Denon AVR-x4200 is starting to crap out....suggestions for replacement

H

hextall27

Audioholic
What is your source of music? Did you recalibrate the avr for the new room/environment by re-running Audyssey or did you do a manual setup? A volume of -30dB on the reference scale I assume; 0 should be very loud. Basement with concrete walls/floors may not reverberate like some rooms but wouldn't think that would drastically affect the volume.
It was just off of the tv which normally is loud I’ve never had to take the volume down near zero. I set up the room manually

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Tell us where you are (general area of a state for now - I respect privacy concerns). I am in the Atlanta, Ga area and would be happy to drop by and help you sort things out if you are near me!
Although try the reset first!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It was just off of the tv which normally is loud I’ve never had to take the volume down near zero. I set up the room manually
Would think if the ARC port problem it'd simply not work, but maybe reduced volume is possible. Try connecting an optical cable to see if that fixes the issue....

Mind sharing your manual setup method?

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Would think if the ARC port problem it'd simply not work, but maybe reduced volume is possible. Try connecting an optical cable to see if that fixes the issue....

Mind sharing your manual setup method?
I’ll try the cable and see if it improves.

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Tell us where you are (general area of a state for now - I respect privacy concerns). I am in the Atlanta, Ga area and would be happy to drop by and help you sort things out if you are near me!
Although try the reset first!
Saginaw Michigan sadly

H

hextall27

Audioholic
I’ll try the cable and see if it improves.
I’m sure it was just a basic set up. Towers set to large, center set to large used approximates for distance. Then set the individual speakers by the hertz....all set above the mid level

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why are you running speakers as large? You have subs....

Distance (delay) is one thing to help calibrate, but also speaker levels so that your volume dial is calibrated too. Don't know what you mean by individual speakers by the hertz....you mean you did set crossovers by setting speakers to small or ? I think you should just run Audyssey, it generally does a good job of setting levels/delays for volume calibration even if you don't want to use the eq part.

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Why are you running speakers as large? You have subs....

Distance (delay) is one thing to help calibrate, but also speaker levels so that your volume dial is calibrated too. Don't know what you mean by individual speakers by the hertz....you mean you did set crossovers by setting speakers to small or ? I think you should just run Audyssey, it generally does a good job of setting levels/delays for volume calibration even if you don't want to use the eq part.
Well the Denon box has been lost in the move so audessey is out
ARC is tricky to set up correctly as you have to do it right not only on the AVR but also your TV.
So if it was working before, you probably should try unplugging the unit, wait for 30 seconds or longer before plugging it in to try if it fixes the issue.

If unsuccessful, then yes you should try a factory reset. After that, be sure to go through the ARC set up procedure.

Factory reset procedure:

View attachment 31997
tried that and never says anything. Initialized never comes up

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Well the Denon box has been lost in the move so audessey is out

tried that and never says anything. Initialized never comes up
Make sure you turn off the power using ON/STANDBY on the front panel first,

then press the 3 buttons (per instructions) simultaneously, hold them (all 3) down firmly and don't lift your fingers until "initialized" appears.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can always buy another Audyssey mic for the avr, too. Or use an spl meter to setup levels properly...

H

hextall27

Audioholic
I set the speakers as large because that what I thought you should do with towers and a large center. I can’t really explain....,I just removed the smaller 10 inch sub and changed the speaker size to small. What should the crossover on the speakers be set at?? I used the set up assistant and everything was working correctly. Except no Bluetooth

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With subs you generally set speakers to small and set a crossover. 80hz is a good starting point for crossover. Did you try that previous suggestion about BT and clearing out any pairings you don't need any more?

H

hextall27

Audioholic
I set the crossovers to 80 and there is no Bluetooth to Denon at all. IT pops up to sync but says it’s unsuccessful and I can’t get it to reset

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you try the soft reset as well as the full reset?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not a good sign. Maybe your avr is crapping out....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just checking dumb stuff....you are using the panel of the avr for the full reset rather than the remote?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis