A

asethi

Enthusiast
does anyone know where i could purchase a really impressive demo dvd. I wanted something with variety. I have Eagles DTS and Master and Commander as some of my demo's that I show to people but I wanted something that gave me more variety of really good bass, surround, etc but not a whole movie. I dont feel like putting together my own from my movie collection so any suggestions on possibly the dts or thx demo discs or something else and where i can get it? that i could buy in the US. thanks

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
The Blue Man Group - The Complex DTS is an excellent disc, though it is not crash, boom, in your face. I usually like to skip to the impressive tracks of movies (spiderman 2, titan ae, Staw Wars 1 & 2, etc.) if I want to show off my sub.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
How about some DVD burning softare that allows me to keep the 5.1 dd/dts track for making a "mix movie"?

A

asethi

Enthusiast
let me know how the telarc surround cd is. anyone know hear about bilocation.uk somethin like that. its a dvd in dts with a musical journey. anyone know how that is or any other dvd's with good demo clips from diff movies

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Blue Man Group is one of the many unfortunate examples of incredible sound quality in the service of nauseating music.

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
A friend of mine got me a copy of the THX Surround Demonstration Disc that they use at Futureshop/Bestbuy. Wow, such a great montage of excellent films.

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
and then there's a DOLBY Demo disk............available from DOLBY

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
I believe that the one you are ordering contains mostly soundtracks...whereas for a fuller experience you should look at a Demo disk containing both audio & video.....the viewers will not get bored experiencing the Demo for your HTS.

A

asethi

Enthusiast
thx and dts demo discs

Does anyone know if BestBuy, CircuitCity , Tweeter, give out free THX or DTS demo discs if you ask for them?

John S

John S

Audioholic Intern
Rob Babcock said:
Blue Man Group is one of the many unfortunate examples of incredible sound quality in the service of nauseating music.
As opposed to how many examples of bad sound in the service of nauseating music? :confused:

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

John S said:
As opposed to how many examples of bad sound in the service of nauseating music? :confused:
Probably a lot. But I tend to avoid both bad sounding discs and nauseating music. ;)

A

asethi

Enthusiast
Is it worth buyin this????

DTS SURROUND SOUND AND THX DEMO - on ebay

Anyone think this is worth it? He has his own website
thx-trailer.com, ALL IN GERMAN thou. so anyone who could help me out in german so I can see if this dvd is worth it. or do you think its a scam. def seems like a compilation that he made but if its legit in terms of quality then y not? He's offerin it to me for 20 bucks w/shipping - please help and tell me if this is worthi it! Thanks

Last edited:
saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
The Compilation looks good........but he seller only accepts PAYPAL payments!!!.......you wouldnt know if he's genuine or not, till you burn your fingers or get your DVD's

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
TMPGEnc dvd author is software to make your own demo dvd, keeping the audio dts or whatever..

its lacking a lot of options, but its free. you can create a simple menu and all that.

J

JP_Silver_S2k

Audioholic Intern
jety can i have a link to a site where i can download this software?

T

Triplicate

Audiophyte
saurabh said:
The Compilation looks good........but he seller only accepts PAYPAL payments!!!.......you wouldnt know if he's genuine or not, till you burn your fingers or get your DVD's
Not true! I've had PayPal for years and have bought many items with PayPal on eBay without issues and without risk.

If you use PayPal you have buyer protection AND the seller has seller protection (if you try to screw the seller) up to a limit but this limit is like $1000.00. They might even have raised it.

Bottom line.... if you don't receive what you ordered "as advertised" you get you money back! BOTH eBay and PayPal have buyer protection. It's nonsense to suggest your taking a risk. I've never got burned in the 10 years or so I've been getting bargains. Do you think you don't have risk buying from your local brick and mortar store? Trying buy a sold as is item you can't return. Now that's a risk 10 times that of eBay using PayPal.

Please check your facts before suggesting your going to "burn your fingers" using eBay or PayPal. That's total bull!

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
I was not questioning ebay or paypal but the seller, since I have faced problems with sellers in ebay, its just a matter of experience. Anyways you are right, you have buyer/seller protection........

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
ive been burned before on ebay.. only for small change, but still there are people out there who are complete dicks,.

sorry for the late reply, if you want tmpenc dvd author, go to afterdawn.com and click on their software page. i think thats where i got mine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis