if I was making something that required heat and pressure to make a good, long lasting bond, I just might try using a steam iron. But for commercial production purposes, you need to buy the kinds of devices that can apply both uniform pressure and temperature over the entire surface. If they'd stuck to painted or applied a top quality vinyl, they wouldn't have had all the finish issues. Calling UniAudio a factory was being overly gracious, IMO.

majorloser

majorloser

I thought under the new company organizational chart MLS was getting paid in cigarettes and candy bars. :rolleyes:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If they'd stuck to painted or applied a top quality vinyl, they wouldn't have had all the finish issues. Calling UniAudio a factory was being overly gracious, IMO.
No no no. Along with the concept of zero cost manufacturing, providing B,C and Z-Stock just added more savings to be passed onto the consumer :rolleyes: . Remember in the 451 sales pitches, they always touted a fit-finish, build and sound quality that was unmatched in the (ID) industry :rolleyes: only to be rivaled by much more expensive brands like Revel and Dynaudio.

Last edited:
M

mhawker

Audioholic
Persona Non Grata

Looks like I'm persona non grata at av123. I sent an email to see if I could stop by the showroom/ office while I'm visiting family here in Longmont.

Guess when MLS told me he "always remembers the people who help him" he meant, "You'll never be allowed in our office"

Mike,

Due to the circumstances surrounding yourself, your family and one of our owners, we will not be able to receive you at our offices. If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them via email or phone if you would like. I hope you have a pleasant trip here in Colorado and make sure you get out to the mountains if you can. There are a lot of good trails and bike paths.

Thanks!

Kyle Steidle
p: (303) 543-7500 x304 / f: (720) 494-1751
kyle@av123.com / www.av123.com

V

Volta

Audioholic Intern
Looks like I'm persona non grata at av123. I sent an email to see if I could stop by the showroom/ office while I'm visiting family here in Longmont.

Guess when MLS told me he "always remembers the people who help him" he meant, "You'll never be allowed in our office"

Whoa, what's all that about? Kinda rude, unless there is something more going on.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic

Guess that means mls is still an owner???

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis