Definitive Tech Speaker Owner's Thread

M

MAX661

Audioholic
Khellandros66 said:
:eek:

Whats wrong MAX why you selling??

~Bob
Nothing is wrong, I love/d my Def Techs and now I thirst for even more...lol Everything about this hobby is always upgrade, upgrade etc.. you know how the sickness is. If Def Tech had something higher up to offer I would have them at the top of my short list, but they do not so I have been looking at others recently.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
If thats the case take a gander at Triad, their Platinum LCRs have a one up on the Deftechs, esp when combined with nice sub, like the SuperCube Trinity.

~Bob

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
I want a trinity sub bad. Torn between trinity or rotel 1090 amp and velodyne sms-1. Ugrade to be made in april, i need to come to a decision.

M

MAX661

Audioholic
The trinity will blow you out of your seat, I would strongly suggest it. The longer I have it the more I love it.

I upgrade ALOT, I have swapped my TV 3 times in 2 years. I have changed my speakers and plan to again if I find a buyer for my current setup, I have went through 2 receivers in 2 years, 2 DVD players in a year, Cable boxes went from the SA3250HD to the SA8000HD to the SA8300HD in 1 year, I have went from the Sony RM-AV3000 remote to the Philips iPronto to the philips TSU7500 because the iPronto got smashed and now I have went back to a new iPronto all in 2 years... So you see my point about never being truly happy and always wanting more.

With all that being said, I can see myself keeping the Supercube Trinity for atleast 5-10 years! I think that says alot about it.

S

stevo137

Banned
Nice to see this thread!
I have the BP2000's and CLR2300 center purchased in Feb. 2001. These speakers were tight when new but broke in nicely within a few months. Now going on five years and sound better than ever! Wonderful speakers for the money. Wired with kimber 8VS and 4VS. http://www.kimber.com/Products/LoudSpeakerCables/8VS/8VS.aspx

BP2000's http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/powertower/bp2000.html

My next step in the future will be adding a two channel amp for the fronts and using the Anthem MCA 3 channel for the center and surrounds.
The A2 is my first choice but always open to suggestions.
http://statement.anthemav.com/HTML/Products/A_Series/A_Series.html

Last edited:
The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Stevo, who's that playing guitar, don't recognize him...

S

stevo137

Banned
The Chukker said:
Stevo, who's that playing guitar, don't recognize him...
It is Joe Satriani, the live in San Fransisco DVD. It's one of my favorite music DVD's.
It is mixed very well and also a very good looking video.
I know that pic is pretty small, is that the largest that you can post on this forum?

Last edited:
S

skasol

Junior Audioholic
Khellandros66 said:
skasol, seems lie he is stil having some slight issues, skasol if you see this post, repost the things you asked me on here to get some third party advice.

~Bob
thanks bob, I am still trying to figure out what is the best setting for the speakers, I don't think my Receiver HTR-5590 allows me to set up my speakers individually, I am able to select (large, small, subwoofer yes or no, or main or both) but other than that nothing else, I can't change the Hz so right now everything is set at 79Hz, I don't know if this is good or bad, still trying to understand what exactly I am doing, I love the way the speakers sound. thank you for anyone with some help.

Zuke

Zuke

Junior Audioholic
skasol said:
thanks bob, I am still trying to figure out what is the best setting for the speakers, I don't think my Receiver HTR-5590 allows me to set up my speakers individually, I am able to select (large, small, subwoofer yes or no, or main or both) but other than that nothing else, I can't change the Hz so right now everything is set at 79Hz, I don't know if this is good or bad, still trying to understand what exactly I am doing, I love the way the speakers sound. thank you for anyone with some help.
Do you have the L eft right and center set to large?

M

MAX661

Audioholic
I have decided to sell the enitre package for $5250 which I think is an excellent price. It breaks down as:

BP7000sc = $3600
CLR3000 = $650
BPVX/P = $1000

All have been treated very well and dusted/cleaned everyday! just leave your email address in this thread if you are interested or PM me. I would prefer local pickup because I think shipping for these heavy speakers may be high, but I will leave the final decision up to the buyer.

S

skasol

Junior Audioholic
Zuke said:
Do you have the L eft right and center set to large?
yes, I do have them set to large, but for right now I am using the build in sub on the bp7004's with the LFE to the receiver, so I chose that I had a subwoofer separate, as I understand doing that will use the subwoofers from the speakers, I am in the process of buying a new receiver as well as a new sub, I got rid of all my klipsch synergy speakers. so I am starting all over again, but to answer your original question, yes the speakers including the center are set to large.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
MAX661 said:
I have decided to sell the enitre package for $5250 which I think is an excellent price. It breaks down as:

BP7000sc = $3600
CLR3000 = $650
BPVX/P = $1000

All have been treated very well and dusted/cleaned everyday! just leave your email address in this thread if you are interested or PM me. I would prefer local pickup because I think shipping for these heavy speakers may be high, but I will leave the final decision up to the buyer.
jeez MAX, where the heck were you 6 months ago...I could've saved a LOT of $...;) If you decide you want to break them up I will HAPPILY buy your 3000 from you. Good luck with the sale!
Regards,
chux

M

MAX661

Audioholic
The Chukker said:
jeez MAX, where the heck were you 6 months ago...I could've saved a LOT of $...;) If you decide you want to break them up I will HAPPILY buy your 3000 from you. Good luck with the sale!
Regards,
chux
I dont want to break the set up, sorry... I think who ever buys these speakers will be a lucky man/woman especially for there performance vs value on what I am selling them for! I think it is more than a fair offer.

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
MAX661 said:
I dont want to break the set up, sorry... I think who ever buys these speakers will be a lucky man/woman especially for there performance vs value on what I am selling them for! I think it is more than a fair offer.
That is a very good deal. Just curious, why are you selling them? Find something you like better?

M

MAX661

Audioholic
I am selling them because I am a sick sick man who upgrades way to much!!!

No really I am selling them because I am in the process of building a new dedicated home theater with and acoustically transparent screen, so I decided I want three identical floorstanding speakers across the front soundstage. This is not possible with the Def Tech system because I dont like the sound of a bi-polar center speaker.

So I am looking into:
3x B&W 802D's across the front
or
3x Paradigm Signature S8
or
3x Revel Studio's
or
3x Triad Platinum inrooms
or
3x Totem Wind
or, or etc...

All of these speakers are awesome but also come with a hefty price increase, I am sure whoever ends up with my current setup will love them as I have for the past while. If it wasn't for my sickness {lack of a better word} I would be very happy with these as I have been.

MAX,

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Like I said the Triads Plats are the ones to go with, demoed them at HE2002 and was amazed at the quality, punch, and power. Combined with the SuperCube Trinity you will still have alot of impact, and the ability to place the units behind the screen (suggest 3 Vertical LCRs, the horizontal would recquire changes to the shelving and acoustics of the secition it resides in)

~Bob

A

Ak2002

Audiophyte
I visited Magnolia today and checked out a couple of Defs. They have a Mythos series which if it is available in black will go well with the PDP-5060HD that I'm planning to buy.

What is the Magnolia discount a couple of posters have talked about?

S

skasol

Junior Audioholic
Ak2002 said:
I visited Magnolia today and checked out a couple of Defs. They have a Mythos series which if it is available in black will go well with the PDP-5060HD that I'm planning to buy.

that is one sweet Tv, you wont regret it, the magnolia discount it's huge, but it's only good if you work there sorry, but it's a great investment nonetheless.

Zuke

Zuke

Junior Audioholic
Ak2002 said:
If you work at Best Buy you can use the company discount 5% over cost at any mini Magnolia store. Its about 50% for Def Techs. :D
It almost worth getting a part time job at BB for.

The restriction of the Magnolia discount is only valid on stocked or "active" products. Anything they have to special order we pay full price for. :(
Another restriction is that its only valid in the mini Magnolia's that are built into a BB store. So you couldn't use the discount in a stand alone Magnolia (which always have nicer stuff)
And the only down fall is that you have to work at BB for 30days.... That's about 29 days too much for normal people.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis