Denon 4500 vs Denon 3700

S

Sax-Fan

Junior Audioholic
Nope, I would not buy a used receiver or a demo. The problem is Denon says there is a warranty but in reality you may never get it fixed. I sent my Denon 4500 in for repair 6 weeks ago and still have not heard anything from PANURGYOEM except they do not have parts.

Thats not much of a warranty.

If you want a deal get a new Denon 3600 for $799. That's less than the refurb price. This won't last.

That's not encouraging.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
These are nndot normal times keep in mind....consumers take back seat to covid....altho even if new past the 30 day return period the retailer may offer it's the same warranty service if needed...

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Even if a refurb unit works once you get it home, it's life is reduced by the amount of time it was used and how it was taken care of or not. With heat being a primary issue with receivers, its a huge gamble especially if you can't get it fixed even if you have a warranty.

I would not run a receiver without one of these $20 fans. It's a major life extender in my opinion.

S

Sax-Fan

Junior Audioholic
Even if a refurb unit works once you get it home, it's life is reduced by the amount of time it was used and how it was taken care of or not. With heat being a primary issue with receivers, its a huge gamble especially if you can't get it fixed even if you have a warranty.
The particular unit I was looking at is a Marantz sr7013 -- a demo not a refurb. The price looked good, but when I thought about it I realized it was probably on display for 2 years not one as they had suggested. 2 years running all day/night on a small shelf without sufficient clearance and no cooling is a little more of a chance than I think I am willing to take, even with a warranty.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Refurbs aren't as likely to have much use on them either compared to a store demo....

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Refurbs aren't as likely to have much use on them either compared to a store demo....
It's really hard to know. Denon or Marantz could have been using the receiver for a year or two then refurb it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis