Denon Firmware Update Nightmare

L

lexi

Audiophyte
I have a Denon AVR-1912 that's been sitting around for about 5 years (since I got an NAD T758, now upgraded to a v3 version.) I may have to press it back into brief service as the entire living room system is being sold off and I might need something temporarily.

Does this AVR-1912 need to be updated?
If you can avoid an update, I'd definitely do that. The updates on their receivers seem to be a mess. It may be worth calling denon support and getting their feedback on it. They were pretty helpful. Goodluck!

J

just_audio

Audiophyte
hey guys..

is anyone has x1300w USB firmware update..? my device stucks at "update retry" screen..

Xmarker25

Xmarker25

Audiophyte
hey guys..

is anyone has x1300w USB firmware update..? my device stucks at "update retry" screen..
Any luck finding a USB update? I’m also stuck in an “Update Retry” loop for my x1300w.

T

Tenno6

Enthusiast
You can't fix it. The update must have become interrupted. It will have to go back to Denon to have the BIOS reflashed. I have heard cases where the device can not be fixed after these types of incidents. However I understand a reflash of the BIOS usually does the trick.
Crazy when devices don’t have a backup factory bios that can’t be written and can be used to reflash the main one. Surely the cost beats having to deal with rmas.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis