Denon AVR X4500H misaligned door

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
Some thoughts on Audyssey setup is to use all mic positions at ear height, the first one at your primary seat, the others in a 1.5-2ft radius around that. Some units after you run Audyssey want to enable Audyssey Dynamic Volume as well as Dynamic EQ afterwards....I'd disable Dynamic Volume (a dynamic compression routine to smooth volume levels of various sources) but think most like DynamicEQ at less than reference volume. While Audyssey's recommendation when using subwoofers is to set all speakers to small (i.e. use bass management) and suggested starting crossover of 80hz, the avr manufacturers tend to go their own way here somewhat. I'd suggest changing all speakers to small, the crossover at 80 to start (unless the suggested crossover set during Audyssey was more than that, here's Audyssey's guidance on that https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212342423-Changing-the-cross-over-settings-after-running-Audyssey ).

Here's Audyssey's explanation of DynamicEQ and the associated Reference Level Offset (RLO) https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212347383-Dynamic-EQ-and-Reference-Level. There are a few basic curves that Audyssey provides, Flat (Music on some units) or Reference (or Movies on some units) and some have a third somewhat non-Audyssey choice called L/R Bypass. I'd experiment with all of it to see where preference ends up....
thanks for the detailed explanation, will set it up tomorrow as Im at work tonight Excited!!
I hope I will not be needing another amp to hook to it via av bypass for stereo music! What hif rates this avr as excellent but then again they are going on about it not being as good for stereo music??? If the sound is good for movies why would stereo be different.
I believe and pray that this Avr will be all Ill need for both my music and movie viewing

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
thanks for the detailed explanation, will set it up tomorrow as Im at work tonight Excited!!
I hope I will not be needing another amp to hook to it via av bypass for stereo music! What hif rates this avr as excellent but then again they are going on about it not being as good for stereo music??? If the sound is good for movies why would stereo be different.
I believe and pray that this Avr will be all Ill need for both my music and movie viewing
I have the same receiver. It works just great for music, not sure that whathifi is a great source as far as AVR's not being good for music.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure whathifi is good for much of anything myself. I've got dedicated two ch gear as well as multich avr based systems but I listen to music mostly on the multich gear as its more useful generally and sounds just as good....that not good for music thing I think is more about selling two ch gear. Like the subs being good for ht and not for music, usually bunk except for some poor subs perhaps or poor taste in movie soundtracks. Same for speakers, good speakers are good speakers.

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
I'm not sure whathifi is good for much of anything myself. I've got dedicated two ch gear as well as multich avr based systems but I listen to music mostly on the multich gear as its more useful generally and sounds just as good....that not good for music thing I think is more about selling two ch gear. Like the subs being good for ht and not for music, usually bunk except for some poor subs perhaps or poor taste in movie soundtracks. Same for speakers, good speakers are good speakers.
Thanks for clarifying that up for me. I guess its done to push you to buy more gear

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for clarifying that up for me. I guess its done to push you to buy more gear
Many reviewers and sites are about shilling for gear unfortunately. Just look how many support silly cables. Judge for yourself is usually the best way to go :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis