DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
Looks like your posts are gone.

Hater spam is probably accurate. You hate being lied to, cheated and robbed. Nothing wrong with that. Hater spam, indeed.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I can only offer my apology to anyone here whom I have offended in the past,present,or future on this.
It takes a big man to admit mistakes, especially to do so publicly. As others (Jed, Chu, etc.) have pointed out, Mark effectively deceived a lot of people for a very long time. You are certainly not alone in falling victim to his tactics. Realizing the magnitude of that deception is a difficult process, but I'm glad you've been able to work through it and be honest with yourself about how he manipulated you and others.

If this causes my banning over there..I don't really care..I've asked about the LS-4 raffle..and my post is already being called Hater Spam.
"Hater Spam"? Wow. That's just sad. I'm glad to see you call AV123 out on the raffles, even if the post is likely to disappear soon. If they follow their recent pattern, I'll be happy to share space with you on the list I started a few posts back. ;)

The damage he has caused to individuals,charities,businesses,and to the audio community in whole is a disgrace.
Too true, and in all too many different ways.

B

bunnyma357

Audioholic Intern
You can add me to the banned list, surprised it took this long. Strangely, the posts are still up, but I imagine all traces of reality will be deleted in time.

Jim C

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I think you call add "tbag" and arthurs to that ban list as well.
The sad thing, is this probably ruins Todd's chances to get those spikes that Shifty was probably getting ready to put in the mail.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
The sad thing, is this probably ruins Todd's chances to get those spikes that Shifty was probably getting ready to put in the mail.
Are they the regular brass spikes that comes with the Rockets..If they are I can give him mine...I don't want them..

Mac

F

fanuminski

Enthusiast
I think calls for an old Beatles song!

(to the tune of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)

Picture your sub in a boat on a river,
With rosewoody trees and piano black skies.
Somebody quotes you, you answer adroitly,
A fan with kaleidoscope eyes.

Cellophane raffles of promise and green,
Towering over their heads.
Look for the man with the sun in his eyes,
And he’s gone.

{CHORUS}
MS in disguise with pre-pays,
MS in disguise with watches,
MS in disguise with raffles,
Ah... Ah...

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I got upgraded from a permanent ban late last September to a ban with IP ban last week.

Let's see if we can get a list going here. Banned AV123 members:

Matt34
gonk
Washburn
Zaluss
django1
droht
gkaste (if he's not banned now, the jail cell pic will fix that shortly)
wje (T2T at Audioholics)

I bet I'm forgetting a ton of others...
I think Mac could be added to that list very shortly.
http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=760244&postcount=28

Edit: Mac beat me to it. Thats what you get for taking a phone call in the middle of posting.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
OK, new list (since vBulletin didn't feel like letting me edit my earlier post):

Matt34
gonk
Washburn
Zaluss
django1
droht
wje (T2T at Audioholics)
arthurs
bunnyma357
Steve_vai_rules
NicolasKL
tesseract

I think that at present toddbagwell (tbag at Audioholics) and Mac remain unbanned at AV123.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
Mac,

Thanks for your post. We've all felt this to some degree or another. However, don't let the actions of MLS taint your views towards audio, video, music - or this hobby. It's a great hobby, with lots of great folks out there enjoying their systems, sharing great information and making new friends along the way.

Take care,
The problem with this is it has tainted my view of audio companies. I used to believe in taking companies words and allowing them to fulfill their promises. No longer

..All of them are suspect now..and either they live up to their promises..or they all can burn in hell as far as I am concerned. It's time I start honoring the long time saying of my state... Show Me... If they can't..then I ain't going to sit by and listen to any BS of why they can't..

Mac

B

bunnyma357

Audioholic Intern
OK, new list (since vBulletin didn't feel like letting me edit my earlier post):

Matt34
gonk
Washburn
Zaluss
django1
droht
wje (T2T at Audioholics)
arthurs
bunnyma357
Steve_vai_rules
NicolasKL
tesseract

I think that at present toddbagwell (tbag at Audioholics) and Mac remain unbanned at AV123.
This looks remarkably similar to a raffle tally over at AV123.

Jim C

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
It's time I start honoring the long time saying of my state... Show Me... If they can't..then I ain't going to sit by and listen to any BS of why they can't..
I wouldn't let what MLS and company have done taint your view of other audio companies...there are some very reputable ones out there.

"Show Me" is pretty much how I run my life. You repeatedly show me, and you gain my trust. Give me reason to be suspect, and you have to show me more.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The problem with this is it has tainted my view of audio companies. I used to believe in taking companies words and allowing them to fulfill their promises. No longer
..All of them are suspect now..and either they live up to their promises..or they all can burn in hell as far as I am concerned. It's time I start honoring the long time saying of my state... Show Me... If they can't..then I ain't going to sit by and listen to any BS of why they can't..

Mac
This is the view you should have for any company. A company(s) either lives up to their promise(s) or they don't. You can't let companies dictate, manipulate, and deceive consumers. 123 has had all these warning signs for the last 2.5 -3 years.

I don't blame you for being suspect of companies from now on - as consumers we all should be. That said the actions and business practices of 123 should not represent other companies. They are definitely the minority in this industry.

M

mziegler

Audioholic
Mac, even though you got into a bunch of fights, at least you never appeared in full denial--if I remember correctly, your main point was to let the legal process run its course.

There are some posts there I find difficult to believe.

In some ways the most damning ones are never posted--those who have been long time owners of the products and participants on the forum who do not post anymore.

Matt34

Matt34

There may be a video popping up this weekend...it may involve a certain brand of speakers and slugs from a 12ga shotgun. I just need to nut up and get over not having speakers for awhile. I'm a man of principles and can't stand having these speakers in my house and would feel "dirty" selling them to someone.

M

mziegler

Audioholic
Matt: you ever listen to Ascend?

There may be a video popping up this weekend...it may involve a certain brand of speakers and slugs from a 12ga shotgun. I just need to nut up and get over not having speakers for awhile. I'm a man of principles and can't stand having these speakers in my house and would feel "dirty" selling them to someone.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
Matt,

Do what you want, but destroying your speakers seems like a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face. If you like the speakers, keep them and enjoy them in the knowledge that you are one of the lucky ones who actually got what they paid for.

But if you do blow them up, by all means post a link. That would probably be cool to watch.

Matt34

Matt34

I haven't but it doesn't really matter at the moment. I'm broke and going to Korea soon and I'll just run a 2.1 system again for the wife using the cambridge A6 replicas. If I do get some speakers it will either be another set of the Infinity Primus or the tritrix MTM kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis