Denon AVR-x4200 is starting to crap out....suggestions for replacement

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That is weird, I have never had such issue with factory reset on any of my Denon and Marantz AVRs/AVCs. That's too bad, because such an issue could likely be fixed by a factory reset.

Another thing to check is, make sure all potential interference are eliminated, even just temporarily in order to narrow down the real issue(s).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another dumb thing to check. You first turned off the avr before attempting the reset? The reset was holding down the info and back buttons as you hit the power switch then waiting for the initializing before releasing the info and back buttons?

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Another dumb thing to check. You first turned off the avr before attempting the reset? The reset was holding down the info and back buttons as you hit the power switch then waiting for the initializing before releasing the info and back buttons?
I’ve tried it every way I could think of

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks to you and everyone else for their time and input. Just choosing between the Denon x6500 if I can find a deal or possibly a Yamaha 3070 or 3080
Just in case you haven't checked Accessories4less:

They give some nice options for reconditioned and/or last year's AVR's.
On quick glance, a 3070 for $1000 looks pretty sweet. Personally, I would go for the Denon 3400 for $450 because it gives me exactly what I want, but no more; and compared to the Yamaha it has Audyssey XT32 with the app available.

Also note 6400 for $1300. Often the upgrade (to the 6500, in this case) from the previous model doesn't really amount to much, but double check and/or discuss here if you are uncertain.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can’t blame you for thinking of giving Yamaha a try. I did the same.

So hopefully Yamaha is more reliable like M Code says. :D

However, only time will tell if Yamaha is truly more reliable.

I think the RX-A3070 or 3080 would be a great alternative.

There is also a Yamaha Owners Thread and a thread about Yamaha vs Denon vs Anthem if you want to check out before buying a Yamaha. :D

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Just in case you haven't checked Accessories4less:

They give some nice options for reconditioned and/or last year's AVR's.
On quick glance, a 3070 for $1000 looks pretty sweet. Personally, I would go for the Denon 3400 for $450 because it gives me exactly what I want, but no more; and compared to the Yamaha it has Audyssey XT32 with the app available.

Also note 6400 for $1300. Often the upgrade (to the 6500, in this case) from the previous model doesn't really amount to much, but double check and/or discuss here if you are uncertain.
Took your advice and snatched up the last 6400 they had!!! Thanks for the lead!!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The AVR-X400/X500H do have the upgraded preamp chip, whether that would result in audible improvement is unknown.

H

hextall27

Audioholic
The AVR-X400/X500H do have the upgraded preamp chip, whether that would result in audible improvement is unknown.
Idk, too be honest it wouldn’t play normal tv last night so I shut it off before I ripped it out of the stand and smashed it on the floor. The new one shipped today so I’ll just wait lest I destroy something

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Should I invest in a cooling fan and if so any recommendations

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Will the new avr even fit in the same cubby hole before you start shopping for fans?
I measured it and it will fit. Worst case scenario, I just remove the shelf and have it set up for two shelves instead of three

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I measured it and it will fit. Worst case scenario, I just remove the shelf and have it set up for two shelves instead of three
How much room on top will it leave? I'd start looking around at coolerfanguys.com or acinfinity.com for various forms/dimensions they can take....

H

hextall27

Audioholic
How much room on top will it leave? I'd start looking around at coolerfanguys.com or acinfinity.com for various forms/dimensions they can take....
With the way it is set right now, about 4 inches. If I make it just two shelves I’ll have around a foot. I’ll check into them. Thanks!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis