Denon/Marantz vs Yamaha vs Anthem Thread

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I was hit by a car once as a teenager and was thrown through the air and ended up with a clean break of the tib and fib. I have metal in my leg and lower back pain to this day. That experience was less painful than this f#%kin’ thread.:eek: Buy what you like and shut the f#%k up about what somebody else likes. If you wanna bitch and moan, bitch and moan to the manufacturer. You wanna guess who sent me that shiny new RX-V6A? Hint, it wasn’t f#%kin’ Larry.:cool: Sure, I get a free AVR while you continue to torment yourself and everybody else around here and I’m the dumb one. I still have that jacket with the neat straps and buckles on it whenever you’re ready.:p

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Fair points. In fact even my own gear would be considered crappy by many. And no, the screenshot was a from links he provided to his own videos. I also happened to remember him from avs and the review so not much digging there.
I don’t care what anybody likes for gear. There’s a LOT of different stuff out there, and what you like is what you like. My problem is the way he’s going about it. ZERO credible testing, or measurements of any kind. I’ve asked him questions which were not answered but glossed over and twisted into something else altogether. He won’t answer me, but I gave him a very detailed answer to a pointed question. So Fukk him.
The other thing, and what spurred me on was in a thread of similar situations, the only and first reply he made was(paraphrase) for music denon sucks and Yamaha is miles better. No qualifiers.... just blatantly waving the Yamaha flag. This is NOT OK for newbs that come looking for advice. Context matters as you well know so blanket statements(which is all he provides) need not apply.
So no. Nothing is absurd about that he likes his Yamaha. IDGAF. But don’t just blast off aimlessly.
I do apologize to the collective here for stinking up the thread. But I think it’s important for newbs not to be swayed by bullshitt, so I’ll probably keep it up. Until he leaves or gets the ban hammer.
The screenshot was just to illustrate lack of credibility which anyone else here already has dismissed. But in My mind, I’m watching out for noobs who might buy into his non objective BS.
Edit: if you have nothing to do. Search his user name and browse. You’ll see.
At this point you're just annoying the hell out of everyone by bringing that up.

I wouldn't take your rants seriously as I've noticed you seem to be really immature with your posts using a lot of slangs here & there.

Also, you don't own a Denon, so pls kindly stop being a keyboard warrior. There are things which are truly underated in this world, such as the mighty "Yamaha".

You can keep talking about measurements all day long, but you can't argue about our hearing ability. If we've noticed a difference and you can't then I'm sorry, you need to get an hearing aid.

Perhaps, your little brain is fixated on the Denon/Marantz brand.

Also this forum isn't yours by any mean so stop controlling, everyone has their own opinion. It's a public forum where we share our experiences and thoughts.

Atleast this forum has very well educated & knowledgeable member "PENG".

Your advice on installing wall mounts for speakers were also wrong, that too in a rented apartment for Bookshelf speakers. I wouldn't even call this an advice, more of trolling post.

You seem to know very little on this, I might have to ignore you thereafter.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe Yamaha will put you on the payroll.:D
Actually, I think it's a double bluff. I think it's Denon who has him on the payroll. Reading his posts, I'm starting to think; well if he likes it so much, there must be something wrong with it.:D:D I'm looking at my Yamaha and I'm thinking her days might be numbered... I don't want to defile my living room with something Sachb standsBut then it dawned on me; that's exactly what he wants.
Fair points. In fact even my own gear would be considered crappy by many. And no, the screenshot was a from links he provided to his own videos. I also happened to remember him from avs and the review so not much digging there.
I don’t care what anybody likes for gear. There’s a LOT of different stuff out there, and what you like is what you like. My problem is the way he’s going about it. ZERO credible testing, or measurements of any kind. I’ve asked him questions which were not answered but glossed over and twisted into something else altogether. He won’t answer me, but I gave him a very detailed answer to a pointed question. So Fukk him.
The other thing, and what spurred me on was in a thread of similar situations, the only and first reply he made was(paraphrase) for music denon sucks and Yamaha is miles better. No qualifiers.... just blatantly waving the Yamaha flag. This is NOT OK for newbs that come looking for advice. Context matters as you well know so blanket statements(which is all he provides) need not apply.
So no. Nothing is absurd about that he likes his Yamaha. IDGAF. But don’t just blast off aimlessly.
I do apologize to the collective here for stinking up the thread. But I think it’s important for newbs not to be swayed by bullshitt, so I’ll probably keep it up. Until he leaves or gets the ban hammer.
The screenshot was just to illustrate lack of credibility which anyone else here already has dismissed. But in My mind, I’m watching out for noobs who might buy into his non objective BS.
And the kid got it way to easy. He was treated many times better than what his trash-talk would get him. And it has nothing to do with what he likes, otherwise it would be over approx 25 forum pages ago. Every member in every thread (I lost count, something like 5, I guess) first gave him straight info. In return it was just being thick, trash talk, being thick, trash talk. Everyone here already told him Yamaha is quite good and it's all fine, what he does, he moves his trashing to another thread, he keeps on. He bumps a thread, he keeps on... "Troll" anyone? To what possible good end is this being tolerated? Sure, there's someone stinking several threads at once, but it sure isn't you.

Hmm, so it appears that the guy liked a Denon once upon a time and he finds that something else (a Yam in this case) sounds or caters better to his taste/requirements. What is so absurd about that?? Is that reason to go Sherlock on him and try to find every old post of his? and prove what?

I am sure everyone's lived with some crappy audio gear at some point in life and thought it was good until they heard something better (something which may let them realize what a crappy thing they put up with for too long)
O, poooh-leazayah!! This is just playing dumb. The guy unloaded like five trucks worth of manure all over every thread that has Denon in the title. He is getting a treatment many folds better. Reminding him what he bases his trash-talk on is the least of what one could do. The pic attached is what he calls testing and measuring the performance of a (decent, mind you) avr and it was provided by him. Also, it is the pic he provided as a "proof" he "knows" what he's talking about. Not only that, he linked a YouTube video (!!!) so that I could hear how bad it sounds. Him whining how he's being bullied is just another load. Referring to a pic you yourself attached is being bullied now? If anyone's bullied it's the rest of the members who put up with his BS. This is antivaxer level of YouTube truth about Denon inducing autism stupidity.

Oh, but what am I saying, he did provide the solid, undisputed proof of NOT ONE, but SEVERAL (!!) Facebook comments of some dudes not liking it either. I dare you to disprove that written-in-stone axiom.

Some people may have had some crappy audio gear and may have found better, but that's not him.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
YOU ARE complaining about being annoying???? Kid, really, are you in your right mind?
And here is our kid^ Are we still in an elementary school or what? I wonder why these people are still lurking around this forum calling each other names & using slang.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
O, poooh-leazayah!! This is just playing dumb. The guy unloaded like five trucks worth of manure all over every thread that has Denon in the title. He is getting a treatment many folds better. Reminding him what he bases his trash-talk on is the least of what one could do. The pic attached is what he calls testing and measuring the performance of a (decent, mind you) avr and it was provided by him. Also, it is the pic he provided as a "proof" he "knows" what he's talking about. Not only that, he linked a YouTube video (!!!) so that I could hear how bad it sounds. Him whining how he's being bullied is just another load. Referring to a pic you yourself attached is being bullied now? If anyone's bullied it's the rest of the members who put up with his BS. This is antivaxer level of YouTube truth about Denon inducing autism stupidity.

Oh, but what am I saying, he did provide the solid, undisputed proof of NOT ONE, but SEVERAL (!!) Facebook comments of some dudes not liking it either. I dare you to disprove that written-in-stone axiom.

Some people may have had some crappy audio gear and may have found better, but that's not him.
That was you, dear. You completely went off-topic on this:

You're joking? All these Bellevue Lobsters are first boiled:
View attachment 42099
View attachment 42100
Sharing pics on lobsters, & I'm the one unloading manure. Op must have gone to other forums asking for help looking at these troll/spam posts. Perhaps your knowledge on gear is very limited. You might learn few things from PENG.

You refused to discuss on the enclosures I posted.

Last edited:
pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Here's the thing…if someone simply “doesn’t like” how some piece of gear sounds, it is a acceptable answer. Why do they need to prove anything with measurements, controlled listening tests, etc? I say this because…for example, there are many musicians/local artists/etc who stop by my house to record things/etc. They are not engineers, audiophiles, gearheads or forum warriors. For instance, the extent of explanation I may get from someone who’s been playing a harp for 40 years is….”something doesn’t sound right”, “I just don’t like it”, etc. Is that an acceptable answer to me so that I can start fixing things? Yes, and it doesn’t matter how great my gear is ‘supposed’ to be (because a buncha guys called audiophiles got together and said so).

W.r.t your concern for noobs who are looking for advice on the forum who (and possibly get misguided)…..the flip side to that coin is that they may go get something that a buncha guys on this forum seem to like/agree on and have some measurements to back it up. But, they simply didn’t like it after they bought it and heard it. That’s a 50/50. Hence, dissenting opinions should always exist on these forums. I can painfully count the number of times I fell victim to buying sht I didn’t like because I got convinced by some forum chorus.

Most noobs looking to set something up just for hometheater/movies will be fine with any of these receivers. I mean, lol , if you wanna hear Chuck Norris shootin a assault rifle or if you wanna hear dinosaur Bronto walking…any receiver paired up a couple of monster subs should do the trick (no biggie). Boom boom boom boom boom boom, no problemo! Correct me if I am wrong, but, I think that is the majority of noobs out there. The extra layers of scrutiny kick in when someone has a actual ear for music. Not every receiver out there is going to cut it now. Nevertheless, a mid-grade receiver is still a good place to start for a noob music lover trying to find the right gear. It is the cheapest way to find out what your type of sound is in the first place. Such a noob can play with a combination of parametric eq, tone controls and other features in receivers all day long (play with different 'sound signatures', so to speak) and tailor it as best as they can to their ears (with the speakers and room they have). These options are extremely restricted when it comes to expensive 2 channel gear (You better know what you really like before you start dropping beacoup cash on restrictive 2 channel gear) It would be safe to say that a receiver is the quickest/most cost effective way to even find out what a noob likes in the first place.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Alright gentlemen, this is nice family thread that I started about a good topic of Yamaha vs Denon/Marantz vs Anthem.

Let's not do anything to jeopardize getting this nice friendly informative thread CLOSED! :D

We can like what we like. It's very subjective.

Let's not BASH other members' systems because we don't like certain brands. :D

I have owned both Denon (for very long time) and Yamaha (about 2 years now). And BOTH brands subjectively sound great to my ears, not only when compared to each other, but also compared to other high-end separates (Analog Stereo Preamps, AVPs, Amps, Integrated Amps).

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Alright gentlemen, this is nice family thread that I started about a good topic of Yamaha vs Denon/Marantz vs Anthem.

Let's not do anything to jeopardize getting this nice friendly informative thread CLOSED! :D

I have owned both Denon (for very long time) and Yamaha (about 2 years now). And BOTH brands subjectively sound great to my ears, not only when compared to each other, but also compared to other high-end separates (Analog Stereo Preamps, AVPs, Amps, Integrated Amps).
No worries Andrew. I’m done.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's the thing…if someone simply “doesn’t like” how some piece of gear sounds, it is a acceptable answer. Why do they need to prove anything with measurements, controlled listening tests, etc?
I haven't seen such kind of questioning, or requests too often on expressed opinions and/or reports/reviews. They may get questioned though, if they made statements such as brand A sounds musical, brand B sounds harsh, thin,.. etc., and in such way as though those was facts. Again, opinions, reports are fine and should be welcome, but if stated as facts, then it may invite unwanted/unwelcome responses.:)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

Excellent point! The thread itself should not be closed because of inappropriate posts that have nothing or little to do with the thread title. Imo, banning, even deletion of specific posters and/or posts.., might be an alternative if deemed necessary by the moderator.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, I see. Well, I guess the cheese, I mean Onkyo, stands alone.;) I'll leave the Yamaha next to it for company.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Oh, I see. Well, I guess the cheese, I mean Onkyo, stands alone.;) I'll leave the Yamaha next to it for company.
John Howard is with you. You can invite him to discussion. He'll be glad to support you.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

M

mj30250

Audioholic Intern
Here's the thing…if someone simply “doesn’t like” how some piece of gear sounds, it is a acceptable answer. Why do they need to prove anything with measurements, controlled listening tests, etc?
They don't. But this guy isn't "simply" saying that he doesn't like some particular piece of gear, he specifically said that one brand is a "beast" and the other is "total garbage", with absolutely nothing of substance to back it up.

I've had a variety of modern AVR brands over the past 12 years or so, including the ones in question, and they are all reasonably close to the same in terms of stereo and multichannel sound performance. The ones that sound the best are almost always the ones that have the most adjustability and / or the most advanced room correction software. Certainly the mid-tier and higher Yamahas and Denons are on fairly equal footing here.

Beyond that, any "night and day" differences point to either a serious defect or misconfiguration with one receiver, or simple hyperbolic nonsense put forth to serve an agenda.

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The problem is he Trolls the forum and finds threads to post his Bullshit. He adds nothing positive or informative to discussions.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The problem is he Trolls the forum and finds threads to post his Bullshit. He adds nothing positive or informative to discussions.
Ok, I can take a hint. I'll try to be more positive in my posts.;) You all look lovely this morning by the way. See, already at it.:D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, I can take a hint. I'll try to be more positive in my posts.;) You all look lovely this morning by the way. See, already at it.:D
Well you're the guy at the campfire to loves to keep adding wood to it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis