Denon Receiver and Pioneer Speaker Pairing Question: Too many watts?

• Thread starter dannylongshanks
  • Start date
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Now for a second recommendation if you want something that goes loud and crisp treble without sibilance and doesn’t take up lots of space. Get (5) and use one as a center speaker. It’s tough to find the original center as no one wants to part with it. For small speakers they are amazing. These are also in black piano finish and look amazing in person. Just get a good sub and you’re all set. It’s amazon if you don’t like em return them I doubt you will though. Edit you can hang these on the wall too as I see you have kids.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Now for a second recommendation if you want something that goes loud and crisp treble without sibilance and doesn’t take up lots of space. Get (5) and use one as a center speaker. It’s tough to find the original center as no one wants to part with it. For small speakers they are amazing. These are also in black piano finish and look amazing in person. Just get a good sub and you’re all set. It’s amazon if you don’t like em return them I doubt you will though. Edit you can hang these on the wall too as I see you have kids.

These and the subs you rec'd are new to me. The cylinder sub made me perk up a little tho. I think I do remember you giving some impressions on those speakers a li'l bit ago now...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
These and the subs you rec'd are new to me. The cylinder sub made me perk up a little tho. I think I do remember you giving some impressions on those speakers a li'l bit ago now...
Yes those Saga(NXG) are great IMO too bad there was never a pro review on them they are as good as the DCM and prettier IMHO. That tweeter was special. The center speaker was the best I heard. I was always in awe of the dialogue quality on these. You name any brand center JBL, Infinity, Klipsch, etc and the saga center beat them to this day.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes those Saga(NXG) are great IMO too bad there was never a pro review on them they are as good as the DCM and prettier IMHO. That tweeter was special. The center speaker was the best I heard. I was always in awe of the dialogue quality on these. You name any brand center JBL, Infinity, Klipsch, etc and the saga center beat them to this day.
I know you don't have a way to measure, but I'd be curious to see some. I know this ain't your first rodeo so you're an experienced listener, but I wonder if there might be a slight tilt in the treble making it sound crisper and clearer?

The 4" drivers make me hesitant too, as far as blending with a sub for music. 5.1 movie watching and such wouldn't be too bad I'd imagine tho. You like them for music too?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I know you don't have a way to measure, but I'd be curious to see some. I know this ain't your first rodeo so you're an experienced listener, but I wonder if there might be a slight tilt in the treble making it sound crisper and clearer?

The 4" drivers make me hesitant too, as far as blending with a sub for music. 5.1 movie watching and such wouldn't be too bad I'd imagine tho. You like them for music too?
Remember I had a small studio apt so they excelled at both Music and HT in my space. That tweeter is special I tell ya. Here are some pics I posted in my thread when I set everything up:
948A25FC-2002-4B9C-8EAE-F3C13480702D.png

1C6AC41A-390C-4DF1-8DAA-683139C9150E.png

D84F9F1C-2165-429A-88EA-A05310C5827C.png

53A8F90D-19EB-4068-AE64-732891D75385.png

The sub you see in pic is the OSD sub.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Not to keep disturbing your thread Danny, but I forgot to say each NXG speaker is heavy for a small speaker. I’d say the weight of two DCM bookshelves is the weight of one NXG speaker. It’s well made and tough. That is all. :)
491A9287-490C-4486-9F9B-5C1C1EAB44DE.jpeg

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis