Definitive Tech Speaker Owner's Thread

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Ak2002 said:
I visited Magnolia today and checked out a couple of Defs. They have a Mythos series which if it is available in black will go well with the PDP-5060HD that I'm planning to buy.
Keep in mind that the Mythos series sound somewhat thinner (and more precise) than the bipolar tower series. They need more juice to make them shine, and they absolutely require a good musical sub to complement them (Supercube I would be my choice).

R

rws1950

Enthusiast
I have a pair of bp7001 sc's I know nothing about. I think I will sell them since my room is too small for them. They weigh a whopping 135lb. each. I had to use a dolly to move them into my room.
Any one know how to hook them up?

jpaul

jpaul

Junior Audioholic
New DefTech owner

Finally, My long wait is almost over.
My center will be in shortly, I have one twr being fedex to me, other twr is setup. I'm still in the process of getting speakers in and doing the setup.
All that is left is the sub. Then After that is the Blue Ray DVD. :D

frankf

frankf

Junior Audioholic
definitive

I have a definitive line up

BP2004's
CLR 2002
BP2x surrounds and rear center
PF1500
All powered by Outlaw 7700/with the 990 processor

While I have been happy with these speakers the financial oppertunity has arisen to the point that I can upgrade.

Seriously considering the Paradigm Studio 60's

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have a definitive line up

BP2004's
CLR 2002
BP2x surrounds and rear center
PF1500
All powered by Outlaw 7700/with the 990 processor

While I have been happy with these speakers the financial oppertunity has arisen to the point that I can upgrade.

Seriously considering the Paradigm Studio 60's
let me know if you want to get rid of a pair of your BP2x, I may be very interested in them. But let me know soon, as I'm in the process of getting some BP1.2x, and would rather have the 2x.

V

Vince NC

Audioholic Intern
Bp7000sc Help Please

I have been told that it is better to have full range speakers at all locations for a true 7.1 system. I have also been told that the new HD formats need full range speakers to sound it's best. This is where I need some help. The room I am building will be 25x33x10. I am thinking of using 7 Bp7000sc running them full range and two trinity subs for the LFE channel. My thoughts are with the bipole design I would get the direct sound and reflected sound for music and movies. I think it would be the best of both worlds. I would be thankful for any help I can get. Sorry so long Vince NC

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
I have a pair of bp7001 sc's I know nothing about. I think I will sell them since my room is too small for them. They weigh a whopping 135lb. each. I had to use a dolly to move them into my room.
Any one know how to hook them up?
Just use 12 ga from your receivers speaker level outouts to your speakers. No need to bi wire or run a seperate feed to the lfe.

C

chicago25624

Audioholic Intern
RWS1950 Let me know if you look to get rid of them. I have a few friends that are looking into them.

O

OrganicLED

Audiophyte
Need some advice

i'm upgrading my old Onkyo's to the DefTech line. I first thought i'd go with the pro1000's, but as i have read and listened to these and other Deftechs and think i'm want to get the SM350's or 450's with PC2000 and 3 BP1.2X surrounds. My room is 13x18, my question is would the 450's be too much withe the other speakers? As for the sub i'm thinking of the SVS cylinder 25-31 PCI. This setup will be used for my Sony 60"

O

OrganicLED

Audiophyte
thanks for the recommandation, but at 21" the center will not fit in my cabinet ans the other mains are just too tall. I would have to listen to these before i would consider a buy.

T

Tepabajo

Audiophyte
I am working on finishing my system but here's what I have so far.
Front L & R: Studio Monitor 350s
Center Chnl: ProCenter 2000
Surround L & R: ProMonitor 1000
Powered Sub: SVS sub
Rear Surround: ????????
A/V Receiver: Onkyo TXSR804s
HTPC: Acer with SilverStone GD01XR

E

EriQ009@aol.com

Audiophyte
Hey, everyone. Looking to get some informed opinions. I've been thinking about putting together a real HT system ever since I bought a shiny new TV in Nov. '05 to go with the Xbox 360 I got at the time. I gave my older HDTV and my Sony HTIB to my brother, but I never got around to making the new HT happen, so I have been sans surround sound nearly these last 2 years. Earlier this year I demoed a number of systems, and the Def Techs really stood out for me. I have now started piecing together my HT, and I decided on the following:

*Mythos Ones for fronts
*Mythos 8, center
*Supercube 1

For the rears, I am considering a pair of Mythos Gems or Gem XLs. Any thoughts on one or the other? Or maybe another set of speakers from the Mythos line would be better? The room is about 18' by 18'. For a receiver, I really liked the sound of the Denons I heard, and have heard good things about the 2807 and the 3806. Which one would work better with my set-up? Thanks guys.

V

vios500

Enthusiast
I had a question about the CLR 3000. Has anyone heard the difference with this center compared to the CLR 2000? Has the same drivers without the sub I think. I am either going to go with the 2000 or the 3000 wonder if its worth the extra $500-600 or so? And hasanyone tried using the bpx with a sub or BPX as a center. Wow it sounds great with Terminator 2 the BPX.

My current setup
DefTech Dr 7's (looking for bp 30's)
SuperCube II
DefTech BPX Surrounds (Sounds great as a center Channel)
DefTech C1 center (upgrading)
Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH very Soon!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The subwoofer in the center speaker isn't for LFE, it's just to help assist in dialogue mainly. If you aren't able to audition them both in your home, you just have to decide if the sub is worth the extra money, and I would guess it's probably not.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The subwoofer in the center speaker isn't for LFE, it's just to help assist in dialogue mainly. If you aren't able to audition them both in your home, you just have to decide if the sub is worth the extra money, and I would guess it's probably not.
I agree. The Subwoofer in the CLR3000 is NOT for the LFE/Subwoofer channel. For movies, sometimes I do hear plenty of bass music from the CLR3000, but most of the time it's just dialogue, which does not need the subwoofer.

The 10" 150-watts subwoofer inside the CLR3000 is overkill. If you just like to set your center channel to Large, then yeah, the CLR3000 is definitely full range. Is it worth the money? That all depends on you.

If you gotta have overkill, then get it. But you don't need. The most important things are those dual 6.5" midrange/woofers and single 1" tweeter.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If I had known def tech had made a center with no sub and 6.5" mids, I would have gotten that instead of the CLR2002 I have now. I don't really need the sub, but I did like the sound that I got from having 6.5" drivers in my center channel. Looks like they aren't real easy to find anymore either, maybe I'll get lucky and find a good deal on one on ebay or audiogon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis