Denon AVR X4500H misaligned door

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone know of an easy fix a front door panel for a Denon AVR X4500 the problem is that it can't shut and is stuck halfway nothing is broken though.

Attachments

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Does anyone know of an easy fix a front door panel for a Denon AVR X4500 the problem is that it can't shut and is stuck halfway nothing is broken though.
It's hard to really see any detail in that pic.

So, if you were to start to try to force it, then it feels like it would break?

Can you actually SEE what the problem may be? Maybe a foreign object stuck in the hinge?

1 option may be to just remove the door completely. Personally, I don't think I would like that option, but it may be better than a door that is stuck open.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Kinda hard to tell if anything is broken from that image of shadow blobs you posted for us. I'm with Slip and thinking maybe there's some foreign object stuck in there somewhere if nothing looks broken or crooked.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The top of that door panel looks a little greasy. You opened that panel with potato chip crumbs all over your hands, didn't you? Try using the crevice tool on your vacuum cleaner to pull any debris out while giving the panel a little nudge back and forth.

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
Kinda hard to tell if anything is broken from that image of shadow blobs you posted for us. I'm with Slip and thinking maybe there's some foreign object stuck in there somewhere if nothing looks broken or crooked.
The door is misaligned

Attachments

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like some damage or debris on the right hinge in the second pic.

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
Nothing is broken just misaligned and a bit loose on right side

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Good news, nothing serious. Time for a screwdriver. After drinking that, get crackin' on those screws.

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
Good news, nothing serious. Time for a screwdriver. After drinking that, get crackin' on those screws.
Problem is its brand new so if I open the unit I will loose my warranty trying to avoid the hustle of sending it back

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Problem is its brand new so if I open the unit I will loose my warranty trying to avoid the hustle of sending it back
If it came that way, then the unit is physically damaged, probably in transit.

There is no way I would accept a unit like that. Send it back!

Anyhow if you keep it and it develops problems down the road, they will think you abused it and void the warranty. It just has to go back pronto.

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
If it came that way, then the unit is physically damaged, probably in transit.

There is no way I would accept a unit like that. Send it back!

Anyhow if you keep it and it develops problems down the road, they will think you abused it and void the warranty. It just has to go back pronto.
Thanks for your advice.
Done just that and replaced it.

Attachments

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
So they are sending you another one? Can you keep and use this one while waiting?
Nope reccived a brand new one yesterday via the buyer Peter Tyson, they swapped the damaged one and gave me a new one yesterday

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Nope reccived a brand new one yesterday via the buyer Peter Tyson, they swapped the damaged one and gave me a new one yesterday
Wow, that quick, great service!

So let us know your first subjective;) impression in comparison with the RX-A870, I hope it won't do worse..

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
Wow, that quick, great service!

So let us know your first subjective;) impression in comparison with the RX-A870, I hope it won't do worse..
They are amazing Peter Tyson! they also took my old yamaha and gave me more than I was expecting for it.
I will let you know as soon as its set up, Quick question I was reading on the settings, there is a setting for dynamic equalisation when I am setting it up should I enable or disable it!
Also what are your thoughts on Audessy?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
They are amazing Peter Tyson! they also took my old yamaha and gave me more than I was expecting for it.
I will let you know as soon as its set up, Quick question I was reading on the settings, there is a setting for dynamic equalisation when I am setting it up should I enable or disable it!
Wowwow, wish we have something like that in Canada.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I turn that on. It's basically MultEQ's built in house curve and gives you a bump in bass. How much depends on the "reference level offset" number. 0 is the strongest effect and -15 is the softest. When DEQ is off it should be a flat response, which is good, but most folks prefer a little bump in those bass frequencies.

Here's an example of what "Dynamic EQ" does.

House Curves_copy_1536x864.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for explaining that Pogre
Sure. I know how complicated and confusing it is. I like what Audyssey does with my system. I've measured significant improvements after running the setup. It's important to make sure you follow the pattern onscreen closely (I even go a little tighter with 18" between mic positions instead of 2'). I do all 8 measurements too. The more info Audyssey has the better job it can do.

That's my experience, but ymmv. Some guys absolutely despise Audyssey but I'm not one of them. I think it's one of the better room correction programs available for consumers. Especially with XT32 for straightening out your bass. You can test your preference pretty easily if you want. After you run setup just flip between MultEQ "Reference" and "Off". When MultEQ is off you're getting the unaltered signal and should hear the difference. I prefer it on, DEQ -10. I also bump my sub levels 2 or 3 dB.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some thoughts on Audyssey setup is to use all mic positions at ear height, the first one at your primary seat, the others in a 1.5-2ft radius around that. Some units after you run Audyssey want to enable Audyssey Dynamic Volume as well as Dynamic EQ afterwards....I'd disable Dynamic Volume (a dynamic compression routine to smooth volume levels of various sources) but think most like DynamicEQ at less than reference volume. While Audyssey's recommendation when using subwoofers is to set all speakers to small (i.e. use bass management) and suggested starting crossover of 80hz, the avr manufacturers tend to go their own way here somewhat. I'd suggest changing all speakers to small, the crossover at 80 to start (unless the suggested crossover set during Audyssey was more than that, here's Audyssey's guidance on that https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212342423-Changing-the-cross-over-settings-after-running-Audyssey ).

Here's Audyssey's explanation of DynamicEQ and the associated Reference Level Offset (RLO) https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212347383-Dynamic-EQ-and-Reference-Level. There are a few basic curves that Audyssey provides, Flat (Music on some units) or Reference (or Movies on some units) and some have a third somewhat non-Audyssey choice called L/R Bypass. I'd experiment with all of it to see where preference ends up....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis