Y

yakuzaboss1975

Enthusiast
you can find quite a few dts & thx demo discs on ebay. i've bought a number of them off of ebay. both have excellent audio & video samples.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
asethi said:
let me know how the telarc surround cd is. anyone know hear about bilocation.uk somethin like that. its a dvd in dts with a musical journey. anyone know how that is or any other dvd's with good demo clips from diff movies
Just received Bilocation 1 from the UK yesterday. Will playback this morning and advise.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
mfabien said:
Just received Bilocation 1 from the UK yesterday. Will playback this morning and advise.
It is a truly 3-dimensional listening experience (as it says on the disc jacket).

Closing your eyes (Audio disc...no Video) sounds radiate from everywhere, no speaker sense of source direction.

When it rains, you are walking in the rain. Walking in the jungle, you hear animal cries all around and, at one point, a bird passes overhead.

You hear a horse galloping on a dirt road and you feel you are riding it. Then the horse walks on pavement.

Thunder... in fact, even listening to Bilocation a second time, a specific thunder bolt is a heart stopping experience. Then, towards the end, a helicopter flies over the listener (keep your eyes closed).

I appreciated Bilocation more the second time and would expect it to become a growing thing. Perhaps the first listening is a little weird...it is so different from anything else.

The key is speaker placement. You can see the template at:
http://www.bilocation.co.uk/ordering.htm

and click "Setting up 5.1"

Placing Front Towers at 30 degrees from center and rear speakers at 120 degrees and all speakers at equal distance from the listening position not only causes the 3-dimensional effect for this disc, but it improved my listening experience with other DTS 5.1 concerts such as "Farewell 1 Tour" by the Eagles and "Hell Freezes Over" and others. For movies I only need to back off to my usual listening position and swivel the rear speakers towards me.

Audiophile Audition discusses Bilocation1 at:
http://www.audaud.com/audaud/APR05/hires/hires3.html#bi

I paid 14.99 GBP and that included mailing.

I'm not sure this is a typical type of demo to treasure. My sense is that it takes more than a one time casual listening to appreciate. But it is a unique experience for an owner of a DTS 5.1 system.

T

Triplicate

Audiophyte
asethi said:
DTS SURROUND SOUND AND THX DEMO - on ebay

Anyone think this is worth it? He has his own website
thx-trailer.com, ALL IN GERMAN thou. so anyone who could help me out in german so I can see if this dvd is worth it. or do you think its a scam. def seems like a compilation that he made but if its legit in terms of quality then y not? He's offerin it to me for 20 bucks w/shipping - please help and tell me if this is worthi it! Thanks
Most definately NOT!

I bought it and it has numerous issues. I got my money back after having the disc's shipped two times. All four disc's were screwed up in some way. I just threw them in the garbage.

- some selections had low sound.
- some selections had no sound.
- some selections would lock up your player!.
- opening intro has no sound.
- if you were watching TV and then put this disk in, you will soon be watching TV again since some selections just kick you out. You then have to reboot the DVD.

Just plain trash and pirated work by some incompetent seller.

This person just can't get it right. Unacceptable quality. You have been warned!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis